Neurologists, Sleep Medicine Specialist
300 Ucla Medical Plz
Suite B200
Los Angeles, CA 90095
310-794-1195
Locations and availability (3)

• Currently 3.6206896551724 of 4 stars
  • Currently 3.5862068965517 of 4 stars
Apr 8th, 2014

Worst doctor ever

|  Helpful Staff  |  show details
Feb 14th, 2013

Very friendly nurses. Had to wait since December for a visit, which I was upset about. The visit however was very helpful as he was able to put the puzzle together.

Nov 13th, 2012

I was not happy about waiting for the visit for about 7 weeks. Once i got to meet him, I was finally bale to get treatment for my REM behavior disorder and now I sleep better at night. Excellent support staff.

|  Like talking to a machine/pharmacy couldn't reach  |  show details
Oct 29th, 2012

I waited 5 months for my appointment with Dr. Avidan. It was like talking to a computer - he has a cold, unemotional manner and he kept quoting me the book. If a treatment hasn't been approved by the medical community at large (i.e., the insurance industry) it doesn't exist as far as Avidan is concerned. My old sleep doctor, who is sadly retired, was up on the latest research and willing to try new things, not to mention that I always felt like he cared. Dr. Avidan tried to refer me to a sleep behaviorist, even though I told I'd tried such and it hadn't worked in the past and that cost was an issue since my sleep problems had interfered with my ability to work. To make matters worse, my pharmacy couldn't reach his office after several tries to refill my prescriptions, and his office was beyond slow to return calls. I finally gave up and got my rheumatologist to write me a prescription instead. The final insult was when I called billing because they kept billing me for my copay even though it had been paid and I had the bank confirmation info. Now they've put me in collection even though the bill has been paid. If you need stress to make your sleep problem worse, this is the place to go.

Oct 23rd, 2012

Pleasant and professional front office staff. Commute from Santa Barbara was a torture.

May 19th, 2012

The office was generous and very helpful in accommodating us for a visit. The visit was very helpful and he was able to offer some very useful alternatives therapies. Very knowledgeable and pleasant.

|  Excellent doctor, followed up promptly with me when needed  |  show details
Apr 12th, 2012

He was always very nice and took enough time to explain everything to me. He is responding within a few minutes to my emails and adjusts the doses of the medication based on my symptoms regularly. I would definitely recommend him as a doctor.

|  Regarding his staff  |  show details
Feb 3rd, 2012

I waited over 3 months for an appointment including tons of pre auth hoops and calling to see if there were cancellations. The Thursday before the appointment his staff person Blanca called to say they no longer took Blue Shield PPO and either we had to go out of pocket with a 30 percent discount if paid in 30 days, or cancel all together by noon the following day since the appointment was Monday. I asked why this was the first we were hearing of this with that kind of notice and she said BCBS should have notified us. I asked her how they would have known to notify us if we had never gotten in for the initial consultation and been billed by that doctor and she just repeated herself with no actual explanation. The consult rage is anywhere from $350 to $695 and follow up appointments from $195-$395 so we had to cancel. It is completely irresponsible the way this was handled and I am still waiting for a call back from her supervisor

Oct 9th, 2011

Excellent clinical care and expertise. Friendly staff and outstanding overall impression

May 7th, 2011

Excellent bedside manners. We were promptly seen as soon as we arrived. Had innovative ideas about issues that we thought had no new options

Mar 7th, 2011

Very caring office staff and wonderful clinic overall. Took months or arrange the visit.

Feb 18th, 2011

We had an appointment scheduled with Dr. Avidan for over 6 months and the drive was over 3 hours from Loma Linda. Despite these hurdles, this visit was well worth the wait to get some answers that some of our other physicians could not answer. He is a bit hard to get a follow up visit though.

Oct 7th, 2010

Very difficult to get an appointment with the UCLA neurology clinic in general. Getting a timely appointment with his was frustrating but worth the wait!

Aug 13th, 2010

Me and my wife traveled to see this doctor from Hawaii. We had a sleep study which our doctors at home read as normal. The UCLA sleep doctor found the problem and we are very satisfied

Jul 6th, 2010

We were very impressed with him and the trip from Yuma was well with it! Unfortunately, our sleep doctors took a long time to obtain this referral and we wished it was done sooner.

Jun 14th, 2010

Excellent staff and outstanding consultation. We just wished the waiting time to see him was faster. We waited nearly seven months for an appointment.

Apr 27th, 2010

Spent about an hour with us educating my husband about Rem behavior disorder. Very pleasant, knowledgeable and personable.

Apr 13th, 2010

Took us 4 months to see him.

Dec 11th, 2009

He is truly an authority in sleep medicine. WELL WORTH THE 4 MONTH WAIT TIME!!!