Dr. Carol Russell, DO
Tompkinsville
131 Forest Ave
Staten Island, NY 10301
718-442-7700
Locations and availability (2)

|  Do not trust!  |  show details
by Does it matter? on Feb 3rd, 2013

I am and was very disappointed withndr Carol Russell.thinking because she was nice and knowing of her from when I use to work at siuh that she would be a week trusted dr.i shokd have known better when anytime I did have an appt I'd walk in and there be either two people waiting or none.but I thought it was awesome because I didn't have to wait long.i was pregnant in 2011 with my daughter who was my third child and had a wispy washy preg with her I kept having contractions starting in my seventh mo and naturally would go to l and d and it stop wood go home and follow up with de Russell and she and her staff thought I was a joke making fun of me and dr Russell making faces walking out of the room to insult me to her staff.while my kids were in waiting room witnessing all of this.really she's that immature?that infantile?i let that slide right,now she knew after my third pregnancy my husband and I wanted no more kids I stressed it over and over with her that I wanted my tubes tied burned whatever it took.she said ok no problem.well I go into labor have the baby and what does she tell me rightnafterningive birth ,oh I'm sorry but I can't tie your tubes because you were suppose to sign these sterilization papers a month prior to giving birth.whichni find out not to long so by dr marretti that that's a crock of bull and not true that if you have private insurance like I do and did that doesn't apply to me only to medicad users.that was that right.so after I go home I make an appt to see her to set an apptnto have tubes tied.while I'm at my appt she talks me into getting the adiana procedure done claiming its just as effective as getting my tubes tied but better because it's less invasive.she conned me into saying yes to it.i go two months after giving birth to have the adiana placed and after placement was told I have to wait four months to go to radiology to have this dye test done to make sure all went well.now in mean time never did she put me on birth control as a back up for the four months I had to wait to have dye test done.thats a big issue alone.on top of it I'm having my periods so severe every months bleeding two weeks a month flooding like periods where I couldn't leave the house.never in my life did I exp that before the adiana.i was exp other hormonal problems as well.i was gaining weight instead of loosing weight ,I was severely fatigued all the time severe mood swings numbness and tingles in arms and legs.i told her what I was going through and she was blaming it on just haing a baby mind you it was my third child and first time going through this.well I have dye test done guess what yup you got it one of my tubes didn't take to the procedure so for four months of not benig on birth control I could have gotten pregnant but didn't which i was glad but why didn't I also?i wasn't using birth control .i go to her office she gives me one mo of birth control,one month?intold her I wanted to be tied not to do same procedure she said ok.well I finish my pack and call her office to refill my prescription in meantime and they were giving me a hard time telling me no I have to come in for a checkup when I was there a mo ago I said absolutely not I shouldn't even have to be on bc that the whole point of me getting a tubalgation was to not be on it.i saidnhavebdr Russell call me back.waited andi waited and dr Russell never called me back.never got a refill.i was so mad.now my period so suddenly stopped intake preg test negative I wait couple of mo still no period took more preg test ,neg.dr Russell left me hanging never redid my tubalgation never did further testing on my changes from having adiana done,never called me back never gave me more bc.it was five months later and I have cvs calling me that dr Russell refilled my bc.really?five months later ?wooowww classy you think?im seeing another dr and she checks me i stopped getting period because I stopped ovulating,which now has caused severe cysts all over both ovaries whichnhavento be watched that they don't turn cancerous.two months later I find outmim pregnant don't know how that happened haven't had a period and wasn't ovulating for sever monthsnpriormto becoming pregnant.so needless to say,please be careful who you choose for your obgyn.donyour homework check reviews and look at all the negative ones,because the positive ones are from the staff themselves.do not go to dr Russell.im very upset and disappointed in her.

|  Excellent doctor  |  show details
Aug 9th, 2012

dr Russell is a amazing dr I have never felt more at ease and comfortable I no longer dread the gyn I loved her she is kind and patient and educated she took her time and answered all my questions I went in nervous and left calm so happy she's my dr now highly recommended

|  More like a Friend  |  show details
Jul 13th, 2012

Dr Russell is unlike any doctor I have ever had! She genuinely cares! From miscarriage to a baby she literally held my hand and was there for me the whole time! I highly recommend Dr. Russell!

Jun 30th, 2012

I'm new to staten island and chose Dr Russel based off reviews, and couldn't be happier.. She's understanding, patient and knowledgable. I feel comfortable during every visit. I've had great experience with her staff.. Although, the leader at front desk is a little grumpy, she's never been mean.... I go there for Dr Russel and soo glad I found her! Thank you!

Jun 28th, 2012

Dr. Russell always takes her time in assessing and hearing my needs and issues.

Mar 22nd, 2012

I felt immediately at ease. I did not feel rushed and called me to discuss my health.

|  Glad to have found her!  |  show details
Jun 7th, 2011

I am so glad to have found Dr. Russell! I had a very difficult pregnancy and delivery and she guided me through this time with such professionalism and with excellent results. I have felt extremely comfortable with her and her staff. She always makes time for you and is very knowledgable and available for questions. Overall, she is an excellent doctor!

|  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
Dec 9th, 2010

Dr. Russell is very knowledgeable, caring, easy to talk to and available. She works a lot, but is very much on top of things and I rarely felt rushed. Her staff is very friendly. She delivered my son this past July and I was definitely glad that she was there to be the one to bring him into the world.

|  The Greatest  |  show details
Oct 19th, 2010

I'm lost for words, describing Dr. Carol. from the moment you enter her office to the time you walk out, the atmosphere is very welcoming, cozy and family oriented. She is very caring and always available to you whenever you needs her. She is always on point and always get to the bottom of the issue.. I love and so will you.

|  great OBGYN  |  show details
by mo on Aug 17th, 2010

Never waited too long.. Made me feel comfortable through the whole process... Loved the staff.