Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Jul 29th, 2016

He is busy because he is good. Very honest and worth seeing.

Jun 22nd, 2016

Wonderful doctor and wonderful human being.

Jun 18th, 2016

Best thing that ever happened to me. Saw another doc in area who did a disc on me and it failed. Doc G fixed it and have done great. I didn't even have half the pain from his surgery that I did from the first surgery. Went home the same day. He's a great guy and a straight shooter.

May 15th, 2016

very happy with his work

May 14th, 2016

Great man and Doctor

May 14th, 2016

A special doctor

Mar 21st, 2016

The doc took good care of me. I had a surgery recommended to me by someone else and I didn't like the plan it didn't sound right. I saw Giordano and he had a different plan that made sense. He did my surgery about seven months ago and I went back to work and just got back from a canoe trip. It was the right move. God bless

Mar 20th, 2016

He was everything I expected of a spine surgeon.

by Jim on Mar 20th, 2016

A gifted man and surgeon. A real quality person who speaks from the heart and has hands from heaven.

Mar 5th, 2016

Best thing I ever did was find him.

Feb 25th, 2016

OMG. Had a operation and was amazed that it was so pain free. Woke up in recovery room and told the nurse that I did not need the surgery., that my sciatica was gone. The nurse laughed and said"honey your surgery was already done that's why your sciatica is gone. ". I was amazed. I didn't feel anything. Dr. Giordano injected something that took away the surgical pain and the surgery took away the leg pain. It was crazy. I was so miserable for three months before the surgery and then poof it was gone. All I can say is OMG. What a great doctor.

Jan 16th, 2016

All I can say is that he hands are guided by God. I can't be bribe how little pain I had from my neck surgery. I went home in an hour and have been back to normal since. A miracle.

Dec 4th, 2015

Wonderful man who just oozes kindness and confidence. My girlfriend works in the operating room and she said that he is absolutely positively the best. That was good enough for me. Had a micro disc operation and have done fantastic.

Nov 27th, 2015

Oh yes he is great. Can't say enough good things.

Nov 13th, 2015

What I like about him is that you just know that he knows what he's talking about. I thought I needed surgery but he made it very clear that I was better off leaving my condition alone. Appreciate is advice

Spine fusion show details Spine fusion
Nov 12th, 2015

Love him so much!! Thank you Dr. Giordano.

Oct 17th, 2015

I liked him a lot. I was injured at work and he treated me with respect

Oct 4th, 2015

Very easy to talk to. I was very confident with his advice. I was going to have a operation but Dr Giordano told me to give it time and it went away as he predicted.

Sep 19th, 2015

Great honest doctor who sincerely cares and explains everything. The best part is he has the best hands in the business. That's according to my friend who works in the operating room. Apparently Dr. Giordano is a real professional in the Operating room and does things no one else can do

Sep 18th, 2015

I was very happy with this doctor. He is smart and explains things well. My friend works in the operating room at Morristown Medical and she says that Dr Giordano is considered the best. I did great with a neck operation and have resumed work and golf!!

Aug 25th, 2015

All I can say is yes. He is the man you should see

by Mary on Jul 18th, 2015

Had an excellent experience with Dr Giordano. Had a disc fusion and had very very little pain after the surgery. Can't explain it. Was expecting it to be painful. Did great and continue to do great.

Jun 23rd, 2015

Great bedside manner ! I had a double lumbar fusion and Dr G gave me my life back ! I will never be 100% again but I am functional :)

by Jose on Jun 19th, 2015

He is a great man and a great surgeon.

May 29th, 2015

Couldn't find a nicer and more knowledgeable doctor for spinal fusions and correcting failed back surgeries!

May 1st, 2015

Great experience. I saw another doctor in Morristown who told me I needed a big operation. I went to Dr. G and he did the surgery in half the time the other guy said it would take.

Apr 10th, 2015

Very happy with surgical result.

Apr 10th, 2015

What I like about dr Giordano is that I felt as though he was honest smart and confident. Some of the dr's that I saw were very wishy washy. Dr Giordano did a disc operation and my pain was miraculously gone when I woke up. Didn't even have surgical pain.

