Dr. Carl Orfuss MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6
  • 14 reviews

June 7th, 2016
Poor skills in field
The Doctor and his staff were rude and I observed even mean to sick and elderly patients missed my diagnosis did not send my records when requested I would strongly suggest a different choice for care

September 30th, 2015
Dr. Orfuss is great
Dr. Orfuss is a great doctor. He took his time to diagnosed my dad's weak arms and legs condition. He explained the tests results and showed us the MRI.

June 11th, 2015
God bless Dr. Orfuss
I have a permanently damaged nerve in my head which happened while re-opening the hole for a second brain surgery (both surgeries failed), which left me with many problems. My own surgeon, his colleagues and many other doctors I have see couldn't or wouldn't do anything about them. Dr Orfuss, while letting me know that nothing to be done about the damage, prescribed a medicine to ease the headache, neck and upper back pain caused by the damage. For the first time in 3 years, I had some painless nights and no pain during the day, unless I accidentally touched the hurt part accidentally. However, the medicine affected my memory very badly. Dr. Orfuss is still trying to find ways to tackle the problem. My heart-felt thanks and best wishes to Dr. Orfuss.

August 13th, 2014
Rudest staff. Just...wow.
I've never taken the time to do reviews, but I had to look this Dr. up to see his stats because of such rude, dismissive phone treatment by their phone attendant. There is always a nice way to say things, and someone manning the phones should speak kindly to their bosses clients. Especially when kindness and respect is given to them. This was also after getting a recording stating they won't open the phones until 10 (and I was calling at 10:15). I had to wait around, making me late for work myself, until they decided to show up for work (or do their job). He's a decent enough doctor, but if his business is in trouble it's because of poor staff selection. Hope he notices.

August 9th, 2014
I seen Dr. Orfuss today as a follow-up and he was just as rude and cantankerous as the intial consultation with him. He refused to go over the blood work or imaging results which he ordered with me . I had to ask to see another doctor. On top of that I really was disappointed with the entire experience at UCLA.

November 26th, 2012
Thorough and personable
I'm not sure what all the issues people have said about the staff - but I have found them very professional, organized and friendly. Dr. Orfuss is a straight forward thorough doctor. He had several tests run that my prior neurologist never even thought of - this helped in the diagnosis. I recommend Dr. Orfuss.

August 21st, 2012
horrible staff!
the only reason i will never go see dr. or fuss again is because of his staff specifically a lady named patty! she was so rude and unprofessional! mades dr. or fuss look bad!

June 28th, 2012
Arrogant and nonresponsive; records factually incorrect and grossly misrepresentative. Office refused to consider correction of record and unprofessional and rude. Retirement probably eminent.

July 16th, 2011
Wasn't satisfied, since I had to suggest he send me for Physical Therapy & did not even know where there was any.

June 14th, 2011
Jeannette
I went to see Dr. Orfuss for extreme migraines I had been having for years that no other Dr. had been able to diagnose. He sent me to get an MRI and found a hernia 5mm in my brain which turned out to be arnodl chiari type 1 a very rare disease but treatable which indeed he treated. I was finally rid of those debilitating migraines and am so grateful to Dr. Orfuss and will always be for the rest of my life. The staff was wonderful and so was he.

February 25th, 2011
A Fine Doctor
I found him to be interested and caring, & I liked his manner. I also liked the office help.

February 14th, 2011
an old-time doctor with no analytical skills. rushed out of the room, although no other patients were there.the staff is awful, particularly the lady Teresa. The doctor told her to get me an MRI that day or the next. He told me to wait there for her to do that and give me the paperwork. So I did, but Teresa refused to make the necessary calls right away, and in fact told me to leave. She didn't call me with the info so I couldn't get the MRI urgently as the doctor had ordered. I would avoid this place, will never go back.