Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile
North Dallas
North Texas Gynecologic Oncology
12200 Park Central Dr
Ste 410
Dallas, TX 75251
972-490-5970
Locations and availability (3)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Caring Doctor  |  show details
by SF on Jun 11th, 2014

I highly recommend Dr. Munoz. He is a very caring doctor and will spend the time with you that you need. He is very approachable and easy to talk to and I believe he has his patients best interest at heart.

|  In my opinion, BEWARE !!!  |  show details
by MS on Feb 24th, 2014

In my opinion, BEWARE !!!Do NOT go to see Alan Munoz, MD and/or Dr. Alan Munoz, or have, Alan Munoz, MD or Dr. Alan Munoz be your OB/Gyn or your OB/Gyn Oncologist because in my opinion he is a piece of crap and in my opinion he did not tell me the truth or state the truth when he performed my surgery for removal of a benign fibroid on my uterus.And, although I sued Alan Munoz, MD and/or Dr. Alan Munoz and I demonstrated that my right Ureter was SEVERED by him during my operation, and I had to undergo months of recovery due to this injury, the jury found that this was not medical malpractice under the law.Furthermore, because my attorney did not properly plead certain actions that could have been brought against him, I wasnt able to sue Alan Munoz, MD and/or Dr. Alan Munoz for removing my ovaries and my tubes without my final consent and leaving me without ability to bear children.Therefore, if you have the need to go to someone who is an OB/Gyn or an OB/Gyn Oncologist do NOT go to Alan Munoz, MD and/or Dr. Alan Munoz. And if you have any questions about what Alan Munoz, MD and/or Dr. Alan Munoz did to me, go onto the Dallas county District Court website and search his name.

|  In my opinion, BEWARE  |  show details
by Ms. M on Feb 24th, 2014

In my opinion, BEWARE, Do not go to see Alan Munoz, MD and/or Dr. Alan Munoz, or have, Alan Munoz, MD or Dr. Alan Munoz be your OB/Gyn or your OB/Gyn Oncologist because in my opinion he is a piece of crap and in my opinion he did not tell me the truth or state the truth when he performed my surgery for removal of a benign fibroid on my uterus. And, although I sued Alan Munoz, MD and/or Dr. Alan Munoz and I demonstrated that my right Ureter was SEVERED by him during my operation, and I had to undergo months of recovery due to this injury, the jury found that this was not medical malpractice under the law. Furthermore, because my attorney did not properly plead certain actions that could have been brought against him, I wasn’t able to sue Alan Munoz, MD and/or Dr. Alan Munoz for removing my ovaries and my tubes without my final consent and leaving me without ability to bear children. Therefore, if you have the need to go to someone who is an OB/Gyn or an OB/Gyn Oncologist do NOT go to Alan Munoz, MD and/or Dr. Alan Munoz. And if you have any questions about what Alan Munoz, MD and/or Dr. Alan Munoz did to me, go onto the Dallas county District Court website and search his name.

by Mary F on Nov 25th, 2013

I have always been afraid to go to doctors but Dr. Munoz made me feel very comfortable right away. I would recommend him to anyone. I love his caring, loving attitude. God was definitely looking out for me when I was referred to Dr. Munoz. He will always have a special place in my heart and my family's as well. The wait in the office is well worth it since he will take the time to talk with you and answer any questions that you have. He is also a take action now Dr. You cannot go wrong with Dr. Munoz

Oct 18th, 2012

Dr. Munoz was very condescending during his review of my biopsy results. He was not prepared at my appointment. He read the results in front of me and was not familar bio-indentical hormones.

|  Great Dr... Staff could show a little more compassion  |  show details
Nov 22nd, 2011

As for the Dr, he is top knotch. Most of the staff is great also. Although there are a few that could work on treaing people like humans and not a number. Overall it is a good office! I have thought about looking elsewhere because of staff issues, but I trust Dr Munoz too much. You will sometimes find that a praticular nurse is listening to you, but not quite hearing you. She tends to over talk you or brush you off. I think its because she has lost touch with the patients. Maybe been in the industry a little too long... You will figure out who I'm talking about quickly.

