A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Akbar Rizvi:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Akbar Rizvi is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Rizvi
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Rizvi Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Specialties & Research
Dr. Akbar Rizvi, MD is board certified in Hematology and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
Education & Awards
Dr. Rizvi graduated from Dow Medical College, Karachi.
Dr. Rizvi has 20 hospital affiliations:
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Of Dallas
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Akbar Rizvi MD is a male Hematologist, has 21 years of experience and practices in Hematology and Medical Oncology.
- Where does Dr. Akbar Rizvi practice?
- Dr. Akbar Rizvi has 3 office locations.
Dr. Akbar Rizvi practices Hematology and Medical Oncology near McKinney, TX.
Additional practice locations include: Carrollton, TX.
See McKinney Hematologists and McKinney Oncologists.