Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Caring doctor show details Caring doctor
Nov 13th, 2015

I just had my first baby back in September. I have had several friends delivered by Dr. Rajala and all recommended him. Granted the wait can be long and the pregnancy check ups short unless you have complications. He always anwsered my questions and had a good bedside manner. My delivery was ok, I was induced and didn't see Dr. until I was dilated and pushing but the nurses were in contact with him regarding my care the entire time. I had a relativity smooth delivery other than some bleeding and tearing. Honestly I love this doctor for the care I received at my postpartum check ups. I was a mess and he was so sweet to me and never disregarded my feelings and for that I am so grateful. I did have the "baby blues" but was also diagnosed with postpartum anxiety which he gave me medication and recommended I see a psych to F/U which I felt was appropriate. I will definitely be going back to him for my second pregnancy. Also his staff was also always very nice/caring.

Good but not great. show details Good but not great.
Oct 26th, 2015

This is my second pregnancy and my last doctor was Dr. Heidi Harms in Dallas who was very thorough and awesome. I was recommended Dr. Rajala and decided to try him since I live in Allen now. The wait time is ridiculous, I am talking 30 minutes to an hour every single time. The staff is alright, all just very young other than one nurse and the receptionists, one of which is very short with everyone. Dr. Rajala is very nice, but if you want a personable and thorough doctor do not choose him. He is very fast, and seems very over booked therefore barely spends any time with you. It's not a terrible experience to be clear, just not a great one either. I am having a C-section so I am a bit nervous but I know he has the expertise so...good luck to me.

Fantastic doctor show details Fantastic doctor
by Michelle on Jul 9th, 2015

The best! Dr. Rajala is a wonderful doctor and person. He is knowledgeable, careful, compassionate and possesses a wonderful bedside manner. I'd recommend him in a minute.

Feb 25th, 2015

The wait time was a bit long, but Dr. Rajala was amazing.

Most incredible OB/GYN!!! show details Most incredible OB/GYN!!!
by Ashley Edwards on Jul 18th, 2013

I have been going to Dr. Rajala for ten years now and there is no one that I have been more pleased with. Yes he is sometimes crunched in time due to patients needing him for deliveries and complication that have to be fit into a day of his already full schedule. He's busy because he's absolutely incredible!!! He's spends the time I need with me witch changes from visit to visit. There has been a time or two where I have requested him to call me back instead of a nurse and he has done so. Truly a happy patient!!!

I absolutley Love Dr. Rajala show details I absolutley Love Dr. Rajala
Jul 25th, 2012

Dr. Rajala is very caring. He is very passionate in this field. He takes his time with me and expains things well. The office staff is good. I would recommend Rajala to anyone. I'm really enjoying this experience as a first time Mom and pregnancy. Love him!

Caring! show details Caring!
by 12 year long patient! on Sep 30th, 2010

Dr Rajala is outstanding! The wait is well worth it since when he is talking to you he is truly "there"! He truly listens and then truly speaks. No wandering around or dodging questions!I highly recommend him to all ages!

The greatest doctor ever!!!!!!! show details The greatest doctor ever!!!!!!!
Aug 28th, 2010

he is a very understanding to my needs!!!he was there for my first and only child that took me 3 years to create and he was there for the entire thing. he is the best doctor ever!!!!!!!! keep up the good work that you give us and our families. the staff that you have are awsome...........Thanks alot.

Apr 20th, 2010

Dr. Rajala is an excellent doctor! He shows compassion and is genuine. He spends all the time with you that you need. He never rushes you..always knows whats best. The wait in the waiting room is a little long, but once you get in your room and visit with him, you know why. He cares about his patients and gives them the time they need...and that is unheard of. I love him!

outstanding doctor show details outstanding doctor
Feb 5th, 2010

im now 35 weeks pregnant and ive been going to dr. rajala since i found out. hes an amazing dr. ive been sick numerous times and had horrible ear infections and he got me through all of it and even called me to make sure it was all taken care of. i love love love his nurses and i think he is a very careing man. my mom went with me to a few appointments and absolutly loved him and is thinking about switching to him for her gyno. yes i have waited an hour or more to see him but hes a very busy dr. who is very good at what he does. one of my appointments even went into the office's lunch hour and they didnt try to push me out the door or anything. i would recomend rajala to any body!

He is awful! show details He is awful!
May 7th, 2009

I am by no means a new patient but I am through with being treated stupid,he is degrading, he thinks woman are dumb and has no bedside manner however his staff is wonderful

by SDST on May 4th, 2009

Dr Rajala delivered both my kids and comforted me through a miscarriage. He showed sympathy and compassion. There was a tragic death in the family the night before my 2nd daughter's birth. He kept the information from me until the next day, but it was for my benefit. He truly cares about his patients.

Apr 23rd, 2009

rajala is great i would recommend him to every pregnant person i know he is always very busy but he has made me feel very comfortable during my last two pregancies and now im back for number three

Feb 11th, 2009

Dr. Rajala is incredible! Yes you may have to wait a little in the waiting room but i'll wait for hours if it ment my unborn baby had the best care!! The office staff is professional. The nurses are so sweet. Rajala is...the best. I will be back in his care if/when I get pregnant again. He has babie picture books in his patient rooms, obviously a very caring doc! :0) The person who made the first comment is NUTS!

Sep 19th, 2008

extremely unethical and very unprofessional. patients are overbooked so you sit in a crowded wait room for easily 45 minutes. Staff is not very friendly. I would not recommend this doctor to my worst enemy.