Obstetrician & Gynecologist, Radiologist

Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Unimpressed and Disappointed show details Unimpressed and Disappointed
May 26th, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Fleming for many years. He delivered my high risk baby and performed a hysterectomy as well as several other surgeries and procedures. I have previously been extremely satisfied with Dr. Fleming. I believe he is capable of providing an excellent bedside manner and is also a very skilled surgeon. Through the years I also have referred many friends to him for various issues because I had thought so highly of him. Unfortunately, many of my friends were unimpressed with their experience and ended up seeking care elsewhere. I have also noticed a change in his demeanor through the years but wanted to give the benefit of the doubt and also was reluctant to admit that he had changed due to my long history as his patient and time spent building that relationship. But after my most recent annual exam, I finally have to admit that unless you are pregnant or need surgery, he is really very uninterested. Not only that, he is not very thorough as an annual exam consists of a cursory breast exam and a pap smear with many other aspects of your health blatantly overlooked. In addition, for me, unfortunately my overall health care has declined the past few years and as my obgyn overseeing my health for such a long time, I would have expected more interest in at least asking how well those other conditions are being managed or how I am doing emotionally with a new quality of life. Instead, my annual visit consisted of less than 5 minutes in the room and if it was actually timed, it was probably more like 2-3 minutes. The questions he asked were purposely worded to avoid discussing any other conditions regarding my healthcare and he was very disengaged with spending more than a couple minutes with me. And it wasn't because of being busy as the waiting room was empty when I arrived and empty still when I left. Another alarming observation has been that due to my change in health and the need for other doctors to review all my records, I have requested my records with him and have been surprised to see very poor documentation. For example, on a prior annual visit he documented that counseling was provided for a variety of health concerns that would have been appropriate but never actually took place. Additionally, when requested several times, an operative report for a procedure has never been provided because it cannot be found. Sadly, I am disappointed with my experience of the past few years and finally realize that going forward, I will have to begin the unfortunate process of finding a new doctor and building that relationship again.

Fleming is fabulous! show details Fleming is fabulous!
by Karen Morris on May 7th, 2015

Dr. Fleming has been my Ob/GYN since 1992. I wouldn't go to anyone else!

Seems to be "phoning it in" show details Seems to be "phoning it in"
Mar 30th, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Fleming's for many years. He delivered my two children and everything from beginning to end of both pregnancies was flawless. But the doctor doesn't seem to take time any more annual visits. An OBGYN should understand that for the average healthy woman the annual exam is probably the only time each year she will see a doctor and therefore he should be considering her overall health and not just doing a pap. He doesn't order blood tests, ask questions or take time to consider general health. My last visit left me feeling like he was just in a rush to get through his list of patients for the day.

Highly recommend show details Highly recommend
by Elizabeth Taylor on Apr 23rd, 2014

Love Dr Fleming! I've been seeing him as a patient for several years now and have recommended him to several family and friends. Dr Fleming is friendly, compassionate, professional and I've never felt like he's rushing to move on to the next patient. I highly recommend him

Best OBGYN in DFW show details Best OBGYN in DFW
by Krin V. on Jan 3rd, 2014

Dr. Fleming has been my gynecologist for several years now. I feel that I get excellent care from him and I also feel that he is more attentive and thoughtful than most doctors. When I have fears or concerns, he takes time to thoroughly explain my options and put my mind at ease. I would never even consider going to someone else.

AMAZING Doctor and Staff! show details AMAZING Doctor and Staff!
by Angela on Dec 7th, 2013

Dr. Fleming is by far the best doctor I’ve ever had and a true blessing! I cannot say enough great things about him and his entire staff. A dear friend recommended him to me and I’ve been his patient for over 10 years now. He delivered my son who is 3 ½ and my daughter who is 1 ½ years old. Dr. Fleming is kind, patient, knowledgeable, and very professional. He will make you feel like you are his most important patient. He is always willing to take the time to answer my questions in detail and gives me real, honest answers. I recently had a miscarriage and he walked me through the entire process medically, but held my hand emotionally. He truly cares about his patients and most importantly, I trust him. I will never find words to describe how much I appreciate this doctor. Booking appointments is easy and wait times are minimal. If you are looking for an amazing doctor who is extremely knowledgeable, caring, professional, and will take excellent care of you….I would highly recommend Dr. Fleming.

