A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Balamurali Ambati:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Balamurali Ambati is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Balamurali Ambati, MD, PHD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Chemical Burns
- Corneal Diseases
- Corneal Neovascularization
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- LASIK (Laser In Situ Keratomileusis)
- Macular Degeneration
Education & Awards
Dr. Ambati graduated from New York University - Mount Sinai.
Dr. Ambati has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Primary Children+s Medical Center
- University of Utah Orthopedic Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Ambati accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield - 7 plans
- Unicare - 5 plans
- University Health Care Health Plans - 1 plan
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- SelectHealth - 8 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Balamurali K. Ambati practice?
Dr. Balamurali Ambati practices Ophthalmology, Hospitalist, and Internal Medicine near Augusta, GA.
Additional practice locations include: Salt Lake City, UT.
See Augusta Ophthalmologists, Augusta Hospitalists, and Augusta Internists.