Great surgeon. show details Great surgeon.
by John on Apr 3rd, 2015

I originally saw Dr. Giordano for a back problem. He was very honest and told me the chance that therapy or injections were going to help was very low and recommended surgery. My insurance company made me go to another doctor in the area for a second Opinion. The other doctor told me to do more therapy and to try some injections that he would do. The therapy and injections didn't do anything except cost me a lot of money. I later found out that the doctor who did the second opinion referred me to his own business partner for the injections. The second opinion wasted my time and money. When this second opinion doctor told me I needed surgery and that he wanted to do it I told him no way. I'm going back to Dr. Giordano. Dr. Giordano did my surgery I shouldn't have wasted my time getting the second opinion

by Mark on Mar 20th, 2015

Easy cheesy 1-2-3. All better after 40 min operation. Thank god. Doc put an end to nonsensical therapy and torture injections.

Mar 7th, 2015

He has a very bad bedside manner. Does not talk to family after surgery you may get a phone call which was not done the last time. I would not recommend him to anyone.

Great spine surgeon show details Great spine surgeon
by Mark on Feb 19th, 2015

I would highly recommend this doctor. He really helped me a lot and got me back to doing everything I want to do.

by Kathleen Koenig on Feb 14th, 2015

The surgery Dr. Giordano performed on me changed my life! I couldn't be happier!!

Oatient show details Oatient
by Mark on Jan 29th, 2015

Hard to imagine I would be happy to have an operation, but I am. I am extremely happy. I had pain for two years. I was told to never have surgery. I unfortunately was caught up in a pain management mill where I spent a lot of money on meds and injections that did nothing for me. Dr. Giordano did an operation on me and I went home in an hour and had great relief. This message is for all of you out there that are afraid to have surgery. If you need it go see Dr. Giirdan immediately and don't waste your time with other docs.

Jan 28th, 2015

very caring & competent dr......excellent surgeon.....no follow up in hospital after surgery

Oatient show details Oatient
by Amy on Jan 17th, 2015

My hero!! What a great job

Laborer show details Laborer
by John on Dec 31st, 2014

The doc did the right thing. He knew exactly what was wrong and fixed it with screws in my back. I saw two other docs before him. I got his name from coworker, neighbor, guy that cuts my hair and person at the ins company. Doc wasn't even in my ins and everyone said he was the man to see. I live about 1 and 1/2 hours away and was very happy I did. I was a workers comp patient and didn't know what to expect. Never forgot that the doc said that what ins I have doesn't matter the treatment is the same. I did great from the beginning and I am still doing great. I read one of those earlier negative reviews and have no doubt that the nut who wrote it should probably be evaluated for some type of fraud. Dr G is a great man. I owe him everything.

by Mary on Dec 20th, 2014

Best experience I ever had with surgery

by Joe on Dec 19th, 2014

Dr Giordano is a great spine surgeon. He was profesional and confident. Got his name from my medical doctor my hairdresser and a police officer in my town. I live about 2 hours away and still everyone I spoke to about my problem new him. I wasn't in my insurance but even my insurance company told me that I should go to Dr Giordano. My back and leg pain was so bad I new I needed surgery. I can't tell you how good I felt the day after my surgery. I have six screws in my back and I feel great. From the day I got to the hospital everyone in the hospital told me that I had the best doctor. I am about a year out from my surgery and have given 10 people docs name. Dr Giordano will forever be in my mind. I think of him as a brother.

Skilled and Compassionate Surgeon show details Skilled and Compassionate Surgeon
by --CS on Dec 17th, 2014

Dr. Giordano performed complicated spinal surgery on me. So glad I acted on the referral of a previous patient. I am extremely grateful to Dr. Giordano for relieving my pain.

by Mark mason on Nov 2nd, 2014

Dr Giordano is the doc to see. I saw a lot of docs and he was the ony one I beleived. I had a great result with his surgery.

by James madison on Nov 1st, 2014

Can't say enough good things about this man. A real master in diagnosis and surgical skill. He rid a pain that I had for 3 years. He's a gentleman and very very smart.

Great Doctor except he does not believe in pain meds or physical therapy. show details Great Doctor except he does not believe in pain meds or physical therapy.
Sep 21st, 2014

I had no doubt that he was the best surgeon for the injuries I have. I feel very confident putting my life in his hands although he needs to realize and look at the whole picture. He needs to realize the pain people are in and that the pain doesn't always end when he thinks it should.

