Dr. Alejandro Espaillat MD Patient Reviews

• Ophthalmology Hialeah, FL

3.1

July 2nd, 2016
Do not put yourself in harms way. Very dangerous doctor.
Had catarat surgery. He left me blind from one eye. Had emergency surgery but doctor was not able to recover my sight. After this problem met other patients that others had similar outcome. Do not recommend. Be very careful.

December 16th, 2015
Horrible not professional at all, don't go

March 8th, 2014
Dr Alejandro Espaillat For My Lasik Eye Surgery
When I turned 50 years old, I could tell that my eyes were failing. I was having trouble seeing at a distance and I was finding it harder to drive at night. My sister had previously had Lasik surgery and she was very happy with the results, so I thought I would see about getting it done too. I made an appointment with Dr Alejandro Espaillat and he examined my eyes. After the examination, he told me that I was a good candidate for the surgery, so I scheduled an appointment for the procedure. The surgery on my eyes took about an hour and there was no pain involved. I had to wear dark sunglasses the rest of the day so that the sun would not damage my eyes. The next day whenI went back to the clinic, the doctor examined my eyes, and he said the surgery was a success. I am so glad that I went to Dr Alejandro Espaillat for Lasik surgery because now I can see better than ever.

January 22nd, 2014
Totally Satisfied
I'm not a person who would usually recommend a doctor to anyone, but with Dr. Alejandro Espaillat, I make an exception. This is because when I went to see him about my eye problem. He was far more than just a highly professional doctor to me. He was a deeply caring man and someone who did want to be there in every way. I had to eventually have small incision cataract surgery done on my right eye. However, I felt completely at ease getting the procedure done, and that was because this awesome physician/surgeon was the one doing it. He made me feel totally at ease with him and explained the procedure to me in detail. I could sense the bond that he was trying to form with me to make me feel comfortable. I immeditately realized that he was way more than just a top of the line medical professional. He was also a top of the line human being and had deep feelings/regard for me and his other patients. Not too many doctors today feel this way or try to make a connection with their patients. Dr. Espaillat puts himself out there for his patients and that is the gospel truth. May God Bless him for his kindness and compassion that he does give to his patients freely. So, with all this said, I would again say that I would recommend him to anyone I know and don't know. Simply because of all that I have stated here for the record about him. He truly is a one of a kind healer when it comes to eye troubles. The most rewarding thing about having a doctor/surgeon such as him is very clear. He will openly go out of his way for you, where your health is concerned every time, and this is not something that a lot of doctors do today. Dr. Alejandro Espaillat gets personal with his patients and it is all because he cares about you the person. He wants your health to be good and does all the can to make it so.

November 27th, 2013
Nearsighted No Longer!
I've had extremely severe myopia (nearsightedness) for almost my entire life. So long, I hardly remembered what it was like to look at the world without glasses. I was going to start university soon and didn't want to be judged or ridiculed based on the way I look, so I looked around to find someone who would be able to fix my myopia so I wouldn't have to wear glasses anymore. LASIK wasn't really an option, as my focus was off too much, making it difficult to find reputable doctors who could actually help me. I actually found Dr. Alejandro Espaillat's practice online, and after a little digging through the reviews, promptly made an appointment for a consultation. After determining that the Phakic IOL (Intraocular Lens) treatment was my best option, we went through with the procedure. The side effects Dr. Espaillat told me to expect after surgery almost didn't even happen. No discomfort, no sensitivity. I didn't even have to use pain pills. He didn't knock me out, but that's ok because it was over really quickly. I threw my glasses away yesterday. No more do I have to suffer with the restrictions glasses give me. No more do I have to rely on easily misplaced or broken little pieces of glass and metal for my God-given gift of sight. I then decided to tell others how amazing this procedure was for me. I mean, I decided to get this done on reviews, right? I want other people to know the joy of not needing glasses. Of finally being able to see the world with my own two eyes. Hopefully, this post will change someone's life just like it changed mine.

