Pediatricians

Clovis Community Medical Center
275 W Herndon Ave
Clovis, CA 93612
559-324-6203
Locations and availability (2)

1.5

|  Teacher  |  show details
Aug 22nd, 2013

I went to Dr. Evans because many friends had recommended her. I went to her for the entire first year of my son's life and wish I had found a different pediatrician much earlier. My son was circumcised in the office by another pediatrician on staff there. After the procedure, it did not look right. When I took my son in to have her look at it she said everything was fine. Well I was relieved at first but still kept feeling like it didn't look right and I had read about penal adhesions. At the next check-up I brought it up again. This time she said yes it looks like he has some pretty bad adhesions. (Nothing had changed from the first time I brought it up) She prescribed a cream to apply that she claimed would solve the problem and said we shouldn't have him cut again. At this point he was still young enough to have it corrected without going under, but she assured us to just use the cream instead. Well a month later at our follow up appointment nothing was better. And this is where it gets bad. We had an appointment just for this specific reason. She walks in the room and examines him and says "oh, it looks like he has some pretty bad adhesions here....I'm going to give you this cream to help with that" I respond with "yes, you've given me that cream already and he has been using it for a month." She then checked her chart and said "Oh, you're right" She said to keep using the cream and come back in another month. Okay....well a month later. THE SAME thing happened. She said the same exact thing I quoted above. I couldn't believe it. THis time I insisted she refer me to a urologist. Ultimately my son had to have surgery to correct the problem. The urologist said the whole thing was preventable. Praise God my son is okay, but there was a lot of worry and a lot of money spent that could have been avoided. Do not go to Dr. Evans, she is nice but I believe she has too many patients and doesn't take the time to give the kind of care you want for your child. I am very trusting of doctors and I gave her the benefit of the doubt but I wish I hadn't. Trust me, go to someone else! Also the staff there is cold and everything just felt so rushed and impersonal so I wouldn't even recommend another doctor in the same facility.

|  INATTENTIVE AND CALLOUS  |  show details
by fed up mom on Jun 28th, 2013

I sought a pediatrician to take care of my newborn daughter’s wellness and preventive care. I expected professionalism and utmost due care from Dr. Evans; however, I was shocked by the inattentiveness of the doctor and the callousness of her staff. I was initially put off by the girls at the front desk who are incredibly rude—they never greet you and act as if you are an inconvenience. I was further horrified by the care of the nurses who were so rough while administering immunization shots to my newborn daughter that she was left with bruise spots for weeks. My last straw with this office occurred during my last visit. My daughter contracted the flu on a Friday. I scheduled an appointment for the following Monday after it became evident that my daughter's condition was not improving, although she no longer suffered from a high fever. Nonetheless, her cough persisted and she appeared to be in pain. During my visit with Dr. Evans, I tried to calmly and rationally explain to her that my daughter had been feverish, still suffered from pain, would sporadically shiver, and was fussy due to pain. Moreover, I expressed my concern that her chronic cough could potentially develop into bronchitis. After voicing my concerns and observations, the doctor quickly examined her ears and lung, thereafter immediately diagnosing her with the common cold. I tried reinstating my observations and concerns that it appeared to be more serious than a common cold, but any attempts were quashed with the doctor insisting that it was nothing more. Furthermore, I missed work that Monday to care for my daughter. Company policy states that we must submit an FMLA form for missing work due to family related issues (e.g., sickness). I requested the doctor to complete an FMLA form, per company policy. She appeared both hesitant and uncomfortable, while insisting that I would need no such form for the common cold. I tried explaining to her clearly that it was company policy to be eligible for sick pay and to safeguard job security. She just cut me off and stated, “Whatever! Just fax it to me.” She then proceeded to storm out of the room. The doctor only approved my leave for the remainder of the day and I was told that it would be acceptable to return the following day--Tuesday. I was concerned because my daughter still had the chills and a chronic cough. Nonetheless, I followed the doctor's orders since I did not have any other alternatives. I brought my daughter to her sitter and was later reprimanded for bringing a sick child to daycare--I was notified that the sitter had also contracted the flu after caring for my daughter, despite the doctor assuring me that she simply had a "common cold." Dr. Evans obviously does not listen to patients, nor does she or her staff have compassion for children. I have since then changed my daughter's pediatrician and am by far happier with the attention and service I am receiving since my departure.

|  show details
Jun 3rd, 2013

Never even got to make an appointment due to the very unhelpful person who took my call