Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Best Alternative show details Best Alternative
Jul 18th, 2016

2009 ... I have D.I.S.H. arthritis .. had procedures between 3-4, 4-5, and 5-6 .. both sides. I was in terrible pain, even with pain medication. Basically pain free when I left the institute. Other than reduced neck mobility, from the arthritis, I am at 95% normal life. One negative after 7 years, I am starting to have a little nerve pressure at one of the locations. From the beginning, I was informed that this may occur and a little touch up may be needed. I will go back and have it worked on. I do not take spine surgery lightly, I feel that this is the best alternative for my situation. My other local option is major surgery through the front of my neck ..... for a lightly pinched nerve?

World class outfit show details World class outfit
by Mary Ellen Fitzgerald on May 11th, 2016

This has been the best experience in any type of medical settings that I have ever had. All the doctors, nurses and staff have been extremely knowledgable, compassionate, caring and loving. I would recommend the Bonati Institue to anyone and everyone that has neck and or back issues.

Surgeries neck both sides show details Surgeries neck both sides
by Marika Tarver on May 5th, 2016

This is the best clinic I have been to !!! And I have been to quite a few ! Very knowledgeable, courteous, very clean, friendly, on time and respectful I cannot complain about anything!! A

Bonati surgery was excellent show details Bonati surgery was excellent
by Robert Boyle on Apr 25th, 2016

I went down to Hudson , FL because no one else in Michigan was doing arthscopic. Sciatic in two disks relieved all pain. Went to Italy on business a week later and walked all over. I got Bonati info from a friend of the family who went there after several unsuccessful operations and has been well since.

Mar 25th, 2016

I was initially scheduled for two surgeries: both are foremenotonies/possible discectomies at left C6-7, and again at left C7-T1. Yesterday we performed the first, and my results are satisfactory. Besides the usual post-op pain, my initial signs of pain, tingling and numbness are all reduced from 30-50%, depending on location. As for post-op pain, it is far less than my presenting pain, and is easily controlled with Tylenol alone. I have not had to use any narcotics. My clinical signs are more referable to the C7-T1 area, so I am hoping for further resolution after next week's surgery. After that, we'll reassess and see if I need more, as my MRI showed bulging discs all the way from C4 to T1. As for my experience at Bonati, I am thoroughly impressed and 100% satisfied with the friendliness, courtesy and professionalism of every single person there. It has truly been a pleasure finding a staff as caring and helpful as yours. With all your help, I look forward to getting my pain resolved and my back problems behind me very soon. Thank you and everyone else at BSI for all your help.

If you are in need of help, this is where you need to come! show details If you are in need of help, this is where you need to come!
by Sarah R. on Mar 23rd, 2016

Having been through a spinal surgery elsewhere with little success, I found Bonati! First person I met was Paul, and what a welcome he gave us! From there,wonderful people guided me through and during the process. Aftercare was excellent,Having Dr. Bonati as my surgeon was bigger than life! His PA and he together explained and drew out everything to make me understand exactly what would be done! Eric was such a delight! First lumbar surgery behind me and two more to go. Then, we move to the cervical. Am so thankful I found Bonati!!!!!!

Very fine physician show details Very fine physician
by B on Jan 6th, 2016

Dr. Bonati is an amazing physician, with skills unequaled in his field. After innovating this minimally invasive procedure, developing the very instruments by which they are done and then perfecting their use, he has revolutionized how back surgery is done. God bless the man. The results after receiving surgeries in multiple problem areas is 100% positive. I have my life back, I do not take painkillers, and I am not in a wheelchair.

by Jeffrey S.Bolt on Dec 19th, 2015

I have had Lower back pain for about 5 years ,I went to Bonati ,Met with Dr.Grossmith and was evaluated ,Had the surgery ,Now I am almost pain Free. We will see how the longevity goes. Very Satisfied Great Job. Thank-you

Saved my life show details Saved my life
by Tom Berrigan on Aug 9th, 2015

Saved my life

Total Pain Relief and excellent staff show details Total Pain Relief and excellent staff
by Brenda Chandler on Aug 5th, 2015

My experience was excellent. I actually seen Dr Uteg and he was great. My surgery went well and the severe pain is still gone but now issues with my discs have popped up and I am in severe pain again. Getting ready to go see them again.Getting ready to come see them again.

