Pediatric / Adolescent Psychiatrist, Psychiatrist

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Find someone else show details Find someone else
Nov 25th, 2013

Dr Shoaib is smart, and seems to know psychiatry reasonably well. He came very highly recommended. Unfortunately that meant a 2 month wait to see him but after the first appointment we thought he was good. Three months later and the truth had well and truly shone through. His greatest failure is that he doesn't retire calls. Trying a new med and its not working? Don't know what to do? Forget asking. He returned one call out of 5. And expect to wait 2 hours every time. And not in a nice waiting room - but rather in something resembling an elementary school, except with scooby doo playing at max volume. Even if there are no kids. And heaven help you if you ask to turn the volume down. And you can't wait outside. My wife actually started taking ear plugs. It's a shame because other than the lack of ethics I not returning calls, I think he's smart and nice. His Office staff are OK, nice on the surface but sort of quick to anger. I hope he fixes these problems because it could be agood practice. But right now I couldn't recommend it less.

Feb 12th, 2010

This Dr... if that is what you want to call him is a joke. My son had a total melt down because of him by over prescrbing his meds. Took him to Tx West Oaks , dt tried to keep him in the hospital longer then we thought. we had to remove our son from the hospital do to the fact he was ok. Shoaib said he would not see our son anymore and refused to fill his meds until we could find anthor dr. This guy could care less about his patients just wants you money. Also, you can never reach him when needed! took at day and a half to find out how our son was.Do not go to this guy.

Please call me back show details Please call me back
by Paula Ortega on Nov 16th, 2009

Dr. Shoaib, I'm concerned about the amount of time you have spent with Jack on each visit. I also am concerned that you have not returned my last call when I told your staff it was urgent. My son is dillusional and not "obsessed" as you told me. His therapist recognizes this. I don't understand why you do not.