Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile
Deptartment of Fetal Medicine
30 Prospect Ave
Hackensack, NJ 07601
(201) 996-2453
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Excellent and a true professional  |  show details
by Micah on Jun 21st, 2013

After the loss of our first born son we searched all over the world to find the best possible doctor to help us with our second pregnancy. Dr Al-Khan is the best in the medical field and we are blessed to be under his care. We are not full time patients but he is overseeing our pregnancy. It help my wife and I sleep better at night.

|  This review is only for his staff  |  show details
by manhattancheesecakes on May 30th, 2013

Dr Al-Khan was highly highly recommended by my GP so I wanted to see him but in the 2-3 calls that I made to his office to check if they accept my insurance and get details, I was absolutely put-off. Turns out they do not accept my insurance so I have to go somewhere else, I am not completely disappointed at that news though. Because although it would have been nice to be his patient, I am saved the trouble of dealing with the rude office staff. Considering he is a high risk pregnancy specialist, all his patients would be justifiably worried and insecure and not necessarily well-versed with everything they have, it would be so wonderful if the office staff of such a practice is compassionate and understanding. I wish Dr Al-Khan all the best as I am sure he is a great doctor based on the reviews and the high recommendations he gets.

|  He is excellent  |  show details
Jul 7th, 2012

Compassionate, extremely knowledgeable, excellent staff and facilities.

|  Worlds best Dr.  |  show details
Apr 2nd, 2012

All I can say is that he is the best there is nothing more I can say A

|  Saved our lives  |  show details
Sep 23rd, 2011

From the moment I met Dr. Al Khan, lying in a hospital, 5 months pregnant vomiting blood and in end stage renal failure, I knew we were going to make it. And not just survive, but thrive. All the odds were against me and my daughter but he gave us the confidence, trust,respect and expertise we needed. It wasn't just his professionalism and experience, it was his sincerity and genuine concern for us. There wasn't anything we wanted for. He even drove back in from Manhattan to preform the emergency c-section with my regular OB, rather than leave it to another surgeon. His follow up is outstanding and his comittment to his patients,both mother and child is phenomenal. He is someone I consider a true friend and still keep in touch with 15 months later. God bless Abdulla Al Khan.

|  TEN STARS  |  show details
Jun 30th, 2011

If I could give 10 stars I would he's the best hands down

|  A  |  show details
Mar 17th, 2011

Amazing, wonderful, Skilled doctor. Saved my life and will be forever grateful.!

|  He is the best Doctor!  |  show details
by Melizza Pestano on Feb 21st, 2011

Its my first time being pregnant and I had a lot of compilations. Fortunately, I had Dr. Al-Khan as my Doctor because he took great care of me. I am physically handicapped and he made me, and my husband feel as comfortable as possible. My Mom, my husband and I are very happy with his care for me. I definitely felt like I was the only patient he had even though he's got dozens of patients that he is seeing. I had complication during birth and he saved me and my sons life. We appreciate his great work and hospitality. Thank you Doctor Al-Khan

|  TOP PERINATOLOGIST  |  show details
Dec 20th, 2010

Top Perinatologist in the State of New Jersey and one of the Top 10 in the CountryOutstanding Physician and Surgeon

Nov 9th, 2010

Dr. Al Khan has an amazing bedside manner.

|  Absolutely great doctor  |  show details
by Kotya on Oct 1st, 2010

He was my ob with the twin pregnancy & delivered by CS our 2 beautiful babies. It was absolutely great experience to deal with him during all 7 month of preg & even after. I has always got my questions answered, he was very patient, always helpful with all my concerns, gave lots of beautiful tips, which helped very much, really cared about what I want & expect, showed himself very professional & educated. The CS was done very well, I got the whole bunch of visits from him even on weekend while I was recovering in hospital, got couple concerns after the discharge & he was very nice to meet me without any appointment to check if I'm all right. Btw he's got very sharp sense of humor, which helps a lot as well :) I'm really happy that he was my ob & highly recommend him to anyone.

Feb 6th, 2010

Having gone through a complicated delivery Dr Alkhan proved to be an exceptional surgeon, in addition to his surgical skills his patience with me during my delivery eased my experience.Days after the delivery i was walking around comfortably, and months after the delivery i realized that my scars were very cosmetic in nature. I highly recommend him and would see him if i was pregnant again!

|  Dr Al-Khan is a wonderful, professional and caring physician  |  show details
Jan 7th, 2010

My husband and I felt extremely at ease and safe under Dr. Al-Khan's meticulous care. He has a kind and caring bedside manner. He is extremely professional and well educated. I would recommend him to anyone seeking quality prenatal care.

Dec 5th, 2009

I found myself in bed on the 2nd floor of Womens and Childrens building, in bed that was turned upside down leaving my head lower than my feet (very uncomfortable position). This is when I met Dr. Alkhan, as all patients placed on the 2nd floor are his responsibility. I was destroyed by the thought that I had at least 20 more weeks of pregnancy and I was on complete bed rest. After I met him, he reassured me that there was nothing to worry about. I am not the first and not the last to survive the inconvenience, but that the end result is going to be a complete success. He visited me every day, he sat down and talked to me every day addressing all my concern, he showed up every time I called for him and brought me special order lunches just for me (with my luck I was also a diabetic, which made me crazy). He was companionate, professional, firm, knowledgeable, courteous, and above all understanding. I was under his care for over 2 months and no matter what he was a complete professional, so ladies please do not believe the nonsense about yelling and arrogance.I was there long enough to tell you that he is the best there is, when you are down and out you can tern to him and he will be the light you are looking for. And on the topic of C-Sections, I had one my choice! Have you ever considered that if you are under his care you are High Risk, how many surprises do you want? Do you really want more complications at the finish line? I wanted to have a controlled delivery NO MORE SURPRISES! So do not think for one minute that they are recommending the C-Section for their own good, it is for yours and that of your to be born child.

Jun 23rd, 2009

I was seeing his partner, dr. Alvarez but had to have dr. al-khan deal with my pregnancy when I started contracting and he ended up delivering my triplets. I liked his bedside manner and the care he showed.

|  The best in the Tri-State  |  show details
Sep 27th, 2008

He is an excellent surgeon and MFM speclisit. He saved my life! That's all I can say. Don't be caught in a few dissapointed patient. He has seen thousands!!! Get the opinion of the majority!

Jun 18th, 2008

This doctor is a rude and arrogant. He thinks he knows it all and has an air about him. You will never get a fair trial of labor with him. I should have ran the minute I looked into his dark beady eyes. His partner Dr. Abdelhak was great though!