Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile
East Dallas
Carter Bakos & Wright
1311 N Washington Ave
Dallas, TX 75204
214-824-2563
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  great doctor, terrible office  |  show details
Mar 26th, 2014

Dr. Martin has a superb bedside manner, remembers things to ask about (probably written in my chart) and is always congenial and helpful. Her office staff, however, are terrible. It takes three to four months to get an appointment; however, to call and make an appointment would require someone to actually answer the phone - which regularly doesn't happen in this office. In addition, they are not friendly or helpful when you first arrive, asking whether you actually have an appointment (of course, why would I be here otherwise?) and regularly mispronounce your name (because I have been a patient of theirs for over five years!). If only Dr. Martin's lovely bedside manner could rub off on the incompetent and indifferent attitudes of the office staff, this might be a better place to go.

|  Awful experience  |  show details
May 21st, 2013

After waiting two months to finally get an appointment with Dr. Martin, I arrive to the office. I waited for over 20 min and finally the receptionist calls my name to the window. She tells me that they accidentally booked me with a Dr. who does not take my insurance. She then tells me that I can see another Dr. (who is a male) but they do not have any appointments today--and doesn't have any for another week. She was barely apologetic or helpful. The staff in this office is totally incompetent. Don't waste your time coming here.

|  Don't recomend this Doctor.  |  show details
Jul 20th, 2011

I am 7 weeks pregnant and they can have me in only on week 11. I scheduled an appointment 2 weeks ago. I went there and they made me wait over 1 hour to only tell me that the doc. is running late. I am looking for another OBGYN.

Oct 28th, 2010

Dr. Martin is wonderful and I have recommended her to several friends who have the same opinion of her after their visits. I have been with her through three pregnancies and four children. There is no doubt in my mind that it is because of Dr. Martin and a lot of prayer that my twins survived and are healthy!

Apr 8th, 2010

It takes 3-4 months to get an appointment for an annual visit. I have never waited less than an hour once I arrive at the office. Very annoying. I like her as a dr. But, if I could find a comparable dr. that was more prompt, I'd change in a minute.

Mar 5th, 2010

One of the best doctors I have ever been too. I would recommend her to anyone. She is was friendly. She takes adequate time during the visit, I never feel rushed. She also stands by her word... she promised to be at the birth of my son even if not on call and she was. She stayed the night at the hospital, and was there throughout the labor.

|  Excellent!!  |  show details
Aug 18th, 2009

I've been going to Dr Amy Martin for about four years she is absolutely fabulous, she is smart and on top of her medical profession. Before coming to Dr Martin I was going to another high profile Doctor in Dallas and she was more concern about her practice than her patiences. Thanks Dr Martin for being such as great doctor!!