Family Practice

Capital Medical Clinic
6437 Fair Oaks Blvd
Carmichael, CA 95608
(916) 489-3641
Locations and availability (1)

|  Very Knowledgeable and Caring  |  show details
by Sam Reich on Aug 9th, 2013

Followed up appointment with phone calls. Actually cared about condition. Demonstrated thorough knowledge of treatment. I finally found a good doctor since moving to Sacramento

|  Best MD you can find!  |  show details
by Brooke P. on Jun 12th, 2013

Dr. Alex Pessaran has been my primary physician (and my family's) since he moved to Sacramento. He is exceptionally patient and knowledgeable, and I cannot recommend him highly enough. Brooke P.

|  Doctor  |  show details
by Liz on Feb 3rd, 2013

I am a physician. He has many physicians as patient. To me he is more than a doctor. He is a healer. He loves his job. He is going to change medicine as you know it. Move amazing man and a doctor i came across. I have to wait to see him but he worth it.

|  finally found a good doctor!  |  show details
Nov 2nd, 2012

I needed a new doctor since changing insurance and found Dr. Pessaran. I was not looking forward to the whole process of being a new patient but did it anyway. I found him to have tons of questions and he really listened to my answers. I was diagnosed with diabetes 10 years ago and he was the first doctor that said "we will work together to get it under control" I was so surprised. Now 6 months later my diabetes is under control. I am totally happy with this doctor and highly recommend him!

|  Caring, courteous, knowledgeable and down-to-earth  |  show details
Aug 12th, 2012

Although the staff isn't very professional and the wait takes a while, dr Pessaran is very caring, knowledgeable and charismatic. He doesn't make you feel rushed, and follows up with phone calls frequently. Although he is only a family physician, he is so knowledgeable in several aspects of medicine and diagnosed my disease (after 2other doctors told me not to worry about it).He's very reputable as well, and 2 other doctors I've spoken with recommended him,Definitely reccomend

|  Every appointment was worse that the last  |  show details
Jul 31st, 2012

This dr first gave me a shot in the butt, which I later found out could give nerve damage. I could overlook that as I have gotten plenty of shots in the butt. Next he told me not to take vitamins, that they were bad for you. Kind of an odd suggestion, but okay. one of the worst was when i went for what could have been anything from kidney stones to a yeast infection. after an hour of waiting he ran in, looked at my urine sample, said "well your white blood cells are high, but i don't think it's a UTI. Take this, if in 2 days it doesn't work, take this other medicine." and left. didn't check my kidneys, didn't check my lady area. another ridiculous example is when i needed vaccinations. i was told they were 3 shots 3 weeks apart. i got my first, then my second. when it was time for my third they said "oh no. you're doing a different vaccine, it should have been only two shots 6 months apart. come back in a few months." So I essentially wasted my time for two worthless appointments and got pricked for no reason. Icing on the cake, the last time, the nurse didn't even disinfect the area before aggressively shoving the needle in my arm. Never, ever again.

|  TERRIBLE!!!!!!!  |  show details
May 23rd, 2012

I HAVE NEVER BEEN IN SUCH A DISORGANIZED CLINIC AS THIS ONE. NOBODY KNOWS WHATS GOING ON. THE OFFICE STAFF ARE RUDE, THEY ARE LOUD WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, AND THE DOCTOR IS WORSE, HE IS TOTALLY UNPROFESSIONAL, HE DIDNT LISTEN TO MY HEART OR LUNGS, I WAITED IN THE LOBBY FOR ALMOST AN HOUR BEFORE BEING CALLED IN AND WAS LEFT IN THE ROOM FOR ANOTHER 20 MINUTES FOR A 5 MINUTE VISIT. I TOLD HIM I HAD A PROSTATE PROBLEM AND HE DIDNT CARE ENOUGH TO CHECK IT, IVE BEEN COMING TO HIM FOR 2 YEARS NOW AND EVERY VISIT IS GETTING WORSE. I HAVE INSURANCE BUT HE WANTS ME TO PAY CASH FOR MY VISITS...ALL HE CARES ABOUT IS MONEY.

|  Wonderful Doctor as well as human being  |  show details
May 2nd, 2012

I love the fact that he uses minimal medication. He listens and shows he cares. He doesn't cover up your symptoms. Possibly my favorite doctor ever!

|  OLD TIME CHARM  |  show details
Mar 28th, 2012

GREAT DOCTOR WITH MUCH KNOWLEDGE. THIS DR. MAKES A PERSON FEEL COMFORTABLE AND TREATS A PERSON LIKE PART OF HIS FAMILY.

|  He's a great caring doctor  |  show details
by Happy Patient on Oct 7th, 2011

I like this Doctor, for he is caring, understanding, and helpful. He is also a great family doctor working with children. He's not one of those grumpy quiet doctors, he likes to engage himself about his family and yours.

Jun 22nd, 2011

Dr. Pessaran, has been most helpful during a time of greatdifficulty for me. I would highly recommend him as a primary care physician.

Dec 11th, 2010

Dr. Pessaran has been my PCP for 3 years, over these years he has gotten progessively less caring, spends less time and just does not seem to want to be there. In those 3 years he nor his assisants listened to my heart or lungs. He hires students as assistants for blood pressure, shots, etc. so you are always seeing new faces. His office is now packed with patients so the wait is very long. Any tests done are followed up by me, I have never got a phone call from anyone in his office.

|  Values  |  show details
Nov 3rd, 2009

Dr Pessaran cares a lot about his patients. He called me personally with my test results and he is available by his cel phone to all patients 24 hours a day! He is extremely knowledgeable and he has a wonderful holistic approach and doesn't just care about covering up symptoms but instead treats problems.

|  BEST DR. EVER!  |  show details
by A. Martin on Aug 7th, 2009

I have been a patient of Dr. P's for about a year now. He listens, he's caring, he talks to you like a person, he takes his time. If it were not for his patience and understanding I would still be suffering with depression, insomnia and back pain. All of which have been addressed the use minimal medication. It has been a journey, and he has helped the quality of my life.

by Audra G. Wake on Jul 6th, 2009

I'm always suprised and shocked about how much time (a lot) Dr. Pessaran actually spends with me. I almost feel guilty about leaving other patients waiting but they always seem to have a good attitude so I presume they are getting quality time too.

|  Gentle, soft-spoken, extremely down to earth  |  show details
by Fran Miranda on Jun 2nd, 2009

This is one of the most pleasant, courteous gentlemen I have ever encountered. He lacks the "God Complex" so many doctors have and is a very good listener. His manner is sincere and unrushed.

|  OUTSTANDING!!!!!  |  show details
Dec 19th, 2008

DR. PESSARAN IS OUTSTANDING, HIS STAFF IS WONDERFUL, I WOULD DEFINETLY RECOMMEND THIS OFFICE TO OTHERS!

|  Excellent understanding of patient needs. Outstanding experience and knowledge of several specialties.  |  show details
by Fred Alexander on Oct 31st, 2008

Dr. Pessaran is brilliant in the field of general medicine and other several medical specialties. He is a very humble man who makes the patient feel very comfortable enabling the patient to open and share everything that he or she would like to discus. He spends as much time as the patient needs to explain his or her medical condition and concerns and as much time he needs to carefully make an accurate and precise diagnosis and treatment plan. He is a wonderful listener. He is detail oriented. He invites (and never imposes) the patient to work with the healing plan he suggests in the most effective and efficient manner based on his careful and intelligent assessment of the symptoms and a comprehensive study of the patient medical condition.

|  the best doctor I ever had  |  show details
Aug 13th, 2008

there is no match for his abilities