A Skilled Surgeon who Listens show details A Skilled Surgeon who Listens
by Susan on Dec 6th, 2013

I appreciate Dr. Fleming because he takes time to listen, provides realistic expectations about procedures and recovery and is a skilled surgeon. I consulted with Dr. Fleming about having a hysterectomy. He spent and unexpected amount of time with me to understand my concerns, and discuss treatment options and the pros and cons of each. He did not advocate a path. I chose to proceed with a robotic-assist procedure. Before the surgery, Dr. Fleming was very direct about the expected recovery time and pace. I am finding his predictions accurate. I was pleased to spend time with the surgical Nurse, First Assistant, before my surgery. I learned a lot about the procedure and felt confident in her skills and knowledge of the robotic element of the procedure. I believe in Dr. Fleming's skills as my recovery is progressing well and my incisions are nearly invisible. I felt as if I was in good hands from start to finish.

Great doctor and staff show details Great doctor and staff
Sep 12th, 2013

I've been going to him for about 10 years. I cant say enough good things about him and his staff.....I'll continue to be his patient as long as he's in business.

The Best!! show details The Best!!
by Shana B on May 29th, 2013

I would like the thank Dr. Berry Fleming for taking great care of me when I was at my worst. I went to many doctors, before Dr. Fleming figured out what was wrong with me. He has the best surgery skills and he follows up after to make sure all is well. I am so pleased to have my pain gone and feel normal again. I have been blessed to meet such a wonderful person in my life. To anyone looking for a new doctor, Dr. Fleming is the one you want to take care of you. The office staff is great also.

I feel great! show details I feel great!
May 25th, 2013

Dr. Fleming performed my hysterectomy with great professionalism, care, and bedside manner. He informed me of all my options to handle my fibroids and allowed me to make the best decision for me. I did not experience any abnormal side effects from the surgery. I could have gone back to work a week after the surgery. I had the surgery on a Monday and by Thursday I was able to drive, fold laundry, and wash dishes. I really appreciate Dr. Fleming for relieving my pain. He ensured I had all of my questions answered, and fully aware of what's entailed with the surgery. I highly recommend him to future patients.

by Lisa F. on May 24th, 2013

Dr. Fleming has managed many areas of my health. He delivered my daughter 10 years ago and held my hand, kept me calm and assured, and simply built the base of trust in him that would continue for many years to come. Later, we mutually agreed on a hysterectomy after Dr. Fleming took his time to explain every option I had. He neither pushed me or discouraged me either way; he gave me the educated information I needed to make an informed decision about my health. I continue to trust in his words and guidance with regard to my health. I am now in a place in life to be on hormones and he's been absolutely wonderful. He's educated in the latest technology and medicine available today. Dr. Fleming makes me feel like I'm the only woman in his life when I'm in his office, and I know better! I know there's a woman in every room waiting for him, but the time he spends with me makes me feel like I'm all he has to do all day. He's guided me through so much in my life, from baby to hormones, and I trust him so much my 18 year old daughter is now seeing him for her annual well woman appointments. His nurse returns phone calls promptly and is very attentive as well. And the front desk staff is wonderful. I hope he stays around for a long, long time so he can deliver my grandchildren.

VP Sales show details VP Sales
by Mary B on May 20th, 2013

Dr. Fleming is a wonderful doctor with a great bedside manner. He always makes me feel like I'm his only patient when I'm in his office. He is very informative about the medical care he gives me and answers all my questions. He delivered my two children and operated on me with my vaginal hysterectomy. The Robotic hysterectomy was not complicated and the healing process was faster than I expected. I want to give Dr. Fleming and his office staff a BIG THANK YOU for all the medical care you gave me over the years! I don't know what I would have done without you in my life. My family and friends also feel the same way I do about Dr. Fleming and his office staff. God Bless You.

So Happy with my doctor show details So Happy with my doctor
by Lynn on May 20th, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Fleming's for a number of years now. I really appreciate the time he spends with me addressing my concerns. As of late, I have had several problems which he has helped me address with my family doctor. His nurse has been so patient with me and I appreciate the kindness which has been extended to me at this time. Thank you

Really? show details Really?
Apr 12th, 2013

For those of you who had bad experiences and think this doctor got you through it. Think real hard. It is very likely that this doctor actually caused your bad experience. All he wants to do is surgery because that makes the most money. He is bad at surgery. Remarkably bad. Hope he has good malpractice insurance. For me, he missed a very large chunk of cancer (10 CENTImeters, not MILLImeters) in my uterus. You don't even need glasses to see this one.

