A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Barry Nelms:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Barry Nelms is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Nelms
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Patient Education Learn about Carpal Tunnel Syndrome by reading our patient guide overview page.Before Visiting Dr. Nelms Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Barry Nelms, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Back Injuries
- Back Pain
- Broken Bones (Bone Fractures)
- Bursitis / Adhesive Capsulitis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Head and Neck Disorder
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Nelms graduated from Baylor College of Medicine, Houston. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Nelms has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Foundation Surgical Hospital
- The Methodist Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Barry Allen Nelms MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 33 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Barry A. Nelms practice?
- Dr. Barry Nelms has 1 office location.
Dr. Barry Nelms practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Bellaire, TX.
See Bellaire Surgeons.