Dr. Allan Perel MD Patient Reviews

2.9
  • 21 reviews

October 8th, 2016
So so
Been to him before but always seems to be in a rush. Assistants do most of the work, I went to him because I couldn't get in to see the Dr I wanted to. I probably will mother continue with him.

April 8th, 2016
No TLC from Dr. Perel
Doctor Alan Perel needs to value his patients and stop being rude and extremely direct with them. He would have been a great criminal trial lawyer. He needs to relax and listen to his patients because his rude behavior causes stress for his staff and patients. I've been to great doctors that show compassion for their staff and patients. Doctor Perel needs to change his ways or people will stop going to him. He is not the only Neurologist on Staten Island. I hope he reads these comments and understands our frustration!!!

September 12th, 2015
I only wish I could have rated Dr Perel with NO STAR. This man needs a doctor!! He is RUDE, INSULTING, AND DOES NOT CARE. He thinks he is above having manners. You don't see him,his PA does the work he makes a quick appearance and if you don't talk fast enough he walks out on you as you are speaking. I have NEVER encountered anyone especially a doctor with no manners at all. Who does he thinks he is? Dirty office, a parking lot that is not paved, he could care less about his patients. Do not attempt to go to this doctor. Patients complaining about him in the waiting room. His staff kept telling me --they were so sorry for the rude way in which we were treated. They say they hear it all the time. I told all of them get out and run awayl. He is a madman. There is a problem with him. I think he should seek help fast. I am still shaking from this visit!!!!!!!!!

August 14th, 2015
Everyone at this office is super friendly and pleasant and you never have to wait that long to be called in. However, I was surprised upon my second visit that I never even met with the doctor, just assistants. (Who were great but when I made an appointment to see Dr.Perel I expected to see Dr.Perel). Nontheless they were helpful enough for me.

February 26th, 2015
Professional
I give this individual Doctor zero stars. This man told me I have MS without even an MRI. I did not have MS. I was diagnosed in the hospital in which I went my own. I was diagnosed with transverse myelitis and treated. I refuse to see this individual. He is about quantity not quality.

February 26th, 2015
Money makers
They are great for testing and collecting insurance money. No diagnosis.

July 8th, 2013
worst "DR" I have ever seen in my life
I give this man zero stars because he is a RUDE ARROGANT Human Being. I searched for a DR who could help me with my "unexplained" variety of symptoms including numbness in my limbs and dizziness-since nothing showed on my MRI, he arrogantly and very demeaning, told me it was all in my head and that I needed a psychiatrist as he outright laughed!! Well guess what I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease and I am NOT crazy!! This man should not be in practice!!! DISCUSTING HUMAN>>>>

February 8th, 2013
If it was up to me I wouldn't even give one star, but something is required on this sight. this so called doctor is unreliable, unprofessional and so is his staff. a test that i should have had done was never ordered even after i continually reminded the staff. the "doctor" threatened me alone in his office and told me he would not back up my case and suggested i see another doctor. He must have been a mind reader cause I was going to tell him the same anyway. when I saw a new doctor it turns out the test that was supposed to be ordered by perel was ordered by my new doctor the moment i walked in. she was livid. she knew just from talking to me that i was having seizures and the test results showed that. If you want to be healthy and overcome your illness...I would not even step into this persons office. He disgusts me as a human being and especially a doctor.

September 1st, 2012
Never Again
I have spent the past 4 months dealing with Dr. Perel's office and will not return. Almost all appointments are handled by Physician's Assistants - not by Dr. Perel.In my 6 visits to the office, I saw Dr. Perel twice. In my last appointment - which I believe he only came in because I told them it was my last appointment and I would not be coming back - he tells me that he disagrees with everything his AP's have said to me and that I should be talking to a surgeon. AFTER FOUR MONTHS OF APPOINTMENTS! Additionally, the office staff seems overwhelmed and never do any follow through. Messages are not returned. Files get misplaced. Paperwork that needed to be faxed from their office was never sent, etc. I would never go back to this office.

August 30th, 2012
new pt
My first visit with Dr.Perel was a very pleasant he was very caring and his bedside manor and questioning was complete.As for his staff they were very helpful and pleasant.The office on a whole ran on schedule. This is something that you dont see very often usually you wait 30 mins or more even if you get there early or on time .......kudos to all!!!!!

August 19th, 2012
Had script to see neurologist and other doctors because of the severity of my symptoms. The doctor didn't even look at test results that were previously faxed over and/or given to him. I never completed the paperwork before seeing the doctor, and he didn't ask for any or ask symptoms. Also was told to see PA before doctor even though already assessed by primary to see neurologist.The doctor was very abrupt and seemed uncaring and annoyed by the fact that my primary ordered tests and suggested seeing other specialists to narrow down cause for symptoms.

July 25th, 2012
I don't know why he's a doctor
He is nothing but rude and arrogant. I was never treated so rudely in my life. He yelled at me when I asked him questions! Are you kidding? It's my body! I have a right to find out what can be done to help me! I truly don't understand how he's still in practice. I wouldn't send my worst enemy to him!