WARNING show details WARNING
by At your own risk on Jun 27th, 2014

BEWARE. "Doctor" Giordano singlehandedly permanently crippled my father. Understand that this is NOT my assessment, but that of MULTIPLE distinguished orthopedists & specialists that have subsequently evaluated him since Giordano laid his incompetent hands on my dad. Giordano is indescribably derelict in his all aspects of his medical performance, but he's shamefully & equally as negligent in patient care & compassion. This is immediately evidenced when walking through the doors--literally. His ornate (& obviously very expensive) office doors weigh a TON, requiring unbelievable effort & strength to simply open. Now, anyone with half a brain knows that heavy doors do not belong in ANY medical establishment. However, when found at a doctor who *specializes* in patients with weakened & degenerative conditions (Giordano), these doors are an unconscionably egregious, irresponsible, & downright callous gesture. They also serve as a disturbing foreshadow into the rest of your treatment with Giordano. Disregard, inattentiveness & danger (red: my father's outcome) lay ahead.

International Relocation Specialist show details International Relocation Specialist
by Lynn Wargo on Jun 6th, 2014

Dr Giordana was not only a Brilliant Surgeon but very personable as well. He was 100% correct with my prognosis. He explained everything in detail. If I ever had to have back surgery again he would definatley be the only spine surgeorn I would go to! Thank you Dr G!!!

Surgery to correct another surgeons mistake. show details Surgery to correct another surgeons mistake.
by Chris on Dec 27th, 2013

Did a great job I highly recommend this Surgeon.

Nothing but gratitude show details Nothing but gratitude
by J Harvey on Nov 18th, 2013

After 2 months of excruciating 24/7 pain and an MRI, I was diagnosed with a herniated disc (L5S1). I was nervous about the prospect of back surgery (we've all heard horror stories—scary). Dr Giordano informed me that while some herniations will go away over time, my type of herniated disc wouldn't, so I would definitely need surgery. My pain was gone the moment I woke up from surgery. I was able to stand straight for the first time in months and could sleep through the night. Everybody's experience is different, but for my relatively straight forward simple procedure, I am 100% thrilled with the results.

attorney show details attorney
Nov 13th, 2013

Very very happy with surgical outcome.

Best in the business.. show details Best in the business..
Sep 4th, 2013

A doctor recommended Dr. Giordano. I had been seeing an Orthopedic group in Morristown, whereby their doctors told me I had a Baker's Cyst. For four years of extreme pain, and I mean extreme. I could not stand or sit without writhing in plan. Dr. Giordano looked at their MRI, and had me do another in which he noted the problem, which the other doctors did not diagnose properly. Doctor operated on me and I walked out of the hospital that evening never once to suffer that horrific pain again. The nerve damage that I encountered had all to do with the four years of pain that I suffered. Doctor Giordano found I had a piece of disc holding up a nerve like an upside down V. The relief was immeasurable. I Thank God for him, and had recommended him to many in need of his skill. They have all thanked me for the referral. I do agree that the office staff are extremely curt, surly disposed, very rude, and not at all welcoming. They offer no kindness, patience or care. Dr. Giordano please hire a new staff of office personnel. The current crew are ruining your reputation. I first noticed this change of attitude on the part of the office staff when you moved into your new headquarters. I am not surprised to read that many of the negative comments are directed at your office staff. I do not understand why you would continue with this office staff.

malpractice show details malpractice
by Ava Shaw on Aug 20th, 2013

I would give 0 stars if possible. What a terrible experience. I have seen a total of 6 surgeons for my back, the first five recommended huge surgeries and I was looking for something other than a fusion and I was excited to hear he did great work on disks. I have had 8 MRI's... yes 8 MRI's on my back and another 5 consultations&have been told I have 5-7 herniated disks. This doctor before even looking at anything look at ME and told me I am fine because I'm 23. He told me I didn't need surgery and all of my tests are incorrect (Including an EMG I had showing nerve damage) and this guy by looking just at ME, not my tests, tells me I don't need anything. I told him to review my MRI's anyway. He left the room for less than 60 seconds and came back and told me I don't have a single herniated disk.How can over 10 doctors (these include my pain management doctors) all tell me I do. I think he lied and did at the tests I brought in, all the computers in the office were DOS, I doubt he was even able to pull up the results. Front desk rude, I have 2 insurance they made me pay out of pocket anyway and on the way out told me to submit it myself. I'm considering submitting a complaint to the board for stealing money. I obviously have herniated disks and spondylithesis and I think I am going to submit a complaint against his license. If anyone reviewing the case looked at my tests they would know he did not look at my MRI properly. You cannot review in MRI of a cervical and lumbar spine properly in less than 60 seconds and the nerve to not even put it through my insurance and make me pay $315 on the way out for 10 minutes of your time. You're not worth it Dr. Arrogant