October 2nd, 2013
Dr. Espaillat Rocks!
My grandmother was looking into LASIK surgery, and a friend of hers told us about Dr. Espaillat. He had the same procedure done over a year ago, and told us how happy he had been with Dr Espaillat and his staff, so I called for an appointment. It was so easy...no waiting for months just for an appointment to be seen by the doctor, and when we did go in, the staff was so nice! We didn't have to wait very long to see him, and after he explained the procedure to us, I actually think my grandmother was looking forward to it. This in itself is amazing, since she doesn't like doctors over all. Now it's been three months, and my grandmother is seeing perfectly! She loves it, and I love seeing her so happy! Thank you Dr. Espaillat, and thanks to your staff, also. You made a woman that means a lot to me very happy, and healthier because of all you did.

September 19th, 2013
Amazing Results!!
Recently I needed to have surgery for Myopia and I must admit I was feeling extremely nervous at the thought of surgery being performed on my eyes. It was recommended by a colleague who had the same problem as me to make an appointment to see Dr Alejandro Espaillat at the Espaillat Eye and Laser Institute. He put me at ease immediately and talked me through the procedure that he thought was best for me. I have since had LASIK eye surgery and I have never been better! No more glasses for me. Dr Espaillat and his staff were very reassuring and made me very comfortable. The procedure was not painful at all and by the next day I was feeling almost completely normal again. There were no side effects except maybe a little dryness of my eyes but that was easily treated by the artificial tears that Dr Espaillat recommended. Everyone of the staff were wonderful and the results of the LASIK are phenomenal. I would say to anybody who needs some sort of surgery on the eyes, to contact Dr Espaillat because the results from the surgery he performed on me are amazing.

April 16th, 2013
Some professionals do their job for the money and others do it because it is their passion. Dr. Expaillat does it because it is his passion. I was very nervous when I went to see him regarding a surgery. He cleared up my concerns and made me feel at ease. The surgery itself I call it a success. Wourld I recommend Dr. Espaillat? Absolutely. It is not often that you meet people that would go the extra mile to do their jobs. Thank You Dr. Espaillat and may God bless you.

March 26th, 2013
100% SATISFIED
Dr. Espaillat deserves my appreciation for a job well done. Starting with the receptionist and the doctor itself, I'm impressed by the service provided to me. The wait time was reasonable and Dr. Espaillat took his time to explain the procedure and what should I expect from it. I am totally satisfied with the service provided and would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone that is looking for the services/procedures he provides. Keep up the good work.

March 16th, 2013
Great Results
I had my upper and lower eyelids done, as well as botox and fillers. I must say that I am more than satisfied with the results, as well as the way the doctor performed the procedures. The results were amazing and so was the way I was treated by both the doctor and his staff. I would recommend and do Dr. Espaillat to anyone looking for this procedures. Thanks doctor and keep up the good work.

September 3rd, 2012
Really bad Doctor
If you read his ad, it says he will go above and beyond to satisfy his patients...that is a BIG LIE. I got Botox treatment from this guy and first the waiting was over an hour (2nd appointment), my first one was canceled without calling me, I just found that out when I got to his office. After I got the Botox I called them to express my dissatisfaction about the results and I ask them for a follow up appointment to show him the bad result ,they just didnt care and they would not gave me another appointment. The office manager even threatened me by having me removed by security if I decided to show up to speak to the doctor (if we can call him that ). So my recommendation to whoever is reading this is to look for a real doctor who really cares about his patients ," because this one does NOT"

July 4th, 2012
Messed up my eye!
I got lasik for both eyes from Espaillat. He messed up my left eye way worse than it was to begin with. He charged me $600 for an "enhancement" and it did improve, but the result was far from optimal. This doctor cuts corners and takes zero responsibility for his mistakes. Do not trust these people with your vision!.