Sports Medicine Specialist, Orthopedic Surgeons, Surgical Specialist

131 Madison Ave
Ste 110
Morristown, NJ 07960
973-971-3500
Locations and availability (1)

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Thanks Dr Giordano  |  show details
by Jesus A. Portela on Jan 1st, 2014

Dr Giordano installed my confidence in him from the initial consultation.His staff is efficient,knowledgeable and professionally friendly. He was recommended by my workers comp and he is a very smart doctor and a great surgeon. On Dec 2nd,2013 at Morristown Medical Center was my surgery(herniated disc L5-S1 and corrections at L3-L4) all nurses and aids were extremaly attentive and helpful. I would recommend Dr Giordano to anyone who has back issues. Thanks Dr.Giordano

|  Surgery to correct another surgeons mistake.  |  show details
by Chris on Dec 27th, 2013

Did a great job I highly recommend this Surgeon.

|  Posterior/Anterior Lumbar Laminectomy with Fusion  |  show details
by Casemiro Pelc on Dec 3rd, 2013

Dr.Carl P Giordano along with Dr. Patel performed a Posterior/ Anterior Lumbar Laminectomy with Fusion @ L5-S1 on 11/18/13. On 11/20/13 I was climbing stairs on my stairs without the pain I had prior going into the surgery. Dr .Giordano reassured me that everything would be find prior to surgery and I still had doubts, but now after surgery, I have to say that my worries were untrue and just that,"worries". Today is 12/03/13. I can do many things on my own, climb in and out of bed,take a shower, bend down on a knee to pick something up, with any back surgery there will be certain precautions that will have to be taken so not to hurt yourself again, all of which is explain by Dr. Giordano in detail. Out of the 3 days i was in the hospital Dr.Giordano was at the hospital 2 of those days and attended all my concerns and made himself available for me for anything that i might have needed. In all honesty, i may never be 100% again when it comes to my back but compared to how i felt prior to surgery and how i feel now, I thank Dr.Giordano for his recommendation for surgery because it has relieve the majority of pain,( i still have soreness and surgical pain but not the nerve pain as before) and numbness above my right knee but this may go away. Remember i was with this pain for 7 months before being sent to Dr.Giordano. I would recommend Dr.Giordano to anyone who is worried about surgery and is seeking for back relief. His staff will help guide you through the steps and he will make sure you are back to the way you was prior to pain. My medications are not extreme as i ask to be removed off the morphine med pump 16 hours after surgery and ask to stay on the same medication i was on prior to surgery which is 5mg Vicoden for pain every 6 hours as needed and 5mg valium at bedtime every 12hours. Sometimes i dont even take the meds if i can tolerate it. If the problem is back surgery, the answer is Giordano, he has the plan you need. Thank you Dr.G.

|  Nothing but gratitude  |  show details
by J Harvey on Nov 18th, 2013

After 2 months of excruciating 24/7 pain and an MRI, I was diagnosed with a herniated disc (L5S1). I was nervous about the prospect of back surgery (we've all heard horror stories—scary). Dr Giordano informed me that while some herniations will go away over time, my type of herniated disc wouldn't, so I would definitely need surgery. My pain was gone the moment I woke up from surgery. I was able to stand straight for the first time in months and could sleep through the night. Everybody's experience is different, but for my relatively straight forward simple procedure, I am 100% thrilled with the results.

|  attorney  |  show details
Nov 13th, 2013

Very very happy with surgical outcome.

|  Best in the business..  |  show details
Sep 4th, 2013

A doctor recommended Dr. Giordano. I had been seeing an Orthopedic group in Morristown, whereby their doctors told me I had a Baker's Cyst. For four years of extreme pain, and I mean extreme. I could not stand or sit without writhing in plan. Dr. Giordano looked at their MRI, and had me do another in which he noted the problem, which the other doctors did not diagnose properly. Doctor operated on me and I walked out of the hospital that evening never once to suffer that horrific pain again. The nerve damage that I encountered had all to do with the four years of pain that I suffered. Doctor Giordano found I had a piece of disc holding up a nerve like an upside down V. The relief was immeasurable. I Thank God for him, and had recommended him to many in need of his skill. They have all thanked me for the referral. I do agree that the office staff are extremely curt, surly disposed, very rude, and not at all welcoming. They offer no kindness, patience or care. Dr. Giordano please hire a new staff of office personnel. The current crew are ruining your reputation. I first noticed this change of attitude on the part of the office staff when you moved into your new headquarters. I am not surprised to read that many of the negative comments are directed at your office staff. I do not understand why you would continue with this office staff.