Apr 11th, 2013

Just as a disclaimer, this review has nothing to do with how Dr. Fleming handled my visit, but rather his nurse assistant/staff. Dr. Fleming was very courteous, and I'm sure is a fabulous doctor for those who are expecting. But, for those of us who are not, we unfortunately deal with a nurse assistant more than the actual Dr. himself. I came in early on a Friday morning for a very serious infection. I was pleased with how quickly I got a last minute appointment - Dr. Fleming made sure to fit me in and made time to call me that weekend between deliveries after my infection worsened. He took a culture sample that Friday and told me that he or his nurse assistant would call Monday with results, and prescribed me three days of antibiotics until a culture determined what the infection was. Monday comes around and I have not heard from anyone up until 3:30 pm. I call his office and leave a message, even though it is his nurse assisant's day off. Dr. Fleming calls around 4pm, and says he's not sure why results have not come back in yet but he would call as soon as they were in (thank you). I receive a rude voicemail the next day from the nurse assistant telling me that I "probably didn't hear correctly" but that the results take three to five BUSINESS days, and then proceeds to explain what the definition of a business day is, as if I have never heard of one. (Which doesn't make much sense, considering Dr. Fleming only wrote me up for three days of meds - until he expected the lab results were to come in) I get a call back two days later from the same nurse, who doesn't seem to have a good grasp or remember any of my visit. She simply reads off my test results. I call her back that afternoon and ask her to refill my first prescription since the test was positive, and she argues with me for some time that I was never given a prescription. I had to wait until she quit talking to explain that Dr. Fleming sent in a scrip while he was on call that weekend, and all I'm asking is if she can refill that original one to make it easier instead of sending in a brand new one. Rather than letting me speak, she argued until she ran out of breath. If you're having a child, hopefully you deal with Dr. Fleming more than his staff. Unfortunately, not everyone that goes to an OB-gyn is there for fertility reasons and sometimes have to communicate with the nurses. I have never been more irritated by a nurse assistant - there is no need to argue with and disrespect a patient, especially a patient that has gotten progressively more ill and been on the phone with Dr. Fleming all weekend. Get your facts straight before you talk down to someone. If you have a nursing degree, great! Maybe his staff should be required to take an etiquette class as well. I definitely won't be coming back.

Oct 5th, 2012

HAVE BEEN GOING FOR 10 ARE MORE YEARS HE GREAT DR

Awesome Experience show details Awesome Experience
Sep 26th, 2012

The staff was very courteous and very friendly. I didn't wait long at all and Dr. Fleming was awesome! He is warm and very understanding. This was the best experience I have had at an OBGYN office. I will be coming back.

Highly Recommended! show details Highly Recommended!
Sep 21st, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Fleming's for many years. He has managed my high risk pregnancy and delivered my baby and I have also had multiple other surgeries with him for various issues. He always puts me at ease, does not rush through our time even when he is busy, is super-easy to talk to and very gentle with his exam. He's a good listener and really understands my concerns. He's got a quick sense of humor but also is able to show great compassion and sensitivity when the situations are tough. Even when it's been a year or more since I've seen him, he still walks in and greets me by name as if we were old friends. I don't know how he does it, but he also remembered my name as well as my husband's when we ran into each other unexpectedly outside of his office. I feel completely confident with his care, he has won my trust again and again. I would highly recommend him to any female who wants an awesome ob/gyn with whom to build a long-standing patient-physician relationship.

HORRID OB/GYN - RUN THE OTHER WAY show details HORRID OB/GYN - RUN THE OTHER WAY
Feb 16th, 2012

This obgyn is the most horrid doctor I have ever experienced. Recommended drastic surgery without doing any tests or exploring other options. When reviewing my file after going to another doctor, I was appalled. I don't know who he examined or who he talked to, but it certainly wasn't me. Don't ever step foot into his office. If you're currently a patient, don't just walk away, run as fast as you can. He has no idea what he's doing.

Dec 8th, 2011

I am so glad my friend told me about Dr. Fleming. I was 5 months pregnant with my baby girl and was having contractions and felt just horrible and my doctor said that it was just gravity and that it was normal to feel discomfort with pregnancy. That is when my friend told me about Dr. Fleming, when I called them and told them what I was feeling they made an appointment for the next day. When I saw Dr. Fleming and he checked me he told me I was 3 centimeters dialated and he sent me to the hospital to stop the contractions. After that he made my pregnancy as comfortable as possible even with my complications. I wish I would of known about him with my other kids, also his bedside manner is the best he made me feel comfortable, he is very nice and makes you feel at ease when things are not going so great.

