Dr. Albert Ma MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry Bakersfield, CA

3.8

April 21st, 2016
Exceptional, kind and understanding. The best for working with Autism and bi-polar, with temperament as well as aggressive out burst behavior problems. Works extremely hard to give feedback and developing a proper balance of medication. Willing to work with older patients who have never developed and remain with childhood issues. (Example: 85 years old but is mentally only a 2 year old.)

October 8th, 2015
Unethical practice
Do not ever see this doctor! I went to him for two years and he discharged me from his practice for missing a few appointments in two years time. He discharged me with no referral or medications. This is not only unethical but illegal. Its called patient abandonment. He will do the same to you. Beware.

May 18th, 2015
He's uncaring and is obviously only doing this job for the money. He is always in such a hurry to get out of there.

January 31st, 2015
He listens in, and trusts out. (Deep, I know)
Dr. Ma's field is not one of objective black and white diagnoses or results. So I wont speak to that. What I will say, with passion, is that in my experience with him I feel heard. Bottomline. I feel like he listens to me (though he doesnt show it), and understands the best he can, but does so in a way that is uncommonly sincere and trusting on a deeply human level. Onnly fter being Dr. Ma's patient do I feel I see through other doctors he view men as a talking piece of meat, disrespecting my dignity in doing so. Most other doctor's have a much better beside manner fan Dr. Ma. It'll fool meinto thinking otherwise, but at the end of the day im merely a case study at best and dollar sign at worst . I don't know how good a doctor he is, but his patients are real people to him.

January 21st, 2015
I was very comfortable talking with him. He is respectful and makes you feel at ease.

April 28th, 2014
BEWARE
This Dr. should NOT be trusted. A doctor takes a oath to " Cause No Harm." It was my unfortunate experience to be one that he cause harm too. While he sits there with the smile, don't be filled by his smug underlying of humility for you or your child. All he cares about is money, embracing pharmaceutical reps perks and would let anyone crawling to a room on antipsychotics, when they aren't in the least psychotic. He snubs those who have mental illness and is a hypocrisy to those he works for and with. He has no business being in this profession or taken seriously and makes a mockery of ethics and the oath taken by many a Doctor I have seen in my lifetime. Please look into a doctor that has more genuine credibility. I'd feel bad for his staff if he didn't bribe them with material objects and free fine dining.

July 18th, 2012
Dr. Ma is great. He gets my autistic son to talk to him, and also talks to me in plain language so I can understand what's going on. I feel like he has helped me make excellent treatment choices for my son.

April 22nd, 2011
Good doctor
Took my son for ADHD, he got right to the point. We have only had our first visit, but we he scheduled us right away for a follow up visit.