|  malpractice  |  show details
by Ava Shaw on Aug 20th, 2013

I would give 0 stars if possible. What a terrible experience. I have seen a total of 6 surgeons for my back, the first five recommended huge surgeries and I was looking for something other than a fusion and I was excited to hear he did great work on disks. I have had 8 MRI's... yes 8 MRI's on my back and another 5 consultations&have been told I have 5-7 herniated disks. This doctor before even looking at anything look at ME and told me I am fine because I'm 23. He told me I didn't need surgery and all of my tests are incorrect (Including an EMG I had showing nerve damage) and this guy by looking just at ME, not my tests, tells me I don't need anything. I told him to review my MRI's anyway. He left the room for less than 60 seconds and came back and told me I don't have a single herniated disk.How can over 10 doctors (these include my pain management doctors) all tell me I do. I think he lied and did at the tests I brought in, all the computers in the office were DOS, I doubt he was even able to pull up the results. Front desk rude, I have 2 insurance they made me pay out of pocket anyway and on the way out told me to submit it myself. I'm considering submitting a complaint to the board for stealing money. I obviously have herniated disks and spondylithesis and I think I am going to submit a complaint against his license. If anyone reviewing the case looked at my tests they would know he did not look at my MRI properly. You cannot review in MRI of a cervical and lumbar spine properly in less than 60 seconds and the nerve to not even put it through my insurance and make me pay $315 on the way out for 10 minutes of your time. You're not worth it Dr. Arrogant

|  Very rude and Unproffessional Front Desk Staff  |  show details
Aug 14th, 2013

I took almost 2 hours drive to get there, and I arrived at the office , the staff asked me to fill up the forms, I told them I only read and write simple English , I need help for filling the forms ,and others patient are willing to help me fill up the forms but the staff was very rule told me No and they never inform me they called my insurance work comp to cancel my appointment right away . It's really Unproffessional and bad attitude to treat their patient like that . If the person don't have patience for the patient PLEASE DON'T work in the service line . I have been seeing more than 20 doctors because of my neck and back hurt , I never seen the staff rule like this way , VERY BAD , I will go to government office and make a complaint about them .

|  No Patience For the Patients  |  show details
Jul 2nd, 2013

Everyone needing surgery will always look for the best doctor for the job. What most of us do not realize, is you also need to consider the doctor's office/medical staff when making a decision. In my case, Dr. Giordano was assigned to me by an insurance company through workers compensation. I wasn't concerned because I heard good things about him. In less than a year's time I had four back surgeries performed by Dr. Giordano. I am currently recuperating from my last. We will see how it goes. It's too soon to tell. Dr. Giordano is not one to take a lot of time with his patients, at least not with me. He is great with analogies. For example, comparing your injury with a pebble in your shoe. Post surgery office visits with him are quick. In all the time I have been seeing him, he never checked my incision site without me asking him to do so. He also never checked my reflexes or leg and foot movements. I was surprised by this, because other doctors I have seen, do just that. The staff at Dr. Giordano's office are not the friendliest bunch of people. You would think that in an atmosphere of people suffering with chronic pain, you would have a staff whom were compassionate, at times maybe a little sympathetic, or at the very least be able to crack a smile. You won't find it here. In fact, most of the time they can be quite snippy and rude. I took this personal in the beginning, but soon found out they take this attitude with others as well. I complained to the insurance representative about their behavior and asked for advise on what to do. They basically told me that doctors will almost always defend their staff, and maybe it would only make things worse. So, shame on them, shame on Dr. Giordano and shame on me because here I am venting my frustration by complaining on this website. And by the way, I really don't feel any better by doing so!

by Judy B. on Jun 6th, 2013

If your looking for a good spine specialist, stay away from this place!!! Dr. Giordano is the worst doctor I've ever met, very unprofessional! He will want to operate and when it's over, as long he's got his money from insurance, he doesn't care about you or the pain he's left you in; he'll discharge you! He tells you the pain your still in will go away but it doesn't and he doesn't care, leaving you to find another doctor who will help you and the pain Dr. Giordano has left you in!!!! Lousy doctor and staff very rude and unprofessional.

|  this doctor will ignore your symptoms!  |  show details
Sep 25th, 2012

I saw this doctor for a work related issue. He documented a full exam - including reflex strength and everything, Guess what - he NEVER LAID HIS HANDS ON ME and submitted false documentation to the insurance company. It delayed the surgery I needed for 6 months. Liar and thief The Staff is nasty and arrogant - non caring and only in it for the money

|  Do not be treated by him  |  show details
Sep 13th, 2012

He had absolutely no bedside manner. His staff was rude and unhelpful. I left his office crying after every visit. He immediately wanted me to have surgery and refused to try any other types of treatment. I always had to wait for a minimum of an hour before I got in to see him. He deemed me MMI without ever giving me a final exam. I would never ever recommend anyone to be treated by him.

