A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Barry Nelms:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Barry Nelms is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Nelms
Rheumatoid Arthritis Patient Education Learn all about RA and various treatments and medications with Vitals rhuematoid arthritis patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Nelms Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Barry Nelms, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Back Injuries
- Back Pain
- Broken Bones (Bone Fractures)
- Bursitis / Adhesive Capsulitis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Head and Neck Disorder
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Nelms graduated from Baylor College of Medicine, Houston. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Nelms has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Foundation Surgical Hospital
- The Methodist Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Barry Allen Nelms MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 34 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Barry A. Nelms practice?
- Dr. Barry Nelms has 1 office location.
Dr. Barry Nelms practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Bellaire, TX.
See Bellaire Surgeons.