My husband has his life back show details My husband has his life back
by Brenda Graham for Steve Graham on Jul 28th, 2015

Dr. Bonati did surgery on my husband when no one back home would touch him. Everyone told him to "live with it", there's nothing that can be done for you. He fractured his back in 4 places in 2009 and has had lower back pain for longer than that. Today, he is pain free for the first time in 29 years. What they do is revolutionary and exceptional. Would recommend him to anyone and everyone. My husband has his life back, what a wonderful feeling that is!

by Buckeye here on Jul 6th, 2015

I had Dr Scott....he did an awesome job. I could hardly walk before and now I walk like there's no tomorrow I don't have any pain anymore.

May 3rd, 2015

Friendly staff contributing to higher comfort level very professional experience.

APPALLING POLICIES AND GREED BASED!!!!! show details APPALLING POLICIES AND GREED BASED!!!!!
by William Johnson on May 2nd, 2015

Contacted Bonati Spine Institute in 2001 about two herniated discs in the neck, one ruptured and pressing against the spinal chord. After being shuffled from person to person in the office, finally was connected to billing. Was asked about insurance before they would set an appointment for exam and consultation. I had Medicare, Medicaid, and my brother was going to pick up the balance with a self pay method. I was told they didn't accept Medicare, Medicaid, but if I showed up with an $80,000 payment CASH in advance, that Bonati would do the surgery. I thought this appalling and demanded to speak to a supervisor. Was again shuffled around and finally was asked to leave my name and number. A call was never returned. AWFUL treatment. I am NOT dirt!!!

by Tim on Mar 16th, 2015

After 4 professional options 3 months of pain trying to get relief asap from many therapeutic treatments. this was the fastest and best thing i did for my self. I have my life back as I remember it. can't wait to go dancing & Riding horses again.

world-class doctor with top-notch experience. ....jealous, much March 7th?! show details world-class doctor with top-notch experience. ....jealous, much March 7th?!
by patient of Bonati on Mar 7th, 2015

As a patient, I can attest to his surgical expertise. This man is a miracle worker. Everyday taking on the cases other doctors and institutions are afraid to touch... all the while yielding near perfect results. Dr. Bonati, you are a God-send. A blessing not only to our community but to our family, as well. The Bonati Spine Institute and Dr. Bonati's success speaks for itself. Why someone would have such a vile attitude and contempt for a doctor who has helped so many. Sounds suspicious... A competitior, maybe?! Or someone with more than one problem to begin with and didn't finish the surgeries required to resolve the problem. Not interested in any defamatory gossip/ hatred.

by Mary on Feb 18th, 2015

Friendly service, everyone was wonderful. And best of all, MY PAIN WAS GONE.

Dr. Bonati helped my grandmother and an avid fan of his television show show details Dr. Bonati helped my grandmother and an avid fan of his television show
May 13th, 2014

Can't believe some are using this review site to rate Dr. Bonati's TV program. Not only is he ahead of his time and an amazing surgeon he has a dynamic TV personality. He is living proof of the diminishing "American Dream". Kudos to you Dr. Bonati and to your institute. He is right this country and it's healthcare are in a drastic decline. Thank God we have a doctor brave enough to speak out and let us know what is happening so we can try and fix the system. Thank you for being a true American, I applaud you. Keep up the good work.

he is a miracle worker/life saver! show details he is a miracle worker/life saver!
by thankful believer on Feb 15th, 2014

After 2 operations elsewhere, I begged to see this particular surgeon. I heard wonderful things from patients he helped. He saved me from a continued life of unessesary pain, bedrest and heavy PAIN PILLS. A gentle caring staff. I always recommend him to anyone with excruciating backpain

Great visit show details Great visit
Jun 6th, 2012

I had a really good experience with Dr. Bonati. He made me feel at home in his clinic and my surgery went so well I was home that same day. My back is much better and I am already walking with less pain than before.

Bonati as far as negative responses show details Bonati as far as negative responses
Mar 5th, 2012

Doctor Bonati and the Institute are exactly what you need. He is a genius, kind, caring and professional. All those that left bad feedback maybe only doing so because they are competitors trying sway people away because he is so good. All the people I know that has gone to home are more then pleased and I recommend you go here, no question. BEST CHOICE.

Christmas show details Christmas
Dec 22nd, 2011

Christmas came early! Bonati got me in early, so I could be at my daughter's graduation the next day, and got my back feeling much better. I was standing and cheering the next day at she walked across the stage!

