Dr. Amy Evans Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Amy Evans?

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Amy Evans?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

June 28th, 2013

INATTENTIVE AND CALLOUS

I sought a pediatrician to take care of my newborn daughter’s wellness and preventive care. I expected professionalism and utmost due care from Dr. Evans; however, I was shocked by the inattentiveness of the doctor and the callousness of her staff. I was initially put off by the girls at the front desk who are incredibly rude—they never greet you and act as if you are an inconvenience. I was further horrified by the care of the nurses who were so rough while administering immunization shots to my newborn daughter that she was left with bruise spots for weeks. My last straw with this office occurred during my last visit. My daughter contracted the flu on a Friday. I scheduled an appointment for the following Monday after it became evident that my daughter's condition was not improving, although she no longer suffered from a high fever. Nonetheless, her cough persisted and she appeared to be in pain. During my visit with Dr. Evans, I tried to calmly and rationally explain to her that my daughter had been feverish, still suffered from pain, would sporadically shiver, and was fussy due to pain. Moreover, I expressed my concern that her chronic cough could potentially develop into bronchitis. After voicing my concerns and observations, the doctor quickly examined her ears and lung, thereafter immediately diagnosing her with the common cold. I tried reinstating my observations and concerns that it appeared to be more serious than a common cold, but any attempts were quashed with the doctor insisting that it was nothing more. Furthermore, I missed work that Monday to care for my daughter. Company policy states that we must submit an FMLA form for missing work due to family related issues (e.g., sickness). I requested the doctor to complete an FMLA form, per company policy. She appeared both hesitant and uncomfortable, while insisting that I would need no such form for the common cold. I tried explaining to her clearly that it was company policy to be eligible for sick pay and to safeguard job security. She just cut me off and stated, “Whatever! Just fax it to me.” She then proceeded to storm out of the room. The doctor only approved my leave for the remainder of the day and I was told that it would be acceptable to return the following day--Tuesday. I was concerned because my daughter still had the chills and a chronic cough. Nonetheless, I followed the doctor's orders since I did not have any other alternatives. I brought my daughter to her sitter and was later reprimanded for bringing a sick child to daycare--I was notified that the sitter had also contracted the flu after caring for my daughter, despite the doctor assuring me that she simply had a "common cold." Dr. Evans obviously does not listen to patients, nor does she or her staff have compassion for children. I have since then changed my daughter's pediatrician and am by far happier with the attention and service I am receiving since my departure.

June 3rd, 2013

Never even got to make an appointment due to the very unhelpful person who took my call

October 27th, 2016