Dr. Benjamin Frishberg MD Patient Reviews

• Neurology Carlsbad, CA

3.9

September 28th, 2016
Difficult to reach
I have been an M.S. patient of Dr. Frishberg for a few years. He usually refers me to one of his Physician Assistants. Recently I called with a change of symptoms. I was told a P.A. would call back that day. The following day without a response. i called again. P.A.s were busy with patients, the only way I could reach someone was to leave a phone message. This was 2 hours ago and still nothing! I'm looking into finding another Neurologist. I've seen 3 other Neurologists in this same group.

June 28th, 2016
Dr. Frishberg
Very good doctor. Pleasant to talk with. Listens while typing on iPad....

July 30th, 2014
No thank you
I am shocked at how rude the receptionist was over the phone. Definitely a lack of compassion and I will never go to this doctors office again. The receptionist couldn't help me over the phone so I politely said "okay, never mind. Have a good day" and she hung up on me. Interesting to see how people that work in an office where people need help don't care and lack any sort of compassion.

July 31st, 2013
Journalist
I was absolutely shocked at the lack of communication by this doctor's office - Dr. Frishberg's assistant, Olivia, was curt, rude, incommunicative and there were long long delays after lab tests. I would be told I would receive a phone call with results, and I would have to call 3-4 times to get any information. I would be told to call a week after results, and get no response, most of the time getting a voice mail. This happened several times, while I was seriously ill, more than a year without a clear diagnosis, and these lab results were crucial. The doctor himself was nice enough, a bit arrogant, and he suggested I might just have to live with my level of acute chronic pain, unlike another doctor I was seeing at the same time, who really tried to understand what was happening to me and went out of his way to communicate with me. Dr. Frishberg, on the other hand, did not seem terribly interested in getting to the bottom of my case. But it was the assistant who really made my experience so frustrating and terrible. I would strongly not recommend this practice to anyone. Spare yourself the aggravation, which is the last thing a sick person needs.

December 4th, 2012
Most knowledgable
I have moved around a bit and Dr Frishberg is the 4th neurologists I've seen for my MS condition. This has been a whole new experience. He really understands, what can be understood, the disease. I feel that he is seeing me, and addressing MY needs specific to my case. Very impressed with this doctor.

May 25th, 2012
I would recommend Dr. Frishberg to anyone suffering from headaches.

May 19th, 2012
Not sure
I'm only 18 and I've been suffering from Migraines ever since I was 12. I only saw him for about 1.5 years, then now I see his NP. I'm not very satisfied with the center. All they do is give me more and more medication. I only see the NP for about 5 minutes and she only prescribes me medicine every time.

October 4th, 2011
Likes to pass me off to underlings
At first Dr Frishberg always met with me, but after the first year, always made me meet with his nurses. I am always one to question why I need a lot of very expensive medicine, and he was very uncomfortable with my questions. Generally wanting me to just shut up and pay the $3,000 a month for daily injections. Last time there, I had stopped taking the ridiculously expensive shots and was feeling fine, but his nurse tried to fill me with fear, "I am scared for you. You are going to have a relapse", etc. I was disappointed that he had no suggestions for alternative medicines or other non-exorbitant meds, which he never wants to discuss. I very much felt like he was getting some sort of kick-back for getting me on the copaxone shots which cost $4,500 a year.

March 8th, 2011
Horrible experience
For a doctor who treats patients with MS he is awful- He berated me and treated me with the utmost in contempt- Great, flare up my MS why don't ya doc!Avoid him at all costs.

January 7th, 2011
Caring doctor who is an effective healer with a great sense of humor. When faced with a sudden onset neuro issue, I was sent off to Dr. Frishberg by my primary. Dr. F quickly diagnosed the problem, answered my endless questions and had tests scheduled. Though it was a quick appointment, everything was covered and I never felt rushed or that my concerns were ignored. He knew when to be serious and when to use some gentle pokes of humor. If you need a opto-neuro specialist - he's your guy.

December 14th, 2010
Dr. Frishberg is friendly, caring and easy to talk to. I highly recommend him.

January 28th, 2010
Heart and Knowledge
I was seeing a specialist for my epilepsy but find Dr. Frishberg more mindful and with a superb bedside manner.I trust him even if I don't like everything he has to say. He has a superb background and a stellar CV.There is almost no wait in the office and when I was hospitalized he was there.When I need medication or follow-up his triage staff and the rest of the staff are amazing with their follow through.I am grateful for his expertise and professionalism. Additionally, he has a sense of humor. With that many of the worlds problems could be asuaged.