Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gary M Kazmer DPM
Dr. Gary Kazmer has been practicing Podiatry in the Chicagoland area, with offices in Elgin and Barrington, Illinois, for over 24 years where he was born and raised. Dr. Kazmer treats hammertoes, bunions, heel pain, Plantar Fasciitis, gout, and arthritis. He provides on-site x-rays and custom fit orthotics. Dr. Kazmer graduated from the Scholl College in Chicago, Illinois. He continued his podiatry training at Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center, one of the best teaching hospitals in this field. While attaining his surgical training at Advocate, he was named Chief Resident in his final year. Today Dr. Kazmer continues to practice at Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center and is a surgical instructor at the hospital.To further his podiatric career Dr. Kazmer became Board Certified by the American Board of Podiatric Surgery. These credentials are an intellectual achievement for any Podiatrist providing only the best of care for their patients.Services performed at onsite Surgical Centers include MRI and CT scan, reconstructive foot and ankle surgery, sports injuries, as well as cosmetic procedures.As a father and physician, he specializes in children's foot problems such as creating a precision fitted arch support for the pediatric patient, these are most commonly required for flat feet. He believes most foot disorders or abnormalities can be corrected if early intervention is provided properly. He also provides expert treatment for adults and seniors with conditions such as a diabetic foot, gout, plantar fasciitis, fungal nails, heel pain or spurs, bunions, corns and calluses, hammer toes as well as ingrown nails.Dr. Kazmer's practice model is to allow the body to heal naturally with conservative therapy and using surgical intervention only as the last treatment option. This philosophy is based on his extensive experience with all types of patients young and old. This method is conservative, yet innovative and effective for all foot & ankle disorders.
Dr. Gary M Kazmer has 3 locations
4103 W 26th St
Chicago, IL 60623
1710 N Randall Rd Ste 140
Elgin, IL 60123
420 W Northwest Hwy
Barrington, IL 60010
Dr. Gary M Kazmer has the following 1 specialty
A podiatrist is a doctor of podiatric medicine (DPM) specializing in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of the foot, ankle, and related structures of the leg. Podiatrists treat common foot conditions including bunions, hammertoe, plantar fasciitis, and neuroma, as well as injuries to the foot and ankle, such as sprains and stress fractures.
Podiatrists complete four years of medical training in podiatry and three years of hospital residency training; they may specialize in a variety of fields, including surgery, sports medicine, wound care, pediatrics, and diabetic care.
Dr. Gary M Kazmer has the following 7 expertise
- Hammer Toe
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Foot Pain
- Athlete's Foot
Dr. Gary M Kazmer Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Gary M Kazmer is similar to the following 4 Podiatrists near Chicago, IL.