May 20th, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Fleming for several years now and so appreciate his timeliness in seeing me and yet making me feel as though I am his only patient. I was in the office last week for my yearly visit and had had a few problems and Dr. Fleming and his nurse took the time to answer my questions and make me feel very comfortable.When I call the office his staff works with me to answer my questions and take care of my needs.I would recommend Dr. Fleming to anyone who needs a great physician.

Excellent Doctor show details Excellent Doctor
May 12th, 2011

I am very impressed with Dr. Fleming. He is very warm, down to earth and caring. I always feel like he takes the time to really listen to me and makes every effort to accomodate my needs. In addition, he is a very skilled surgeon. Dr. Fleming performed my myomectomy and the surgery went better than I expected. I was back at work and feeling great within 2 weeks. I highly recommend Dr. Fleming.

NOT HELPING AT ALL show details NOT HELPING AT ALL
by APATIENT on Apr 27th, 2011

MY WIFE IS A PATIENT WITH DR FLEMING. CURRENTLY, MY WIFE JUST GOT SICK. HOWEVER, WHEN I ASK HER ABOUT WHAT MEDICINE TO TAKE HE SAID TO GO TO PWHCARE.COM AND FIND THE MEDICATION SHE CAN TAKE THERE.I AM NOT ABLE TO FIND IT, THE SECOND CALL HE SAID THAT IT SHOULD BE THERE IF I KEEP CLICKING ON SERVICES. HE SAID THAT HE HAS A DELIVERY NOW. IMHO, HE IS JUST TRYING TO AVOID A PATIENT CALLING. WHY IS HE BOTHERING TO CALL A PATIENT IF HE IS IN THE MIDDLE OF DELIVERY? IT'S JUST A LIE

Talked in circles show details Talked in circles
by Ld on Mar 27th, 2011

Did not address all my Concerns. Did not give treatment options or order lab tests. It was a very unproductive visit.

Sep 20th, 2010

Great Doctor, but you have to plan ahead he is a very in demand doctor, but he is the best and will see you through, you're not just another paitent.

good doctor show details good doctor
Feb 2nd, 2010

I have been impressed with Dr Fleming and his staff. I came here upon recommendation of my PCP because I needed a OB that I could fit into my busy work schedule when I became pregnant. His office never makes me wait. He is prompt as well. His visits are quick. I don't feel rushed as he makes sure that I don't have any other questions before he leaves the room. I find him to be caring and reassuring. I am still pregnant so I am hoping his bedside manner in the hospital will be more of the same. Final thing: My first pregnancy ended in miscarriage and I felt he was caring but also proactive to help my next pregnancy be successful.

Jan 28th, 2010

The best doctor in the world. Thank you for your wonderful medical care. Your office staff was great also. Don't ever leave Plano, we need to keep all the best doctors.Thank you so much.

by Jessica Ashmore Siciliano on Nov 18th, 2009

Dr Fleming has been my doctor for almost ten years. I cannot say enough good things about him and his staff. He is gentle, kind, compassionate and a true listener. I never feel rushed during my appointments and I am always treated with respect in a very professional environment. He is soft spoken and always puts me at ease when I'm emotional or overly concerned. I would highly recommend this doctor.

Horrible Bedside Manner and Rushes You show details Horrible Bedside Manner and Rushes You
by M.D. on Sep 24th, 2009

I went to Dr. Fleming based on a recommendation - I stuck with him all through the pregnancy (this being my first), but it was just not a good experience. His staff is warm and friendly, but Dr. Fleming is quite over-confident (my husband says he is "full of himself") and contrary to what he thinks, he is not funny and did not put me at ease. I always felt rushed through my appointments and never have I felt so nervous to ask a question - he just made you feel uncomfortable. He was late to my delivery - I literally had to stop pushing (my son's head was already out) and Dr. Fleming casually strolls in and was gone about 10 minutes later. The next day, my son was under observation for blue lips and being a new mom I was a tad concerned. Dr. Fleming walks in and instead of being supportive or offering any kinds words - he just does his task and leaves (I'd say maybe 5 minutes). Horrible bedside manner. I will certainly be more selective with my next OB/GYN!

Very good OB/GYN show details Very good OB/GYN
Aug 22nd, 2008

Dr. Fleming is a very good doctor. He makes his patients feel comfortable. He gives you the time you need, he is never in a hurry during your visit. He has very good manners, he is a very good professional. I recommend him.