Dr. Allen Flood MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 24th, 2015
An awesome service. The doctors are so helpful and kind. They helped me with my skin

July 15th, 2015
I've been a patient of Dr. Flood for over 20 years with excellent results and have referred many friends and people in general.

January 14th, 2015
Fist time experience
I don't really know what all the bad reviews are about. The front desk staff was nice I was greeted when I came in with a smile and a wave cause she was on the phone. Another receptionist came up to help get my paper work started. I waited mayb 15 to 20 min in the waiting area. I seen Dr. Floods son which was fine with me. I was probably back there 5 to 7 min buts that's fine he asked some questions and I asked a few. Told me what he was gonna prescribe me and that I can pick it up n an hour and that I will see him in 6 weeks. Yes it was a quick visit but how long do you like to spend in a doctors office anyway?? Hopefully I will have good results with my acne.

March 5th, 2014
Highly Unprofessional Front Desk Staff
Dr. Allen Flood has one of the most unprofessional front desk staffs I have ever encountered. It is shocking the lack of respect his staff has for the patients. It is not uncommon for patients to have to wait 30 to 45 minutes. Not once has the front desk staff apologized and acknowledged long wait times. Additionally, another doctor in the practice informed me that long wait times were just a fact of life in doctor offices across the United States. That simply is not true. I would forgive his horrible staff if I felt Dr. Flood was an exceptional doctor, but there are far better dermatologists in the D.C. region that give good care and also respect their patients.

November 30th, 2012
good anything/anyone are hard to find. once you do find it people tend to find SOMETHING to complain about. GOOD MAN!!! BEST DERMATOLOGIST I HAVE COME ACROSS IN A REALLY LONG TIME.

November 26th, 2012
Luv Dr. Flood!!!!
I think you people have it all wrong! Dr. Flood is very busy, who cares if he moves fast or his staff is rude??? He takes care of business and gives accurate diagonoses. He will get your eckzema skin cleared up, your alopecia hair to grow back etc. This doctor is top flight and you all should remember that you are there to see the doctor and not make a social call to any one. As long as he fixes my problem then I am fine. I care less about how he and the staff act. I have been to hundreds of doctors and none of them fixed my problem. This doctor Flood did!!!

July 24th, 2012
Find a better doctor
Dr. Flood, I hope you read this.There are many reasons I will no longer be a patient of your practice. Here are a few highlights:1. You are rude. The manner in which you spoke to me during my office visits was plain rude. You were condescending, you talked over me, you rushed me, and you poo-poohed my concerns. One example: You used "medi-speak" and blanched when I needed clarification. I'm an attorney. If you came to me as a client, I wouldn't look down on you for not knowing the terms of art of my profession - I would consider it my job to explain them to you. Part of any profession is good customer service. Your manner of interacting with patients would never be tolerated by other populations in the city who are more savvy and know that we can get better bedside manner elsewhere. Shame on you for preying on the disadvantaged and subjecting them to poor treatment.2. You don't listen well. My last visit, I told you I needed to talk with you about my face and my back. We discussed my face and you tried to leave. This happened on both of my prior visits, too. Also, you declared your facial cream a success because I only had one active pimple - I only had one active pimple months ago when I started it, but you don't listen, so you think you've treated something when I actually needed treatment for marking/scars, which did *not* improve under your care, in fact, worsened. You suggested I was having a bad reaction on my neck to a product I didn't even use on my neck! Listening is key.3. You provide incomplete information. You never told me a diagnosis for any of the issues I am facing. You did not tell me which prescriptions to use on which areas of my body, nor did the instructions that came on the medications. You did not tell me to stop any of my existing facial products until I came back to show you burn marks on my skin caused by your products mixing with mine, at which point you rudely said: "You weren't supposed to be using anything else on your face." How was I to know that, Dr. Flood? I brought my products with you to my very first visit and you refused to even look at them. And surely I needed to wash my face with *something* so you should have told me what that substitute product was. You also should have told me whether your products went on freshly washed skin, went on over my moisturizer and sun screen or under. You should have told me what was in the injections you were putting in my scalp. These are very basic pieces of information that any competent doctor should provide to his or her patients. 4. Your treatments don't work and you are not knowledgeable about the side effects. Of 4 conditions I came to see you about, exactly 0 have improved in the 5 months you have been treating me and 1 has worsened and I've developed terrible (but common) side effects that you told me didn't exist. I learned about them through google, thank God.The reviews on your practice say that your office staff is rude and unprofessional. I decided to come to you regardless. What I learned is that they are pleasant and lovely ladies - the rudeness and lack of professionalism come solely from you. Please do us all a favor, turn in your license and stop practicing immediately.

July 2nd, 2011
You are the Bomb
My mom recommended you to me and you are the best dermatologist ever. My eczema was cleared up in two day after seeing you. Keep doing what your doing I'm comming back

June 29th, 2011
Horrible Experience in the Office of Dr. Flood
Dr. Flood's staff is unprofessional and not friendly at all. They need a class in customer service. I have never been in a doctor's office where the staff made me uncomfortable. (They are rude with a capital "R".) I wasn't expecting a song and dance, but maybe a smile and no rude, snappy remarks. I left the office drained, as if I had played a game of tug of war. In reference to Dr. Flood, can you say "no bedside manner." He came into the appointment room, looked at my face (I tried to make conversation), he mumbled, said what prescriptions he would write and walked out. I sat there thinking what just happened in those quick two minutes. I just sat there thinking he was going to come back. He didn't, I walked to the front desk, the receptionist handed me my prescriptions, told me to come back in six weeks and then resumed to talk to the other receptionist.Never again will I go back to this office. I have never in my life experienced such horrible customer service.

June 27th, 2011
28 YEAR PATIENT
When I was 29 years old I went to Dr. Flood for something I had never had, a pimple. I have been to him since then for many other situations and he has always been able to take care of my problem. I have recommended him to many friends and family. My daughter has driven 400 miles on several occassions for his expertise.I have talked to other friends and found out that they are also patients of Dr. Flood.I am now 57 years old and Dr. Flood has been my only Dermatologist. The wait may be a little long, but there are so many people that want to see him.

June 16th, 2011
QUICK BUT EFFICIENT
DR FLOOD IS A PROFESSIONAL, AND VERY KNOWLEDGABLE DOCTOR. HE CAN DIAGNOSE MOST WITHIN MINUTES OF A VISIT. I TRUST HIS DIAGNOSIS DUE TO SEVERAL PREVIOUS VISITS OVER THE LAST 30 YEARS. MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS AGREE WITH ME THAT NO OTHER DERMATOLOGIST CAN EVEN COMPARE TO DR FLOOD.