Gastroenterologist
571 Central Ave
Ste 112
New Providence, NJ 07974
908-522-1313
Locations and availability (5)

|  I feel sad for people who put others down when they are asked to pay for services rendered!  |  show details
by Carol S. on Feb 21st, 2013

In a world of social network and electronic media, where information travels at the speed of lightening, unfortunately malicious people have decided to use this venue to ventilate their anger and put people down. I have been a patient of Dr. Khan for the past 9 years. My entire family and extended family are patients of this wonderful doctor. She is caring, compassionate, hard working, and brilliant. Eight people in my family cannot be wrong! She is the only physician we know who actually has her staff look into each patient's health insurance benefits, coinsurances and deductibles. Her office staff then provides this information to the patient. It is actually the responsibility of the patient to know their insurance benefits. Every single test result is relayed either through a letter or a call from the office. The fact that we live in America, I resent comments from people about accents! Especially from people who cannot spell! Furthermore, to hold any physician responsible for the shortcomings of your health insurance only reflects poorly on you. I work at a large Family Practice office. I see my doctors work very hard. But I also see how patients who claim to love their doctor turn to put them down as soon as they receive a bill that their insurance won't cover. I decided to write and defend my doctor, because I know that she is the best! She is everything that you want in a doctor! She makes each and every patient feel that they are special. Results are given each time a test is done. She takes the time to sit down and answer all questions even on her busiest days. I feel very luck to have found an amazing doctor like her for myself and my family! I hope that people stop feeling entitled when dealing with doctors and doctor's offices.

|  Complete waste of time  |  show details
by Robyn O on Feb 18th, 2013

Dr. Khan began her relationship with me by promising that she'd "get to the bottom" of my illness. She was extremely speedy in all of her dealings with me. She spoke quickly and acted quickly. I wondered why I had to wait so long to see her for the amount of time she spent interacting with me. Each time I saw her, she asked me the same questions repeatedly as though she had no knowledge of my previous history or symptoms. I informed her and the staff that I had a high-deductible health plan. This did not stop her from sending me for several extremely expensive tests. On the date of the first major test, I developed an additional problem as a result of the test. This problem was never solved despite several attempts to follow up. Each time a test came back negative for whatever she was looking for, she sent me for another test. She never told me what she was looking for. All of these tests were over a thousand dollars each for me to pay for. Following the final test the doctor ordered, the nurse, who barely speaks English, called me to tell me nothing was found. I asked her what the next step was, and she told me that the doctor didn't have one and that no follow up was required. Clearly, Dr. Khan had given up on me. Six months following my last interaction with the office, I still had not received a bill from this office. I had already been billed by the surgicenters and hospitals, and thought it was about time I see the damage from the doctor personally. I called and spoke with the staff to find out my balance so that I could pay. The staff member took three days to return my call and gave me an amount that was due. A month later I got a bill from the billing service reflecting a balance that was significantly higher than what I was told. When I called to inquire, the office staff told me that it's not her job, and she can't answer why I'm getting a bill when I have already paid in full. I informed her that I am a member of the healthcare community and that I would be negatively reviewing the doctor and staff. She told me I'd receive a call from the office manager. I'm still waiting on a call back. Their response will not change my opinion of this provider or her staff. This doctor put me in a horrible financial position, and put me through unnecessary testing which caused even more problems. She presents as a perfectly nice doctor. Her unhelpful staff is a perfect complement to the level of care I received from her.

|  I trust her completely.  |  show details
Sep 19th, 2012

Dr. Amber Khan has an office in Kenilworth and New Providence NJ. She is affiliated with Overlook Medical Center in Summit NJ. She is very personable and has a great bedside manner. She takes time with you and answers your questions adequately, without losing her cool. And she really is cool!!! You'll love her! :)Kathy L.

|  Best Doctor!  |  show details
Jun 3rd, 2012

She is sweet, kind, caring and everything you want in a doctor!

|  show details
Jul 20th, 2011

I THINK DR KHAN IS WONDERFUL...ALWAYS HELPFUL SPENDS ENOUGH TIME AND TAKES THE FEAR OUT OF THE VISIT.