Apr 26th, 2011

Dr. Munoz is eccentric, which is okay if the result is great patient care. Instead, I felt that as complex as my surgery was, I was given very minimal pre and post surgical time. My questions were barely answered, his dimeanor was questionable, and the results of my surgical report are so highly incompatable with the results of subsequent scans that I have serious doubts that the surgical report was accurate. I have had other physicians and radiologists call him that totally disagree with his surgical report. He may be a genius in his field, but a flawed one, as the genius I saw was a bizarre individual who was no longer in his prime.

|  reassuring  |  show details
by victoria bonds on Mar 23rd, 2011

I was very scared and he was very calming and talked in terms I could understand

|  Overall, wonderful physician & staff  |  show details
Mar 18th, 2011

I absolutely love Dr. Munoz and his staff (especially the chemo nurses-Stephanie & Michelle). Waiting can be irritating. Not bad forchemo bloodwork, but waiting for Munoz can be incredibly long if his rounds take longer than anticipated (I waited for 1.5-2 hours!). Buythat is the only negative. Staff bends over backwards to comply with your schedule. Overall, I would highly recommend Dr. Munoz and his staff!

|  Gives the time you need...  |  show details
Mar 8th, 2011

It is true that sometimes we, his patients, will wait 30, 40, 60 minutes. Why, well some patients who are recently out of surgery may need more time than those who are in for a 3-year checkup. He gives you the time you need without feeling rushed.

|  Dr Munoz is a miracle worker  |  show details
by Jill Jackson on Dec 13th, 2010

Dr Munoz is not only a miracle worker, but the most caring doctor that you could ever ask for. He saved my life, and I am grateful to him every day.

|  Great Doctor- Poor Staffing & Management of Office  |  show details
Jul 10th, 2010

Great doctor & everyone loves him (including me)but the hour wait every time (on more than 2 occations) & lack of follow-up by his nurse (for lab results and rx fills) is very bad. I've finally decided that the staffing problem is not worth the frustration to go there anymore. I think the nurse rides on the reputation of the doctor because they can get away w/it (which was the only reason I continued to put up with it as long as I did).

|  Texas Super Doctor  |  show details
Jan 13th, 2010

Dr. Munoz combines intellectual brainpower, genuine caring and incredible surgical talent into one. As a cancer patient, one of the first lessons you learn is patience, so waiting in the office for your appointment is sometimes unavoidable...and if you chat with Cindy, his friendly receptionist, often you discover that Dr. Munoz has been called into a last-minute surgery to save someone's life, because he is simply the best at what he does. We "Chemo Sisters" in his infusion room often discuss this...we can tell who the new patients are because they don't understand the need to wait an extra few minutes. But if you're Dr. Munoz's patient, he is going to spend the extra time with you to answer all your questions. After all, you don't want him rushing through your surgery, right? No wonder he's been voted a Texas Super Doctor numerous times. And his staff will bend over backwards for you; you'll quickly be on a first-name basis with all of them. They ALL care about you. In short, you'll be fortunate to be a patient of this office.

by Jill Jackson on Dec 29th, 2009

Dr. Munoz saved my life - I would not be here today if it were not for him. He is a miracle worker, and the nicest, most caring doctor that you could ever ask for.

|  Best Oncologist in the World  |  show details
by Jill Kempa on Dec 18th, 2009

He is the best doctor ever with a wonderful bed side manner. He has saved so many lives of people that I know including my own, I always tell him that his hands are gifted by God. If they were giving awards for the Best doctor of the YEAR. He would get it hands down. When you get with Dr. Munoz you have no more worries, because he will take the best care of you as he can. He is an excellent Cancer doctor and views you as a whole person not just your illness. I had beginning stages of uterine cancer and didn't even know it. My gynogolist had no idea. Dr. Munoz found it and saved my life. He will always be special to me. He will spend as much with you as you need.Your Luck will be all good in Dr. Munoz's hands.

Sep 11th, 2009

IF I EXPERIENCE ANY WATING TIME DURING A VISIT IT WAS DUE UNFORSEEN OCCURRENCES WITH A PATIENT IN OFFICE OR HOSPITAL WHICH DID NOT CHANGE MY VIEW ON OVERALL PERFORMANCE OF DOCTOR AND STAFF. I MUST ADMIT I WAS LATE SEVERAL TIMES AND APOLOGIED TO STAFF AND THEY WERE STILL KIND,HELPFUL,FRIENDLY AND VERY PROFESSIONAL.

|  wife's hysterectomy for endometrial cancer  |  show details
Aug 17th, 2009

Dr Munoz is very good with patients and I recommend him to anyone facing cancer surgery. He spends time answering questions and offers suggestions for treatments depending on special circumstances. I highly recommend Dr. Munoz for women facing cancer surgery.

Jan 20th, 2009

very caring md and would recommend him to anyone who is facing a serious illness

|  Dr Munoz Rocks  |  show details
by Jennifer Estrada on Dec 14th, 2008

He is so comforting and helpful when you don't understand all of the things your body are going through when being diagnosed with cancer. His staff is awesome and so very loving!!! I know why he is voted best in his field by his peers.