Dr. Alexander Kofinas MD Patient Reviews

• Maternal and Fetal Medicine Garden City, NY

• Good
  • Bad

May 16th, 2017
Put my unborn child's life in jeapordy...
Sent me for surgery that I did not need! No apologies- just a bill! Disgusting!!!!!!!!!

April 27th, 2017
Unprofessional and RUDE
NEVER AGAIN

March 6th, 2017
Awful
Disrespectful to myself, my husband and his own staff! NEVER AGAIN!

February 7th, 2017
Deserves to have his license taken away!
I went to this Dr. bc my OBGYN recommended him to me. He seemed like he was Ok... then he sent me off for test after test and charged me an exuberant amount of money to see him and continue text and medications which I found out later - I DID NOT NEED!!!!!!

December 31st, 2016
Unsatisfied
Very disappointing. This doctors is surgery prone. Every woman in the waiting area in the office was ordered a surgery. I had two second opinions and was told I didn't need surgery. I was sent for so many tests and my insurance company paided a lot of money. The surgeries he wanted me to get that I didn't need would have cost my insurance company 30,000 dollars more plus all my co payments. He wouldn't even give me Ivf until I had surgeries. Office is unprofessional that they Keep you waiting for hours in the office and when you are seen it's just another song and dance for another test or surgery. FYI: I'm pregnant naturally.😀 Thank god for second and third opinions.

December 8th, 2016
Unacceptable treatment of patients. In it for the money.

October 19th, 2016
Mother
If you need to see a specialist during your pregnancy, Kofinas Perinatal is the way to go. As a mother of 2 high risk pregnancies, I was referred to Dr. Kofinas' care. I have truly never felt more cared for by a doctor. With the many issues I had relating to my high risk pregnancies, I was given a plan, proper care and knowledge of how to take care of myself and my unborn babies. Both of my children were born healthy despite what I had gone through. I owe it to Dr. Kofinas and his team for my little miracles and the constant care and attention he gave to us. Without him, I don't think I'd be here to talk about 2 children. Thank you Dr. Kofinas! You will always be a very special person to me and my family.

March 6th, 2016
I get tears in my eyes thinking of how dr kofinas and his staff changed my life . He is a genius and above all the rest . I suffered three miscarriages before we found him. I now have two gorgeous twin daughters who are perfect .. Healthy and so smart . I delivered at 37 weeks with twins and he took care of me and my babies the whole time to ensure a perfect delivery and pregnancy. He is simply the best ..no other doctor on Long Island understands and can treat recurrent pregnancy loss like him . I thank god all the time for my beautiful girls and he is a huge reason why I carried to term

December 31st, 2015
Dr. Alexander Kofinas- horrible!!!!!!!!!
Alexander D. Kofinas shouldn't have any stars. He is the most unprofessional Doctor I have ever come into contact with. The man now resides in my nightmares. Unnecessary testing, medication and surgery!!!!!!! Horrible horrible horrible!!!!!!

December 7th, 2015
A true scientist
I would highly recommend Dr. Kofinas. In my opinion he does not follow standard of care-which is why I went to him in the first place. Dr. K designed his own protocol after years of research and high success rates. He is an expert in his field and very knowledgable about MTHFR. Several of my friends have suffered multiple miscarriages prior to seeing Dr. Kofinas! Don't expect him to be warm and fuzzy-but do expect him to vigilantly protect your unborn child!

October 16th, 2015
This man sent me for surgery when I was pregnant with my first child! He misdiagnosed me! The surgery was completely unnecessary! Run far away!

February 11th, 2015
Top notch
Hands down the best physician I've ever had.