Sep 8th, 2011

Perfect doctor and perfect surgery. This man is an expert in his craft. Nothing else to say.

Good show details Good
Aug 23rd, 2011

Had a good time down in Tampa because of Dr.Bonati. It is too bad I am so young getting surgery, but I should be good for a long time. University life was tough with all of the walking on my bad back, but I feel better and am getting back into it.

Aug 10th, 2011

Great doctor, revolutionary surgeon, awesome facilities.

Bonati show details Bonati
Jul 27th, 2011

Bonati is the best doctor I have ever had... only one who cared about my pain enough to fix it... his surgery is unbelievable... done in fifty minutes and you are good to leave half and hour later... great for me as I can't afford to miss a lot of work.

Couldn't be happier show details Couldn't be happier
Jun 13th, 2011

Dr.Bonatii saved me from a lot of pain. His surgery saved me from a bad fusion and for that I am ever thankful. I cannot recommend him enough- his staff is great too! Only had to pay 100$ as well. I am a new man!

Great visit! show details Great visit!
Jun 10th, 2011

I can't really say anything negative about Dr.Bonati. He pioneered a surgery that is being copied all over the globe and he saved me from painful and ineffective spinal fusion. You can tell he has done the surgery thousands and times and the procedure took less than an hour. It was great. I feel great! Thanks Dr.B

Family and Friends show details Family and Friends
Oct 6th, 2010

I went online and researched for a family member that had neck pain and found The Bonati Spine Institute. I was impressed with the years of experience that Dr. Bonati had and also with the credentials of all the surgeons.I told her to check them and and she eventualy had surgery with Dr. Bonati. Her experience and outcome were great. I told my freinds that had both back and neck pain and they eventually had surgery at the clinic and they were successfull also. I get thanked by all of them on a regular basis.

Oct 5th, 2010

My best friends mother had surgery with Dr. Bonati a few years ago which was very successful. She recovered quickly and shes happy with her results. She is now able to travel and received a promotion. I know several people that work at the Institute who say the surgeries help people every day.

Surgery Works show details Surgery Works
Sep 30th, 2010

Unlike many of the reviews that sound like they may be written with the intent to sabotage, I had a pleasant experience with the Bonati Spine Institute. It has been 3 years since my second successfull procedure and I am still pain-free, even after 2 pregnancies!

Sep 26th, 2010

I had surgery at The Bonati Spine Institute and found that the staff members are extremely friendly with a very warm, caring attitude. Initially, the long distance communication with the Scheduling Department was very efficient, providing me with all the information and details needed to educate me as to how my pain could be relieved. Coming here is like coming home. The entire staff made us feel very comfortable. You feel quite at home here from the time you walk into the Institute until you leave, plus the benefit of being pain free when you leave.

Free of back pain show details Free of back pain
Sep 23rd, 2010

My cousin had an auto accident and was out of work for 3 years. Had gone to serveral pain mngt Doctors. After undergoing epidurals and chiropratic treatments she then learned of The Bonati Institute. She no loinger has neck pain , headaches and has a full range of motion. She is now leading an active lifestyle with no complications and was able to return to work within a very short period of time.

My Life Back show details My Life Back
Sep 22nd, 2010

Three years ago due to the type of job I did I experienced a lot of back and neck pain. I had tried all different types of conservative treatments and the relief did not last long. When I was told I needed surgery I did not want to do it. When the pain got so bad I did some research and found The Bonati Institute. I called them and they made me feel comfortable from the first conversation 2 weeks later I scheduled my surgery I had 1 back surgery and also one on my neck performed by Dr Bonati. Thanks to him I got my life back I was able to continue working on what I love doing. Thank you...I highly recommend him.

Back pain finally gone show details Back pain finally gone
by Satisfied patient from Clearwater, FL on Sep 20th, 2010

After other doctors said there was no hope and nothing they could do to get rid of my back pain, Dr. Bonati was able to give me my life back. I should have seen him immediately instead of suffering with pain and wasting time and money on other doctors.

Received excellent treatment at the Bonati Institute show details Received excellent treatment at the Bonati Institute
by Doctor Dean on Mar 12th, 2010

I had 5 lumbar surgeries at the Bonati Institute (because my problem needed to be solved little by little) and I am currently pain free. I was shocked to read all the negative comments, since my experience was totally different. I am very grateful to Dr. Bonati and his staff.

Mark as Helpful  | 11 people found this helpful Report Abuse