Dr. Allan Perel Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Allan Perel?

March 5th, 2017

stay away!!!

hundred people for SAME TIME appointment in 10x10 room.

March 2nd, 2017

Changed medication "because it's newer"

Wanted to change my medication from a $25/mo rx to a $750/mo rx. Only reason offered was "because it's newer". Felt like I was being blown off when I asked questions. On a positive note, the wait time is not bad.

October 8th, 2016

So so

Been to him before but always seems to be in a rush. Assistants do most of the work, I went to him because I couldn't get in to see the Dr I wanted to. I probably will mother continue with him.

April 8th, 2016

No TLC from Dr. Perel

Doctor Alan Perel needs to value his patients and stop being rude and extremely direct with them. He would have been a great criminal trial lawyer. He needs to relax and listen to his patients because his rude behavior causes stress for his staff and patients. I've been to great doctors that show compassion for their staff and patients. Doctor Perel needs to change his ways or people will stop going to him. He is not the only Neurologist on Staten Island. I hope he reads these comments and understands our frustration!!!

February 8th, 2016

mom's caregiverthe first time I visited dr. perel by recommendation it seems I only had to wait a few minutes and a couple of times after that appointment seem to be pretty much the point the first time I met with him he spoke to me in a very juvenile way as I brought my 80 year old mother to talk to him about her memory loss I did not want to speak to him in front of her because she was sharp enough to know something wasn't right about her but he seemed to disrespect my wishes and talk in front of her and told her that her memory was very poor so despite his comments he went against my wishes with your clothes mom was not happy about what the response was but we will have to face the truth the second time we got the results he still spoke to me in a very juvenile manner since then all we ever see all the multiple players who don't know Mom who don't know the case and they seem to be more concerned about the next patient that going to see then they won that then the one they are seeing they allocate barely 30 minutes and like the other reviews this rudeness you have to speak fast I think maybe if you have MS there might be some type of empathy and maybe they spend more time but I've yet to find someone that is satisfied dealing with dementia / Alzheimers dealing with Dr perel. the other reviews were correct the staff sometimes is a little rude because they are very understaffed and they are pressured and is a lot of tension when you're making appointment because it seems like they're all under the gun because the whole thing is a factory to see how many PC patients we can get in and out in a day I'm sorry I didn't look him up before but never again.

September 12th, 2015

I only wish I could have rated Dr Perel with NO STAR. This man needs a doctor!! He is RUDE, INSULTING, AND DOES NOT CARE. He thinks he is above having manners. You don't see him,his PA does the work he makes a quick appearance and if you don't talk fast enough he walks out on you as you are speaking. I have NEVER encountered anyone especially a doctor with no manners at all. Who does he thinks he is? Dirty office, a parking lot that is not paved, he could care less about his patients. Do not attempt to go to this doctor. Patients complaining about him in the waiting room. His staff kept telling me --they were so sorry for the rude way in which we were treated. They say they hear it all the time. I told all of them get out and run awayl. He is a madman. There is a problem with him. I think he should seek help fast. I am still shaking from this visit!!!!!!!!!

August 14th, 2015

Everyone at this office is super friendly and pleasant and you never have to wait that long to be called in. However, I was surprised upon my second visit that I never even met with the doctor, just assistants. (Who were great but when I made an appointment to see Dr.Perel I expected to see Dr.Perel). Nontheless they were helpful enough for me.

February 26th, 2015

Professional

I give this individual Doctor zero stars. This man told me I have MS without even an MRI. I did not have MS. I was diagnosed in the hospital in which I went my own. I was diagnosed with transverse myelitis and treated. I refuse to see this individual. He is about quantity not quality.

February 26th, 2015

Money makers

They are great for testing and collecting insurance money. No diagnosis.

July 8th, 2013

worst "DR" I have ever seen in my life

I give this man zero stars because he is a RUDE ARROGANT Human Being. I searched for a DR who could help me with my "unexplained" variety of symptoms including numbness in my limbs and dizziness-since nothing showed on my MRI, he arrogantly and very demeaning, told me it was all in my head and that I needed a psychiatrist as he outright laughed!! Well guess what I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease and I am NOT crazy!! This man should not be in practice!!! DISCUSTING HUMAN>>>>

February 8th, 2013

If it was up to me I wouldn't even give one star, but something is required on this sight. this so called doctor is unreliable, unprofessional and so is his staff. a test that i should have had done was never ordered even after i continually reminded the staff. the "doctor" threatened me alone in his office and told me he would not back up my case and suggested i see another doctor. He must have been a mind reader cause I was going to tell him the same anyway. when I saw a new doctor it turns out the test that was supposed to be ordered by perel was ordered by my new doctor the moment i walked in. she was livid. she knew just from talking to me that i was having seizures and the test results showed that. If you want to be healthy and overcome your illness...I would not even step into this persons office. He disgusts me as a human being and especially a doctor.

September 1st, 2012

Never Again

I have spent the past 4 months dealing with Dr. Perel's office and will not return. Almost all appointments are handled by Physician's Assistants - not by Dr. Perel.In my 6 visits to the office, I saw Dr. Perel twice. In my last appointment - which I believe he only came in because I told them it was my last appointment and I would not be coming back - he tells me that he disagrees with everything his AP's have said to me and that I should be talking to a surgeon. AFTER FOUR MONTHS OF APPOINTMENTS! Additionally, the office staff seems overwhelmed and never do any follow through. Messages are not returned. Files get misplaced. Paperwork that needed to be faxed from their office was never sent, etc. I would never go back to this office.