Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael T Canavan DPM
Dr. Michael T Canavan, DPM is a Podiatrist primarily located in Danville, VA. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Podiatry. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael T Canavan has the following 1 specialty
A podiatrist is a doctor of podiatric medicine (DPM) specializing in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of the foot, ankle, and related structures of the leg. Podiatrists treat common foot conditions including bunions, hammertoe, plantar fasciitis, and neuroma, as well as injuries to the foot and ankle, such as sprains and stress fractures.
Podiatrists complete four years of medical training in podiatry and three years of hospital residency training; they may specialize in a variety of fields, including surgery, sports medicine, wound care, pediatrics, and diabetic care.
Dr. Michael T Canavan has the following 7 expertise
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Foot Pain
- Hammer Toe
- Athlete's Foot
Showing 1 of 1
Worst doctor I've ver been to
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael T Canavan - Posted on May 7th, 2018
I found him to be extremely abrupt + short in manner. He barely ever let me finish a sentence even telling me once to be quiet. On my first visit his assistant took an xray of my foot + discovered bones spurs but the doctor did not address that issue at all. Instead the doctor took a toenail clipping to be sent for a fungal test then never discussed the results of that test on my return visit or gave any recommendation as what to do even though it had come back positive. Both times the doctor rushed through my visit in less than 4-5 minutes leaving me forced to ask the receptionist to take copies of all my test results to figure them out for myself. Both times the doctor was pushing me for what he called a procedure of putting in a arterial leg stent because of a moderate case of poor circulation in my feet. I also discovered the office had listed my phone number in their records as one registered in Mexico! Lastly after telling another woman of my experience she said her husband had the same experience + also didn't like Dr Canavan.
38 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Dr. Michael T Canavan Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 1
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
Locations & DirectionsAMBULATORY FOOT CARE CENTER, 789 Piney Forest Rd Ste B, Danville, VA
Dr. Michael T Canavan is similar to the following 4 Podiatrists near Danville, VA.