|  Happy Patient  |  show details
Jul 13th, 2012

I must admit I was quite nervous about my procedure discectomy anterior. I searched online and found some pretty negative reviews about this surgeon. Totally unfair and untrue. I found Dr. Giordano to be very thorough and patient allowing the patient to ultimately go at their pace and when comfortable to have the surgery he was there for me every step of the way. He educated me calmed me and more importantly I had a very successful procedure. Can't give enough praise!

|  surgery post op  |  show details
Jul 2nd, 2012

never once informed my wife after my surgery was done.he called her on the cell phone.this is really un-professional.I do not even know what he did to me.he gave no info to my wife except tahat surgery was over and come see me in 2 weeks.Very un-professional doctor.

May 1st, 2012

Dr Giordano is a knowledgeable, wonderful physician!! He explained what I needed done and he did it. I feel great!! His office staff is amazing as well!! I would recommend him to any friend or family member!!

|  Whatever happened to the hypocratic oath  |  show details
Jul 13th, 2011

You are supposed tpo be able to trust the doctors that treat you. Apparently none of this is impottant to Dr. Giordano. He lies for the insurance companies. When you come in to his office he does not even examine you, even after he has done 2 surgeries on the same disc and tells you that there is nothing else he can do for you before he even sees your MRI results!! He tells you that the pain will go away and it never does. His staff is horrible and very rude and should not be in this type of buisness and they never return phone calls unless it is from comp. Karma will catch up with him because as a doctor he is supposed to have his patients best interes at heart before an insurance company. Shame on him!!! I hope the Medical Board looks into his bad practices and takes his liscense!! Do not go to him it is a mistake!!

|  Horrible!!!  |  show details
Jun 24th, 2011

This workers comp RAT told me that the back/neck pain, numbing of my arms and hand and severe headaches I have would go away with time. I told him that I get nauseous and dizzy when that headaches come on and he told me there was nothing that could be done. I take pride in what I do and I do it with integrity and sincerity. This guy should be ashamed of himself!! He took an oath to treat patients not insurance companies. I can't wait for karma to get him and the lowlife insurance consultants that refer to him.

Feb 22nd, 2011

When I hear stories from other people who have gone through the same things that I have with different doctors I feel so fortunate to have found Dr. Giordano! He is great! The staff is wonderful, too!

|  jerk  |  show details
Jan 26th, 2011

wouldn't reccomend!ask what was wrong and why.then talk over me.spent 5 min with me then told me i could go back to work as a carpenter/labor.then the next sentence told me to be an accountant.

Sep 20th, 2010

DR. GIORDANO IS PROBABLY THE MOST UNPROFESSIONAL DOCTOR I'VE EVER VISITED AND IT APPEARES HE MOSTLY DEALS WITH COMP CASES. NOT ONLY DID HE TELL ME THERE WAS NOTHING HE COULD DO FOR MY SEVERE BACK PAIN(AFTER MRI SHOWED A HERNIATED DISK)HE WENT ON TO ASK ME WHY I COULDN'T UNDERSTAND THIS. WOW I DON'T KNOW! I THOUGHT I WENT TO A SPINE SPECIALIST, GUESS NOT. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND TRY ANOTHER DOCTOR.

|  Staff need to understand business practices  |  show details
by RB on Dec 9th, 2009

Dr. Giordano may be the best doctor on earth. However, when his staff makes it difficult to arrange treatment, his skills become unimportant. I was given comflicting information and the courtesy of return calls is apparetnly not necessary for the doctor's staff. I would have preferred to have Dr. Giordano do my spinal fusion, but due to the fact that I could not get information from his staff, I hesitate to think of what I would need to do after the surgery.It seems to me that the doctor's staff has forgotten that the patient is the customer. Without customers, a business does not survive.

Apr 13th, 2009

On my way to first appointment, to discuss surgery for herniated disc, I called the office to report I would be 5 minutes late (traffic & weather). I had my MRI films, but was told I needed all studies, including a plain xray from my orthopedist. I asked if my mom (who was driving) could drop me off at Dr. G's office, quickly drive over to the orthopod's, get the xray and return. Staff told me this was absolutely unacceptable and that I wouldn't be seen unless I had that xray. I felt badly that I was running late as it was, and didn't want to hold up the appt even longer (another 10 minutes). The receptionist told me to not bother coming without the x-ray. So, we stopped to get the xray and were now 15 minutes late. When we arrived, I was told that the Dr. wouldn't see me, because I was late!!! Despite my severe symptoms, I was forced to reschedule to an appt 4 days later, with Dr. G's associate. At that appt Dr. N didn't even look at the xray, stating it was "unimportant".