Dr. Alfred Bonati MD Patient Reviews

3.8
  • 29 reviews

February 4th, 2017
The Bonati Spine Institute gave me back my life. I had neck surgery almost 20 years ago
I had have Kyphosis of the spinal column; the bones crumble away. My cervical bones were replaced with titanium plates, screens, and screws. I was very lucky I had full motion. After so many years some bones started growing into my spinal cord. I was slowly becoming paralyzed in my arms. I had to stop working, driving , and basically anything I did with my arms and hands I couldn't do. I was on heavy pain medication. Anything that required the use of my arms and hands, I had to have help with including personal hygiene, eating, scratch my back, lifting,... My doctor sent me to a neurologist. He made me worse because he sent me for therapy. I stopped therapy and cancelled my Neuro appointments. I called The Bonati Spine Institute and spoke with them to find out if I was a candidate for laser surgery. I gave the woman all my pertinent information and she told me I would get a call back. Dr. Bonati himself called me back spoke to me and asked me questions about my neck and the problems I was having. He told me that they could probably help me. We made the appointment to have the surgery. The staff and doctors were absolutely phenomenal. They made us feel relaxed and welcomed, they all cared, they and they took their time, they rush us when we had questions and were articulate in answers and making sure we knew and understood everything that they were going to do. From the MRI I was told I would need 3 surgeries. After the first surgery I was up and about and feeling fantastic. I ate dinner by myself with no problems. After the second surgery I was still doing great. The doctors decided to wait on the third surgery, give my body some time. During that month at home I was able to stop taking all pain medications. I stopped seeing my pain management doctor and the neuropathy in my hands even stopped. I have my life back. I pretty much can do everything I did before I started having problems. I would recommend the Bonati Spine Institute to anyone who needs laser surgery. I would also check with them first and not the regular Neuro surgeon. The surgeries are so totally different. I say thank you to the doctors and staff of the Bonati Spine Institute for giving me back my life. Thank you.

August 19th, 2016
Best Care
I would like to recommend and commend all the fine Professionals at The Bonati Institute who gave me the BEST care for my lumbar surgical procedures this last week. I knew I was in good hands with all the nurses, Elaine, Sandy, Laura and more, Surgeons - Dr. Lis Planells, Dr. Bonati, Pryor in Surgery center and so many more people not being mentioned all made my experience so positive. In the future if I need more care I know I will come back to the Bonati Institute without a doubt. Thank you all so much as I appreciate all you assistance and kindness!

July 18th, 2016
Best Alternative
2009 ... I have D.I.S.H. arthritis .. had procedures between 3-4, 4-5, and 5-6 .. both sides. I was in terrible pain, even with pain medication. Basically pain free when I left the institute. Other than reduced neck mobility, from the arthritis, I am at 95% normal life. One negative after 7 years, I am starting to have a little nerve pressure at one of the locations. From the beginning, I was informed that this may occur and a little touch up may be needed. I will go back and have it worked on. I do not take spine surgery lightly, I feel that this is the best alternative for my situation. My other local option is major surgery through the front of my neck ..... for a lightly pinched nerve?

May 11th, 2016
World class outfit
This has been the best experience in any type of medical settings that I have ever had. All the doctors, nurses and staff have been extremely knowledgable, compassionate, caring and loving. I would recommend the Bonati Institue to anyone and everyone that has neck and or back issues.

May 5th, 2016
Surgeries neck both sides
This is the best clinic I have been to !!! And I have been to quite a few ! Very knowledgeable, courteous, very clean, friendly, on time and respectful I cannot complain about anything!! A+++

April 25th, 2016
Bonati surgery was excellent
I went down to Hudson , FL because no one else in Michigan was doing arthscopic. Sciatic in two disks relieved all pain. Went to Italy on business a week later and walked all over. I got Bonati info from a friend of the family who went there after several unsuccessful operations and has been well since.

July 28th, 2015
My husband has his life back
Dr. Bonati did surgery on my husband when no one back home would touch him. Everyone told him to "live with it", there's nothing that can be done for you. He fractured his back in 4 places in 2009 and has had lower back pain for longer than that. Today, he is pain free for the first time in 29 years. What they do is revolutionary and exceptional. Would recommend him to anyone and everyone. My husband has his life back, what a wonderful feeling that is!

July 6th, 2015
I had Dr Scott....he did an awesome job. I could hardly walk before and now I walk like there's no tomorrow I don't have any pain anymore.

May 3rd, 2015
Friendly staff contributing to higher comfort level very professional experience.

February 18th, 2015
Friendly service, everyone was wonderful. And best of all, MY PAIN WAS GONE.

May 13th, 2014
Dr. Bonati helped my grandmother and an avid fan of his television show
Can't believe some are using this review site to rate Dr. Bonati's TV program. Not only is he ahead of his time and an amazing surgeon he has a dynamic TV personality. He is living proof of the diminishing "American Dream". Kudos to you Dr. Bonati and to your institute. He is right this country and it's healthcare are in a drastic decline. Thank God we have a doctor brave enough to speak out and let us know what is happening so we can try and fix the system. Thank you for being a true American, I applaud you. Keep up the good work.

February 15th, 2014
he is a miracle worker/life saver!
After 2 operations elsewhere, I begged to see this particular surgeon. I heard wonderful things from patients he helped. He saved me from a continued life of unessesary pain, bedrest and heavy PAIN PILLS. A gentle caring staff. I always recommend him to anyone with excruciating backpain