3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Outstanding Doctor show details Outstanding Doctor
by Bert Rollins on Apr 7th, 2014

I hae never had the opportunity to meet such a courteous person who goes to such great lengths to satisfy his Patience's. He explains everything in depth and to be the most professional and outstanding performance a person could hope for! I have never had the opportunity to meet such a polite person and knowledageable in his profession as I did with DR, Komar. I feel he went above and beyond to insure I had the best service in both of my surgeries he performed on me. It is becoming all too rare to find a person ( DR Aleksander R. Komar M.D.) that goes to such lengths to satisfy his patiences. DR Komar is a great asset to the medical field!

BEWARE show details BEWARE
by ANONYMOUS on Apr 2nd, 2014

BEWARE.. Will want to cut you open, regardless if you are recovered yet or not from chemo or radiation, claiming that it is OK to do so, when it is clearly not OK yet. As result, you WILL suffer surgery complications, malnutrition that will surely be disregarded and not cured, and as result will suffer certain complications, unnecessary pain & sickness and end result of DEATH.. GOTO A SPECIALIST.. DON'T SAY YOU WERE NOT WARNED...

This Doctor cannot be trusted show details This Doctor cannot be trusted
Sep 17th, 2012

He refused to read medical reports or medical history before surgery. He did not perform the surgery in the manner that we had agreed upon.

May 25th, 2011

I developed a fistula from the baby spinach e coli outbreak in 2006. After the diagnosis from a proctologist, I was referred to Dr. Komar. The surgery was supposed to be a minor outpatient procedure. IMO, Dr. Komar did not do adequate pre- or post-op procedures, which caused the collagen plug to abscess. After running a high fever, I called Dr. Komar's office. He told me to wait until my appointment a few weeks away. After another day of evern higher temperature and further abscessing, I was able to get someone from his office to let me come to the office. Dr. Komar was furious that I was let in. Upon inpsecting the collagen plug, which was attached to my colon via sutures, he RIPPED IT OUT! IMO, his skill and temperment are better suited for a butcher instead of a surgeon.

Scheduling Appointments show details Scheduling Appointments
Nov 29th, 2010

Scheduling appointments to see doctor is ok but scheduling appointments for MRI, cat scans, and other test are the worst I ever experienced in my entire life. This isn't the first time its happened to me at this office location Eau Gallie Blvd, Melbourne. For example, I saw Dr Komar on 8 Nov he instructed his administrative assistant to schedule a cat scan pelvic area and to reschedule an appointment to see him a week later. I waited 16 days to hear about the cat scan. Called the office myself to find out the status spoke to a girl named Karen who said she knew nothing about it she checked records to find I was right and to this date 29 Nov I still haven't hear from her. Left messages to have the doctor call me at his convenience also and still haven't heard from him either.

Very Rare! show details Very Rare!
May 9th, 2010

I have become used to doctors that diagnosis without even looking at you or hearing you completely out and being wrong, but not pursuing further being and in a hurry to get to the next patient. Moody staff that act annoyed that you are there. I typically will not go until very serious.Coming to Komar office was completely different experience. I was in fact there because of other doctors (like the afore mentioned) where they did not believe their treatment didn't work and I was getting worse. Dr Komar tried different things until it got resolved. He and his staff appeared always honest and caring, even when advising of potential negative outcomes and reassuring at the options. His staff are always friendly and helpful. Karen and Kim are the best! I had another unrelated issue which brought me to them again this year. And I was again pleased with the outcome. There are way too few doctors that are as thorough and caring like this.

He is good ! show details He is good !
by Thomas Taylor on Aug 10th, 2008

My experience with Dr.Komar was a pleasant and refreshing time in my life as i have never had surgery. He was caring and his staff of DR'S are caring as well.If you live in brevard county i highly recommend his services.