Dr. Carolyn Jacob MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

March 31st, 2017
Thermage laser
Went to her years ago for Thermage treatment around my chin area. Immediately noticed afterward the texture of my skin was awful. Looked old and wrinkly. Wish I had never gone to this doctor.

April 5th, 2015
Dismissed my concerns after a botched procedure
I met with Dr. Jacob after one of her physicians completely botched a fraxel procedure in her office. It was clear that Dr. Jacob could see that their was damage but tried to place it all on me claiming it was stress that was making my skin worse and that the laser performed could never do this to my skin. I can't believe the arrogance of this doctor and her unwillingness to accept the fact that the laser from her office ruined my skin forever.

January 22nd, 2015
Disappointed
Keep looking...this doctor is all about selling you beauty, not much of a doctor

August 1st, 2012
Honest and profesional
I went there for consultation and wanted to have a cool lipo done. Was told that it's not for me because I don't have enough fat. If I had gone to another dr. they would have taken my money and operated on me. I really appreciated their honesty and will go back again for anything I need. DC, Chicago

April 6th, 2012
Dr Jacobs wrote a medical paper regarding the treatment of the "tyndal effect" or bluish tint in the skin from fillers. I had aquamid injected 5 years ago that caused discoloration and or bumps or granulomas. Dr Jacobs was able to assist me in removing the material on several occasions. She is excellent, and highly recommended.

April 4th, 2012
Poor bedside manner & unfriendly.
Visiting Dr. Jacobs is like going to a drive thru, she has little to no empathy for her patients. Poor care and poor service.

October 18th, 2011
Wonderful Doctor
I have used and currently use quite a few of Dr. Jacob's services. I started seeing Dr. Jacob a little over 10 years ago and have followed her wherever she has gone. She now owns a beautiful facility in the heart of River North. I have referred many people who continue to thank me for it. She has the latest up to date equipment and cutting edge procedures. I am thankful for all the quality work she and her staff have performed on me. I think this is a major contributing factor to me looking younger than my years (I still get carded and I am 42). In addition to Dr. J, I love the staff they are very friendly and her assistants (I forget what you call them) are amazing! I would highly recommend this derm office for its excellent services, experience and efficiency. I am extremely satisfied with my experiences and wouldn't ever go anywhere else.

August 23rd, 2011
42 year old cosmetic patient
Dr. Jacob has the talent of a gifted artist concerning the face. She quickly is able to identify the problem area and then explain thoroughly what the options are to improve that area. I have always been pleased and sometime even pleasantly surprised with the work she has done on my face. I will continue going to Dr. Jacob as long as she is in practice.

August 22nd, 2011
Dr Jacob is exactly what I look for in a doctor. She is fully qualified and knows her stuff. She is easy to talk with and actually listens to what I'm saying. Her personal manner and friendliness are rarities in this day and age! I always feel as though I'm fully taken care of and that I matter to her and her staff. I absolutely recommend Dr Jacob to anyone searching for a dermatologist.

August 22nd, 2011
Great experience
From the moment I walked into Dr. Jacob's office I felt at ease. The receptionist was very friendly and the whole "vibe" of her office was very soothing! Dr. Jacob is very personable and so knowledgeable on the latest information in her field. I left feeling I received the most up to date information, and felt I made the right decision...not to mention the results were AMAZING!!!

February 14th, 2011
Fab doctor...and so fun
I saw Dr. Jacob a couple of times, contemplating getting a little filler put in my lips. I was nervous about it and put it off--several of my friends had painful experiences with it in the past. I finally mustered up enough guts, and I honestly don't know what I was worried about. Dr. Jacob was so kind and funny, I forgot that I was in a doctor's office. I iced my lips before she did the procedure, and I barely noticed any of the injections--I didn't even bruise. I love my lips now--they are me, just a slight enhancement. I recommend all of my friends to her.

December 11th, 2008
Best Aesthetic Derm
Dr. Jacob is by far the best at doing various aesthetic procedures. My personal experience was with Botox.