Neurologist (brain, nervous system)
Video profile

3.0

A life of torture show details A life of torture
by Alma on Jul 2nd, 2016

I saw Dr. Brasch many years ago but because of my condition and how this man scarred me for the next 15 years, I felt compelled to write a review more for therapy and self-help reasons. I was young, my late twenties and had been experiencing some of the most horrific and debilitating pain in my head. I would describe them as shocks, like lighting or taser gun shocks to the side of my head. I had been to the ER several times and all they could do was sedate me as no one understood what was causing my pain or happening to me. I had a cat scan, and MRI and still no diagnosis. So of course I was sent to Dr. Brasch. With him asking just a few questions, one of them being my insurance, I told him that I was on medical and that was all it took for him to determine my condition....I was apparently a drug seeker. He looked at me and simply stated "I'm not in the business of providing drugs to drug seekers." I was shocked and then of course mortified as I had never in my life had a doctor talk to me this way. I had no history of drug prescriptions, drug abuse, drug anything but worse, I was suddenly filled with fear as I knew from this point on no one was going to treat me or believe that I was in severe pain. Not knowing what was wrong with me, I believed in my heart that it was possibly an aneurysm and I was going to die and this doctor wrote me off and some type of low life; I left in tears. For the next 15 years I was left to beg ER's and my family physician for help, relief from this agonizing pain, while also believing they all thought I was just trying to get pain meds and no hope of trying to find out the source of my true pain. During finals in college, my pain peaked and left me crippled in agony once again. I stayed in a dark room for a week, heavily sedated with seizure meds from an ER visit with cold towels on my head waiting upon waiting for it to stop. My family doctor finally agreed to send me to another neurologist, Dr. Kuwazu in Chico. After a thorough examination and me begging this new doctor to please help me, I was finally diagnosed correctly. Yes, I have a disease and it’s called Trigeminal Neuralgia, also known as the "suicide disease” because it is well documented to be one of the most painful and crippling diseases known. So much so that many just commit suicide because they cannot take the pain. Even my personal family doctor was shocked when he read the report as he'd been dealing with my pain for years to no avail. I suspect he probably thought I was a drug seeker too. I was prescribed carbamazepine and within minutes of taking this med my TN pain stopped, I couldn’t believe it…OMG! It was all I could do but cry, tears of happiness and tears of anger....yes anger!!! Dr. Brasch, you devastated my life, you of all doctors know exactly what TN does to people and you left me to suffer with this horrible disease for years, along with all the humiliation and judgment pasted onto me because you thought I was poor and beneath you as a human being. Shame on you! I lived with this for years and you were the one who set my torturous pain in motion because of your judgment. Had you taken the time to view me as a person, as a patient desperately needing your help I would have been spared years of painful agony? You will never remember who I am because you discarded me as trash so quickly because I was on medi-cal but just know that I never ever forgot you....so there, this is my review, an F. Safe to say that I think you along with many others who you treated, clearly think you are one of the worst doctors Paradise has ever had. I just wanted you to know.

Dec 21st, 2015

Dr branch is very easy to talk with, most issues addressed

Ms. show details Ms.
by ESM on May 29th, 2015

After I saw this doctor with my relative, I was told that he explained to a different ALS patient that his symptoms were all in his head! Additionally, my GP told me she sends NO ONE to this guy and that I should NEVER return--he told my relative, after seeing her for 10 minutes and without family, that he didn't believe she had dementia!? He's a quack and should've retired DECADES ago!

Jan 19th, 2015

Would not send anyone to him

by Yvonne Bender on Mar 13th, 2014

I've had Dr. Brasch for several years now. He's been treating my MS. He's extreme knowledgeable in prognoses, symptoms, and current medical Technics and drugs. Wonderful Doctor, Awesome staff. I wish all my Dr appointments were as fast and courteous.

Excellent, caring physcian show details Excellent, caring physcian
Aug 18th, 2010

He is a very caring physician. He is a good listener and extremely patient. Wait time was minimal... no more than 10 minutes.

Nov 2nd, 2009

He was very rude and uncaring.. If he was the last neurologist on earth I would never go to him.