Dr. Barry Simonson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

August 1st, 2016
Dr. Simonson was very professional, very concerned and seemed very knowledgeable. He is taking in account my fears about surgery when dealing with my knee

June 21st, 2016
He was a little cool, but he was very good with his diagnosis and suggestions.

July 6th, 2015
Life savor
i went to Dr simonson after being told by a previous doctor that my knee pain for a year was caused by knee bruising and sent me to physical therapy. The therapy made the pain even more severe. I went to Dr simonson for a second opinion and i was greeted by a caring staff. When i the doctor came into my exam room he came off as such a caring person with a great sense of humor. He examined my knee and sent me for MRI's the MRI came back clean but this did not stop him he had me come back to his office so he could figure out the problem. He started me with physical therapy because i am an athlete and he didn't want me to have to be pulled from my team. As a final resort he finally decided surgery was the best option. He made room for me on a day he was already booked. While waiting for the surgery i had multiple Emergencies when we called dr simonson he had me come in right away with no wait. He finally went in and discovered i had a large amount of scar tissue and i had a mangled ACL. He cleaned my knee and prescribed me a brace to compete in so i would not have to miss the rest of the season luckily i am back with my team but we have decided an ACL surgery is necessary. Dr. Simonson is probably the only surgeon that is not eager to cut he makes sure there is nothing else that can be done before he opens his patients up.

October 7th, 2013
Arrogant doctor
I saw this doctor last week for a problem with my knee. He is arrogant to the point of ridiculousness. For example when he was examining my knee it was very painful. Not once did he sympathize with my pain, nor say anything to calm me. He than said I need X-Rays and I told him I just had X-Rays last week in the same system NS/LIJ, he said listen you come to me and I need my own. Lastly at one point he asked me a question and I wasn't sure I heard him right so I asked him to repeat it. He turned to my friend who accompanied me and said "and she cannot hear either" is that right? Stay away from this doctor and that is the best advice I can give anyone.

March 30th, 2013
ex-Patient
Very nice guy; if you dont mind waiting 2 hours to be seen. But it took 7 months and 5 visits for him to tell me i needed shoulder surgery; that's 7 months of not working out. When i called to schedule the surgery, i had a couple of questions - ie: how long before full recovery, and how long after surgery would my shoulder be immobilized. He called me back, but instead of answering my questions, he told me to schedule another appointment. Another 2 hours of waiting. Another $140. How about just answering my 2 questions on the phone, and being content with he $12000 for the surgery?

November 19th, 2012
Doctor would not let me ask questions. He simply left the room. He did not give me any follow up advise. He did not respond to a letter I wrote after my appointment. One of the worst experiences of my life.

September 4th, 2012
Dr. Simonson is by far the nicest doctor I have ever visited. He is very professional and courteous and so is the entire staff. Waiting time is longer than I would like but I can certainly see why people wait to see him.

August 17th, 2012
Did my knee replacement 2years ago. Very professional and caring. Good outcome. Very long waits in office however.

July 13th, 2012
Very caring, knowledgeable, great bedside manner. Excellent follow-up care. Would recommend him highly!