Very rude and Unproffessional Front Desk Staff show details Very rude and Unproffessional Front Desk Staff
Aug 14th, 2013

I took almost 2 hours drive to get there, and I arrived at the office , the staff asked me to fill up the forms, I told them I only read and write simple English , I need help for filling the forms ,and others patient are willing to help me fill up the forms but the staff was very rule told me No and they never inform me they called my insurance work comp to cancel my appointment right away . It's really Unproffessional and bad attitude to treat their patient like that . If the person don't have patience for the patient PLEASE DON'T work in the service line . I have been seeing more than 20 doctors because of my neck and back hurt , I never seen the staff rule like this way , VERY BAD , I will go to government office and make a complaint about them .

No Patience For the Patients show details No Patience For the Patients
Jul 2nd, 2013

Everyone needing surgery will always look for the best doctor for the job. What most of us do not realize, is you also need to consider the doctor's office/medical staff when making a decision. In my case, Dr. Giordano was assigned to me by an insurance company through workers compensation. I wasn't concerned because I heard good things about him. In less than a year's time I had four back surgeries performed by Dr. Giordano. I am currently recuperating from my last. We will see how it goes. It's too soon to tell. Dr. Giordano is not one to take a lot of time with his patients, at least not with me. He is great with analogies. For example, comparing your injury with a pebble in your shoe. Post surgery office visits with him are quick. In all the time I have been seeing him, he never checked my incision site without me asking him to do so. He also never checked my reflexes or leg and foot movements. I was surprised by this, because other doctors I have seen, do just that. The staff at Dr. Giordano's office are not the friendliest bunch of people. You would think that in an atmosphere of people suffering with chronic pain, you would have a staff whom were compassionate, at times maybe a little sympathetic, or at the very least be able to crack a smile. You won't find it here. In fact, most of the time they can be quite snippy and rude. I took this personal in the beginning, but soon found out they take this attitude with others as well. I complained to the insurance representative about their behavior and asked for advise on what to do. They basically told me that doctors will almost always defend their staff, and maybe it would only make things worse. So, shame on them, shame on Dr. Giordano and shame on me because here I am venting my frustration by complaining on this website. And by the way, I really don't feel any better by doing so!

by Judy B. on Jun 6th, 2013

If your looking for a good spine specialist, stay away from this place!!! Dr. Giordano is the worst doctor I've ever met, very unprofessional! He will want to operate and when it's over, as long he's got his money from insurance, he doesn't care about you or the pain he's left you in; he'll discharge you! He tells you the pain your still in will go away but it doesn't and he doesn't care, leaving you to find another doctor who will help you and the pain Dr. Giordano has left you in!!!! Lousy doctor and staff very rude and unprofessional.

this doctor will ignore your symptoms! show details this doctor will ignore your symptoms!
Sep 25th, 2012

I saw this doctor for a work related issue. He documented a full exam - including reflex strength and everything, Guess what - he NEVER LAID HIS HANDS ON ME and submitted false documentation to the insurance company. It delayed the surgery I needed for 6 months. Liar and thief The Staff is nasty and arrogant - non caring and only in it for the money

Do not be treated by him show details Do not be treated by him
Sep 13th, 2012

He had absolutely no bedside manner. His staff was rude and unhelpful. I left his office crying after every visit. He immediately wanted me to have surgery and refused to try any other types of treatment. I always had to wait for a minimum of an hour before I got in to see him. He deemed me MMI without ever giving me a final exam. I would never ever recommend anyone to be treated by him.

Happy Patient show details Happy Patient
Jul 13th, 2012

I must admit I was quite nervous about my procedure discectomy anterior. I searched online and found some pretty negative reviews about this surgeon. Totally unfair and untrue. I found Dr. Giordano to be very thorough and patient allowing the patient to ultimately go at their pace and when comfortable to have the surgery he was there for me every step of the way. He educated me calmed me and more importantly I had a very successful procedure. Can't give enough praise!

surgery post op show details surgery post op
Jul 2nd, 2012

never once informed my wife after my surgery was done.he called her on the cell phone.this is really un-professional.I do not even know what he did to me.he gave no info to my wife except tahat surgery was over and come see me in 2 weeks.Very un-professional doctor.

