Neurology
Video profile
North County Neurology Assoc.
3907 Waring Rd
Ste. 2-3
Oceanside, CA 92056
(760) 631-3000
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Kudzu. Yahoo.
 |  Journalist  |  show details
by Sarah K. on Jul 31st, 2013

I was absolutely shocked at the lack of communication by this doctor's office - Dr. Frishberg's assistant, Olivia, was curt, rude, incommunicative and there were long long delays after lab tests. I would be told I would receive a phone call with results, and I would have to call 3-4 times to get any information. I would be told to call a week after results, and get no response, most of the time getting a voice mail. This happened several times, while I was seriously ill, more than a year without a clear diagnosis, and these lab results were crucial. The doctor himself was nice enough, a bit arrogant, and he suggested I might just have to live with my level of acute chronic pain, unlike another doctor I was seeing at the same time, who really tried to understand what was happening to me and went out of his way to communicate with me. Dr. Frishberg, on the other hand, did not seem terribly interested in getting to the bottom of my case. But it was the assistant who really made my experience so frustrating and terrible. I would strongly not recommend this practice to anyone. Spare yourself the aggravation, which is the last thing a sick person needs.

|  Most knowledgable  |  show details
Dec 4th, 2012

I have moved around a bit and Dr Frishberg is the 4th neurologists I've seen for my MS condition. This has been a whole new experience. He really understands, what can be understood, the disease. I feel that he is seeing me, and addressing MY needs specific to my case. Very impressed with this doctor.

May 25th, 2012

I would recommend Dr. Frishberg to anyone suffering from headaches.

|  Not sure  |  show details
May 19th, 2012

I'm only 18 and I've been suffering from Migraines ever since I was 12. I only saw him for about 1.5 years, then now I see his NP. I'm not very satisfied with the center. All they do is give me more and more medication. I only see the NP for about 5 minutes and she only prescribes me medicine every time.

|  Likes to pass me off to underlings  |  show details
Oct 4th, 2011

At first Dr Frishberg always met with me, but after the first year, always made me meet with his nurses. I am always one to question why I need a lot of very expensive medicine, and he was very uncomfortable with my questions. Generally wanting me to just shut up and pay the $3,000 a month for daily injections. Last time there, I had stopped taking the ridiculously expensive shots and was feeling fine, but his nurse tried to fill me with fear, "I am scared for you. You are going to have a relapse", etc. I was disappointed that he had no suggestions for alternative medicines or other non-exorbitant meds, which he never wants to discuss. I very much felt like he was getting some sort of kick-back for getting me on the copaxone shots which cost $4,500 a year.

|  Horrible experience  |  show details
Mar 8th, 2011

For a doctor who treats patients with MS he is awful- He berated me and treated me with the utmost in contempt- Great, flare up my MS why don't ya doc!Avoid him at all costs.

Jan 7th, 2011

Caring doctor who is an effective healer with a great sense of humor. When faced with a sudden onset neuro issue, I was sent off to Dr. Frishberg by my primary. Dr. F quickly diagnosed the problem, answered my endless questions and had tests scheduled. Though it was a quick appointment, everything was covered and I never felt rushed or that my concerns were ignored. He knew when to be serious and when to use some gentle pokes of humor. If you need a opto-neuro specialist - he's your guy.

Dec 14th, 2010

Dr. Frishberg is friendly, caring and easy to talk to. I highly recommend him.

|  Heart and Knowledge  |  show details
by middle age social worker on Jan 28th, 2010

I was seeing a specialist for my epilepsy but find Dr. Frishberg more mindful and with a superb bedside manner.I trust him even if I don't like everything he has to say. He has a superb background and a stellar CV.There is almost no wait in the office and when I was hospitalized he was there.When I need medication or follow-up his triage staff and the rest of the staff are amazing with their follow through.I am grateful for his expertise and professionalism. Additionally, he has a sense of humor. With that many of the worlds problems could be asuaged.

|  Prescriptions, prescriptions, prescriptions  |  show details
by jasminepw on Jul 22nd, 2009

He has no interest in getting down to the root cause of my Migraines, and never thought outside the box. He mostly pushed Botox and medications, and was sometimes late to appointments because of meetings with pharmaceutical reps.When I mentioned my vertigo he said they're associated with my Migraines and left it at that. He never thought I may have a Vestibular disorder like my new Neuro diagnosed.

|  Too busy talking on cell with personal phone calls  |  show details
by kedaso on Jun 20th, 2009 on kudzu.com

This happened MANY times during MY appointments with him--he would talk at length with a personal phone call on his cell phone, DURING your appointment. Sometimes, multiple phone calls. Then he would leave you maybe 5 minutes, talk briefly, then say, "Okay-let's see what else happens, and see you back in 3 months". Does not LISTEN to you. I CHANGED DOCTORS AFTER GOING THROUGH 9 MONTHS OF IT--I got fed up!

Read Full Review at kudzu.com
 |  Exceptionally caring  |  show details
Oct 20th, 2008

I had to see several doctors this year but Dr. Frishberg has been by far the most courteous and professional. He really seemed to understand that it was difficult for me to take time out of my day to see him and really tried to facilitate my getting many tests done ASAP so that we could get right to the issue without a lot of wasted time.

|  Doc- will give you Rx for meds.you are allergic to  |  show details
by blujean on May 18th, 2008 on kudzu.com

Dr. Frishberg, is a doctor who did NOT dot his I's or cross his T's... gave me medication that I am allergic to, and WAS VERY BOTHERED when I called this to his attention. He is personable and takes his time with the patient, but was NOT COMPETENT or pleased with my notifying he faux pased.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com
Nov 14th, 2005 on yahoo.com

Excellent care!: This is an outstanding office with caring, dedicated Dr's at your call 24/7. I have multiple Sclerosis and from diagnosis in Oct of 2004 till current they have treated me have been my saviors throught this devistating disease. I highly re

Read Full Review at yahoo.com