Neurologist (brain, nervous system)
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Best in the country  |  show details
by SMS on Aug 13th, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Ullman by my internist in Santa Monica as "the best" and he definitely is. After a thorough physical exam and carefully listening to my medical history, he arranged two tests and was able to finally arrive at a diagnosis when no one else could. His stellar reputation is well deserved. His kind, measured manner is something that contributes to his exemplary abilities as a diagnostician and caregiver. I feel grateful to have him in the South Bay. When physicans and top hospital administrators see him and send their families to him, you know you're in excellent hands.

|  Dr. Ullman is an Excellent Neurologist & Provides Great Care  |  show details
by David L. Keller, M.D. on Jul 31st, 2013

I am a primary-care physician with Parkinson's disease. I chose Dr. Bernard Ullman to treat me because, after years of sending my patients to every neurologist in this area, I found that he was consistently the best. The complaints listed in the other reviews seem trivial. I choose my specialists based on their excellence in diagnosis and treatment. Being a medical doctor myself, I can state the Dr. Ullman is the best at what he does. He is worth waiting for if necessary, although my waits have been short. Every doctor has problems with office staff who can have bad days like anyone else. Dr. Ullman is an Associate Professor of neurology at UCLA, and the quality of his care meets that standard on a consistent basis.

|  Hard To Believe  |  show details
by Julie A on Jan 24th, 2013

I have been going to Dr Ullman for many years and it is hard to believe the reviews. I am not saying people are lying, but my experience has been very positive. Dr, Ullman is caring and concerned over my medical plight. I see him often and get real insight into what I need to do, change or make better to feel better. He has quite saved my health and continues to do so. Also, my husband and I have no problem with his staff.

|  Save your time, see another doctor  |  show details
Nov 27th, 2012

Each visit, the wait in the office is about an hour. The actual time the doctor spent with me is less than 5 minutes. I switched doctors mainly because of the office staff who was irresponsible, unprofessional and rather rude. She made a mistake scheduling me for the 2013 year instead of 2012 and laughed it off, apologizing after I told her don't bother rescheduling. How could anyone working in a medical office, dealing with usually one patient at a time get the wrong year? I don't trust that office with my medical records at all!

Oct 3rd, 2012

I've been taking my mother to his office for 2 years and the wait is on average an hour (sometimes more) for a quick 5 minute visit with the Dr.

|  Unpleasant staff  |  show details
Jun 27th, 2012

While technically proficient Ullman has a detached manner which is annoying. His staff struck me as cold and abrupt.I will not return.

Mar 14th, 2012

I've been going to this office for 2 years and each time I wait 45 minutes to an hour. I spend less than 5 minutes with the doctor each visit. The office staff is not friendly or helpful and shrugs off complaints about the waiting time.

|  Apple doesn't fall far from the tree  |  show details
Jan 24th, 2012

Dr. Ullman represents all that is wrong with the medical profession. First impressions are important- and his office staff set the tone for one of the most unpleasant experiences I have ever had with a doctor. They are rude, sarcastic, impatient, and Even though they blame their boss for bad behavior, rival his lack of care. I spent less that 10 minutes with him on the first visit, during which he told me I had serious Heath issues and proceeded to scold me For not having a PCP. The second visit, he reversed himself and spent much of the 5 minute visit edging toward the door. He sent a follow- up letter to my new PCP that can only be explained by his confusing me with another patient. The letter was filled with inexplicable inaccuracies. If you value any trust level you have with the medical profession, steer clear of Dr. Ullman and his staff.

|  Inter-Office Conflicts  |  show details
Oct 18th, 2011

Disorganized office. Getting an appointment can be very difficult. After arriving for an appointment, in-office waits can be excessive. Follow-up is VERY poor. The "front" office blames the "back" office and actually badmouths Dr. Ullman. Really.

by Carol Parks on Apr 29th, 2011

Dr. Ullman is phenomenally caring and brilliant in diagnosing neurological issues. I live in Santa Monica, but happily drive to the South Bay to see him. I had been told that he's "the" guy to see and was so pleased with his modesty. He started the highly regarded stroke center at Torrance Memorial and heads up neurology at Little Co. of Mary. He also teaches a highly esteemed fellowship at UCLA. Consider yourself fortunate to be his patient.

|  Worst doctor experience  |  show details
by Adam Krieger on May 1st, 2010

One of the worst experiences I've had with a doctor. My wife was experiencing a migraine headache and had been diagnosed with symptoms of CFS and Fibromyalgia. Dr. Ullman was immediately combative with my wife who was in a lot of pain at the time and was quite rude to both of us. It really seemed like he was late for lunch and would have loved to be anywhere but sitting with us. He never gave us any idea of how he planned to try to help us through this difficult process of finding out what was wrong with my wife. Never gave us any plan or course of action and we will never ever go back to see him again. I would recommend that no one see this sorry excuse for a physician. We were looking for someone to help us and all we got was rudeness and an uncaring attitude.