Dr. Bruce Lasker MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

August 20th, 2015
I personally think that this guy is a schizophrenic, and his office help is a touch above absolute zero. I don't mind spending $75.00 dollars for 10 minutes because i am used to it. It will be a great day when we get close to as good as the Scandinavian countries.

February 25th, 2015
Very rude
Very rude

November 11th, 2013
Horrific Doctor
This man needs his license revoked. He 'treated' me for 2 years & because he couldn't figure out how to diagnose me, he claimed that I pretended to have seizures to get my husbands attention. In reading my medical records from him, for the 1st year he writes that I have epilepsy & needs to treat it, 2nd year he switches that I am pretending to have seizures...which is it doctor? He refused to prescribe anti-seizure meds for me. I have a TBI--it is not mentioned in my records at all. I left finally after he insulted me over the line & a new neuro prescibed the world's leading anti-seizure med & my seizures are now cut in thirds. My epilepsy resulted from the 2 inches of scar tissue on my temporal lobe from the TBI doctor.

May 8th, 2013
This doctor was awful He was not only rude but was insulting Never got back to us about tests, offered no help what so ever Was very rude on the phone He was very strange and acted distracted and uncaring NEVER go to this doctor is you don't want to be insulted or treated poorly

April 1st, 2013
Very knowledgeable doctor
In my view there are two primary factors that warrant rating Dr. Lasker as a top-rated neurologist: 1) his incredible breadth of knowledge, awareness of current research in his field, and genuine fascination with the human brain in general; and 2) his willingness to apply his knowledge base toward the consideration of less obvious solutions, beyond those that I might simply find myself by searching WebMD. In my case, he successfully diagnosed and treated a neurological problem that had eluded several others simply because the condition did not present in the most "typical" way. My quality of life is dramatically improved as a result. Amidst a sea of HMO-accepting doctors, it is very difficult to find physicians that view the diagnostic process as a complex puzzle, rather than simply as a checklist. Dr. Lasker stands out as a physician with mastery of his specialization and answers to questions that I could not have answered on my own. And unlike my previous doctor, he actually put the pieces together. While, his bedside manner may be slightly unusual or eccentric, I still found him to be quite personable, and he was more than adequately attentive to my concerns and observations.

January 21st, 2013
Dr Lasker
I was referred to Dr Lasker by my Chiropractor as well as a friend who is also his patient. Both gave him the highest recommendation and they were right! He was thorough with my exam and spent a great deal of time analyzing the information I brought. He was extremely kind and did his best to keep me comfortable and informed throughout my evaluation and testing. I am grateful to have found such a caring and knowledgeable doctor.

March 21st, 2012
Upon arrival to Dr. Lasker office my daughter and I was glad to see there was front door parking due to the fact she have MS. The staff was very polite. Since I am a person who don't like to wait, I was thrill that Dr.Lasker did not keep us waiting as I have experience in many office. Dr. Lasker was very professional and informative. I would and have referred friends to Dr. Lasker. He even return calls after hours.

October 10th, 2011
Outstanding
I wouldnt trust my daughter with no other doctor (She have M.S).This doctor knowledge is so updated. We have seen 3 others doctors before him and I would follow his practice where ever he moved.

August 20th, 2011
SUPER DOCTOR
My time with Dr. Lasker was very nice. I had no problem making an appointment to suit my schedule. His receptionist was welcoming, "on the ball" and friendly. I came early in order to fill out the paperwork and didn't have any wait, or at least not much of one. I found Dr. Lasker to be professional, articulate, accommodating, and very personable. He came to the waiting room and called me to the exam room himself. As I walked towards him he extended his hand for a warm hello and gentle hand shake. In the exam room he went over my paperwork and then asked me to tell him how I felt and what was going on. As I talked, he sat and actually listened, making a few notations. He then did a some basic reflex tests. One with the reflex hammer and another using the end of an open paper clip. He and I discussed the testing that my pain management doctor had done. He didn't feel as though it was conclusive and decided to do more testing. Throughout the testing Dr. Lasker explained what he was doing, how it worked, etc. He even turned the screen so that I could see the results as they happened. Dr. Lasker was NOT AT ALL "rude", "dismissive", or "hostile", nor did I find him "bizarre" or "weird". He DID NOT "start poking me without warning". It's sad that anyone would write such mean things about a good doctor and a decent man. Perhaps those who think it ok to use descriptions like "bizarre" and "weird" should look in their mirror. I wonder just how personable, kind and caring you are.

June 9th, 2011
Unacceptable Bedside Manner
I have never encountered so rude a physician. I will go out of my way to avoid another appointment with this doctor. Well beyond seeming cold or dismissive, he seemed hostile. His behavior was completely bizarre. I spent the appointment wondering what I had done to so heartily offend him, and finally decided the problem was his.

May 26th, 2011
He does far more for me than any other neuro
I've been seeing Dr. Lasker for my migraines. He listens to my opinions, is open to my suggestions, and flexible in my treatments. He has gone above and beyond in terms of dealing with my health insurance and has even given me a free treatment when my insurance wouldn't pay (I was the one who risked it without getting pre-approval.) He does have an awkward or unusual bedside manner, but his knowledge of my condition is impressive and he genuinely seems to care to help. I recommend getting past any initial awkwardness, since I feel he is one of the best doctors I have ever had.

December 27th, 2009
Very weird guy
This doctor is a very weird guy. He gave me the creeps and it seemed to me like he needs psychotherapy. I would not recommend him to anyone.