Dr. Berry Fleming MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 26th, 2016
Unimpressed and Disappointed
I have been a patient of Dr. Fleming for many years. He delivered my high risk baby and performed a hysterectomy as well as several other surgeries and procedures. I have previously been extremely satisfied with Dr. Fleming. I believe he is capable of providing an excellent bedside manner and is also a very skilled surgeon. Through the years I also have referred many friends to him for various issues because I had thought so highly of him. Unfortunately, many of my friends were unimpressed with their experience and ended up seeking care elsewhere. I have also noticed a change in his demeanor through the years but wanted to give the benefit of the doubt and also was reluctant to admit that he had changed due to my long history as his patient and time spent building that relationship. But after my most recent annual exam, I finally have to admit that unless you are pregnant or need surgery, he is really very uninterested. Not only that, he is not very thorough as an annual exam consists of a cursory breast exam and a pap smear with many other aspects of your health blatantly overlooked. In addition, for me, unfortunately my overall health care has declined the past few years and as my obgyn overseeing my health for such a long time, I would have expected more interest in at least asking how well those other conditions are being managed or how I am doing emotionally with a new quality of life. Instead, my annual visit consisted of less than 5 minutes in the room and if it was actually timed, it was probably more like 2-3 minutes. The questions he asked were purposely worded to avoid discussing any other conditions regarding my healthcare and he was very disengaged with spending more than a couple minutes with me. And it wasn't because of being busy as the waiting room was empty when I arrived and empty still when I left. Another alarming observation has been that due to my change in health and the need for other doctors to review all my records, I have requested my records with him and have been surprised to see very poor documentation. For example, on a prior annual visit he documented that counseling was provided for a variety of health concerns that would have been appropriate but never actually took place. Additionally, when requested several times, an operative report for a procedure has never been provided because it cannot be found. Sadly, I am disappointed with my experience of the past few years and finally realize that going forward, I will have to begin the unfortunate process of finding a new doctor and building that relationship again.

May 7th, 2015
Fleming is fabulous!
Dr. Fleming has been my Ob/GYN since 1992. I wouldn't go to anyone else!

March 30th, 2015
Seems to be "phoning it in"
I have been a patient of Dr. Fleming's for many years. He delivered my two children and everything from beginning to end of both pregnancies was flawless. But the doctor doesn't seem to take time any more annual visits. An OBGYN should understand that for the average healthy woman the annual exam is probably the only time each year she will see a doctor and therefore he should be considering her overall health and not just doing a pap. He doesn't order blood tests, ask questions or take time to consider general health. My last visit left me feeling like he was just in a rush to get through his list of patients for the day.

April 23rd, 2014
Highly recommend
Love Dr Fleming! I've been seeing him as a patient for several years now and have recommended him to several family and friends. Dr Fleming is friendly, compassionate, professional and I've never felt like he's rushing to move on to the next patient. I highly recommend him

January 4th, 2014
Best OBGYN in DFW
Dr. Fleming has been my gynecologist for several years now. I feel that I get excellent care from him and I also feel that he is more attentive and thoughtful than most doctors. When I have fears or concerns, he takes time to thoroughly explain my options and put my mind at ease. I would never even consider going to someone else.

December 8th, 2013
AMAZING Doctor and Staff!
Dr. Fleming is by far the best doctor I’ve ever had and a true blessing! I cannot say enough great things about him and his entire staff. A dear friend recommended him to me and I’ve been his patient for over 10 years now. He delivered my son who is 3 ½ and my daughter who is 1 ½ years old. Dr. Fleming is kind, patient, knowledgeable, and very professional. He will make you feel like you are his most important patient. He is always willing to take the time to answer my questions in detail and gives me real, honest answers. I recently had a miscarriage and he walked me through the entire process medically, but held my hand emotionally. He truly cares about his patients and most importantly, I trust him. I will never find words to describe how much I appreciate this doctor. Booking appointments is easy and wait times are minimal. If you are looking for an amazing doctor who is extremely knowledgeable, caring, professional, and will take excellent care of you….I would highly recommend Dr. Fleming.

December 7th, 2013
A Skilled Surgeon who Listens
I appreciate Dr. Fleming because he takes time to listen, provides realistic expectations about procedures and recovery and is a skilled surgeon. I consulted with Dr. Fleming about having a hysterectomy. He spent and unexpected amount of time with me to understand my concerns, and discuss treatment options and the pros and cons of each. He did not advocate a path. I chose to proceed with a robotic-assist procedure. Before the surgery, Dr. Fleming was very direct about the expected recovery time and pace. I am finding his predictions accurate. I was pleased to spend time with the surgical Nurse, First Assistant, before my surgery. I learned a lot about the procedure and felt confident in her skills and knowledge of the robotic element of the procedure. I believe in Dr. Fleming's skills as my recovery is progressing well and my incisions are nearly invisible. I felt as if I was in good hands from start to finish.

September 12th, 2013
Great doctor and staff
I've been going to him for about 10 years. I cant say enough good things about him and his staff.....I'll continue to be his patient as long as he's in business.

May 29th, 2013
The Best!!
I would like the thank Dr. Berry Fleming for taking great care of me when I was at my worst. I went to many doctors, before Dr. Fleming figured out what was wrong with me. He has the best surgery skills and he follows up after to make sure all is well. I am so pleased to have my pain gone and feel normal again. I have been blessed to meet such a wonderful person in my life. To anyone looking for a new doctor, Dr. Fleming is the one you want to take care of you. The office staff is great also.

May 25th, 2013
I feel great!
Dr. Fleming performed my hysterectomy with great professionalism, care, and bedside manner. He informed me of all my options to handle my fibroids and allowed me to make the best decision for me. I did not experience any abnormal side effects from the surgery. I could have gone back to work a week after the surgery. I had the surgery on a Monday and by Thursday I was able to drive, fold laundry, and wash dishes. I really appreciate Dr. Fleming for relieving my pain. He ensured I had all of my questions answered, and fully aware of what's entailed with the surgery. I highly recommend him to future patients.

May 24th, 2013
Dr. Fleming has managed many areas of my health. He delivered my daughter 10 years ago and held my hand, kept me calm and assured, and simply built the base of trust in him that would continue for many years to come. Later, we mutually agreed on a hysterectomy after Dr. Fleming took his time to explain every option I had. He neither pushed me or discouraged me either way; he gave me the educated information I needed to make an informed decision about my health. I continue to trust in his words and guidance with regard to my health. I am now in a place in life to be on hormones and he's been absolutely wonderful. He's educated in the latest technology and medicine available today. Dr. Fleming makes me feel like I'm the only woman in his life when I'm in his office, and I know better! I know there's a woman in every room waiting for him, but the time he spends with me makes me feel like I'm all he has to do all day. He's guided me through so much in my life, from baby to hormones, and I trust him so much my 18 year old daughter is now seeing him for her annual well woman appointments. His nurse returns phone calls promptly and is very attentive as well. And the front desk staff is wonderful. I hope he stays around for a long, long time so he can deliver my grandchildren.

May 20th, 2013
So Happy with my doctor
I have been a patient of Dr. Fleming's for a number of years now. I really appreciate the time he spends with me addressing my concerns. As of late, I have had several problems which he has helped me address with my family doctor. His nurse has been so patient with me and I appreciate the kindness which has been extended to me at this time. Thank you