Dr. Anthony Hedley MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Phoenix, AZ

• Good
  • Bad

July 19th, 2017
Completely missed a bad hip
Dr. Hedley replaced my knee in 2009. All seemed to go well (other than my knee cap never stayed in place which I attributed to a genetic issue because Dr. Hedley could not figure out the problem). Two years later I was back because my leg was now 3/4 inch shorter than the "good" leg. He x-rayed the knee he operated on and pronounced that it looked great. He sent me on my way with no explanation why the leg was getting shorter. 2013 leg is 1 1/4 inch short so I go to Dr. Jimmy Chow (turns out he works with Dr. Hedley). He listens to my concerns, x-rays the knee and pronounced "all is good". Again no explanation why leg is now more than an inch shorter. Finally in mid-2017 a young general practitioner wants an x-ray of my hip on the "bad" leg side (first time anyone suggested this). Turns out this entire time my hip was slowly moving back and into the pelvis and was now two inches out of place. I am told that this has been going on for so long that it will be very difficult to ever put back there it belongs. I am going to Dr. Gregory Grant to operate on the hip and hope that something can be done, but only time will tell. I was warned that Dr. Hedley did not have great "patient skills", but he was a great ortho surgeon. He did a great job on my knee, but, despite questions about the length of the "bad" leg never suggested x-raying the hip, nor did his partner, Dr. Chow. Given their expertise I am disappointed that they did not take time to diagnose what a young GP did.

August 26th, 2016
Have been seeing Dr. Hedley since1987...he's done 3 surgeries on me. He's the best Ortho MD ever!

July 30th, 2016
Dr. Hedley was fantastic and the only thing I would have asked is that he saw me on the follow up visits instead of his colleagues

July 20th, 2016
Absolute worst experience. 6-months post-surgery (3rd one in a year) and unable to walk without crutches. Lack of ownership, guidance and follow-through astoundingly deficient. Repeatedly denied any wrong-doing despite x-rays showing improper hardware placement. After 5 months, finally admitted to surgical error. Today, I live with significant pain, nerve damage, and cannot functionally straighten nor bend my leg. Incompetence and negligence have had a profoundly negative impact on my life.

February 8th, 2016
Not a good dr

January 22nd, 2016
Highly recommend

December 16th, 2015
Dr Headley did a great job on my hips and was very attentive.

October 11th, 2015
Inane knee replacement still have alot problem

September 27th, 2015
I had a knee replacement in 2010 and I thought with the doctor having so much experience that I was in good hands. Very disappointed in the outcome. My knee is not straight at all and that leg is a half inch short which means you "always" have to wear shoes to make up for the length discrepancy. If I could do it again, I would definitely choose another doctor. Sorry Dr Hedley, this is one time you really messed up.

April 28th, 2015
This guy is good at his craft.
Tremendous knowledge, wisdom and skill. After replacing my hip, no pain from day one.

January 7th, 2015
performed hip replacement. excellent result. would highly recommend dr. Hedley.

October 31st, 2013
Greatest Doc.
After researching Doctors I found Dr. Hedley to perform my left Hip replacement. I had been practically crippled in pain and limped and was on pain pills and a walker. I am a ballet dancer. 8 months after Dr. Heldley's hip replacement I am dancing again and pain free, both legs the identical length. Perfection. That is how I describe Dr. Hedley's skill in hip replacement.