Dr. Caroline Choan Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Caroline Choan?

July 14th, 2017

This doctor seems to be well qualified; however, they need to train their staff--or get rid of the dead weight in their staff. I went to see Dr. Choan and was diagnosed with a severe carpel tunnel problem. You would think that if it was severe that the records would have gone to the physician right away so I could have treatment; however, it's been two weeks and the doctor's office still does not have the results of that test. Based on the rest of the reviews on this site, you would think that Monarch would step in. Lots of luck with that.

June 16th, 2017

Outstanding, kind and patient.

Dr. Choan is not only a skilled neurologist but also an educator. She patiently teaches as she disagnosed my 30+ year struggle with migraines and neck pain. And, best of all, she found a solution and changed the quality of my life. I never feel rushed. It's important to be proactive in your own healthcare and she apparently follows this protocal. I am so grateful I found Dr. Choan.

April 21st, 2016

I love Dr. Choan but her office staff SUCKS. They are rude, condescending and STUPID. Nothing but problems from day one. I am now in the process of locating a new doctor because of her office staff. They also withhold your medical treatment. Not a good environment for me, time to move on............so sad.

May 11th, 2015

Both my mother and i are and were pts. Good care

February 15th, 2015

Horrible! Stay away!!!

They never, ever ever ever answer their phone. I'm desperate and in so much pain and I get the voicemail every single time I call :( truly awful!!

June 6th, 2014

Worse experience ever!

My doctor (who is wonderful) recommended me to Dr. Choan. I went to see her for several ailments. So far so good. When my appointment with her was over, I was told to go to her secretary to get my prescriptions, which I did. Her secretary told me she would mail them to me because she was very busy. OK. So two days after that I called so see if the prescriptions were mailed. I could not get an answer. So I called the next day, and the next, and the next day - and so on. The secretary hung up on me twice ---- and I am a nice person and it very important to me to be kind to everyone regardless. I told my husband about the rudeness and hoped that he would get a better respond. He was shocked at the rudeness. The final story of this is: It took 3 weeks, with many many phone calls to get my prescription! I won't be going back.

February 24th, 2013

My Dad with Alzheimer's

Dr. Choan should not deal with men not alone men with Alzheimer's ! She is very impatient and cold. All she does is prescribe drugs and what surprises me is that she prescribes drugs that Alzheimer patients should never take like Ambien. I always went with my Dad to his appointments and tried to talk to her privately. She would rush me and one time closed her office door in my face when I tried to take a few minutes of her precious time. All she care about is billing the insurance companies and money it seems...not people! NO STARS FOR HER!

February 28th, 2012

Worst MD Experience Ever

I have been a patient of Dr. Choan's for over three years. She seemed ok and friendly at first. She helped me with the pain of my migraines and back pain from fibromyalgia, and diagnosed my extensive osteoarthritis. The meds she prescribed at first did work for me. She seemed to accept the fact that I had severe fibromyalgia. It came out later, though, that she didn't truly believe I had FM, even though I had been diagnosed by a nationally known rheumatologist 20 years previous. As my health became worse, she became impatient with me. She prescribed various meds, most of which I ended up not being able to tolerate, due to side effects. No doctor has ever made me so sick as Dr. Choan did, with the amount of new medications she was giving me (Lyrica, Savella, etc). She had me take MRIs, and when they came back showing severe degenerative disk disease, stenosis, etc., she just prescribed more pills. When my pain became too much for me, I asked what else I could do for help. She actually told me - to my face - that she didn't believe that I had so many side effects to meds, and if I didn't tolerate one more (new drug) attempt, then that was all she could do for me. If she had only understood about my fibromyalgia...she never did a tender point exam (actually, she never even touched me, or took blood pressure even). Her behavior became more and more eratic. On my last visit, she actually reiterated three times that she didn't believe me about my side effects to the meds she had prescribed. Then, she proceeded to laugh uncomfortably, and give me a hug, while I was crying due to her badgering me in the office, while I was trying to explain my sensitivity to meds. I thought there was something really wrong with her that she would laugh and try to hug me while I was crying. What a fake person, and horrible doctor she turned out to be. There's something wrong with this person, that she could behave like this. She has problems, and I only wish I had known much, much sooner. I requested copies of my medical records from her office, and got out of there. Don't ever get involved with her.

August 26th, 2010

Very good doctor

Dr. Choan is very thorough, patient, and respectful, and does whatever it takes to get to the diagnosis. The waiting time is sometimes 15-30 min., but that's okay because the docs who get behind in their schedules are the ones who take the time to listen.

October 29th, 2009

Uniformed and No Followup

Dr. Choan was great at first, but when I had follow up questions about my PT she took more than a week to respond despite constant calls from me and messages left from her staff. She was also unaware of a common procedure called inversion traction, which is what the PT a friend recommended to me offers. Come to find it is the good solution and baffled how doctor and office were unaware of what it was.

September 15th, 2008

Great Experience

Dr. Choan is a very kind person. She is caring and concerned and will spend time discussing any and all concerns.

October 13th, 2017