May 1st, 2012

Dr Giordano is a knowledgeable, wonderful physician!! He explained what I needed done and he did it. I feel great!! His office staff is amazing as well!! I would recommend him to any friend or family member!!

Whatever happened to the hypocratic oath show details Whatever happened to the hypocratic oath
Jul 13th, 2011

You are supposed tpo be able to trust the doctors that treat you. Apparently none of this is impottant to Dr. Giordano. He lies for the insurance companies. When you come in to his office he does not even examine you, even after he has done 2 surgeries on the same disc and tells you that there is nothing else he can do for you before he even sees your MRI results!! He tells you that the pain will go away and it never does. His staff is horrible and very rude and should not be in this type of buisness and they never return phone calls unless it is from comp. Karma will catch up with him because as a doctor he is supposed to have his patients best interes at heart before an insurance company. Shame on him!!! I hope the Medical Board looks into his bad practices and takes his liscense!! Do not go to him it is a mistake!!

Horrible!!! show details Horrible!!!
Jun 24th, 2011

This workers comp RAT told me that the back/neck pain, numbing of my arms and hand and severe headaches I have would go away with time. I told him that I get nauseous and dizzy when that headaches come on and he told me there was nothing that could be done. I take pride in what I do and I do it with integrity and sincerity. This guy should be ashamed of himself!! He took an oath to treat patients not insurance companies. I can't wait for karma to get him and the lowlife insurance consultants that refer to him.

Feb 22nd, 2011

When I hear stories from other people who have gone through the same things that I have with different doctors I feel so fortunate to have found Dr. Giordano! He is great! The staff is wonderful, too!

jerk show details jerk
Jan 26th, 2011

wouldn't reccomend!ask what was wrong and why.then talk over me.spent 5 min with me then told me i could go back to work as a carpenter/labor.then the next sentence told me to be an accountant.

Sep 20th, 2010

DR. GIORDANO IS PROBABLY THE MOST UNPROFESSIONAL DOCTOR I'VE EVER VISITED AND IT APPEARES HE MOSTLY DEALS WITH COMP CASES. NOT ONLY DID HE TELL ME THERE WAS NOTHING HE COULD DO FOR MY SEVERE BACK PAIN(AFTER MRI SHOWED A HERNIATED DISK)HE WENT ON TO ASK ME WHY I COULDN'T UNDERSTAND THIS. WOW I DON'T KNOW! I THOUGHT I WENT TO A SPINE SPECIALIST, GUESS NOT. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND TRY ANOTHER DOCTOR.

Staff need to understand business practices show details Staff need to understand business practices
by RB on Dec 9th, 2009

Dr. Giordano may be the best doctor on earth. However, when his staff makes it difficult to arrange treatment, his skills become unimportant. I was given comflicting information and the courtesy of return calls is apparetnly not necessary for the doctor's staff. I would have preferred to have Dr. Giordano do my spinal fusion, but due to the fact that I could not get information from his staff, I hesitate to think of what I would need to do after the surgery.It seems to me that the doctor's staff has forgotten that the patient is the customer. Without customers, a business does not survive.

Apr 13th, 2009

On my way to first appointment, to discuss surgery for herniated disc, I called the office to report I would be 5 minutes late (traffic & weather). I had my MRI films, but was told I needed all studies, including a plain xray from my orthopedist. I asked if my mom (who was driving) could drop me off at Dr. G's office, quickly drive over to the orthopod's, get the xray and return. Staff told me this was absolutely unacceptable and that I wouldn't be seen unless I had that xray. I felt badly that I was running late as it was, and didn't want to hold up the appt even longer (another 10 minutes). The receptionist told me to not bother coming without the x-ray. So, we stopped to get the xray and were now 15 minutes late. When we arrived, I was told that the Dr. wouldn't see me, because I was late!!! Despite my severe symptoms, I was forced to reschedule to an appt 4 days later, with Dr. G's associate. At that appt Dr. N didn't even look at the xray, stating it was "unimportant".