Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Associates In Obstetrics & Gynecology
1615 Hospital Pkwy
Ste 100
Bedford, TX 76022
817-554-0830
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

|  Love this doctor  |  show details
by cathy curl on Apr 6th, 2014

I absolutely love this doctor. I would never consider changing. She saved my life in 2013. Discovered uterine cancer. Had a total hysterectomy. No more cancer. She's so compassionate. Really cares about each and every woman she treats. Would recommend her to anyone.

|  Very caring physician  |  show details
Oct 5th, 2013

I went to a doctor in Irving for 25 years, since I was 19. He always dismissed my problems. I changed to dr Spurdon and she found my problem right away. I have been going to her for 15 years and have always been completely happy with her! She is very caring and always ask what. is going on in your life. I always , immediately get results of my Pap smear right away in the mail.

|  Office is Horrible- excellent Dr. not worth the trouble....  |  show details
Oct 12th, 2012

Dr. Spurdon is awesome, however her business/ office staff is horrible. I have been a patient of hers for over 11 years, I went for my annual well woman exam, never recieved my results. I had to call the office to get my results, they also sent me a bill for 100.00 for a office visit. They stated that because I spoke with Dr. Spurdon during my visit that I was to be charged a office visit, even though I was already there for my annual well woman. I feel this is highly unfair and the office found a way to get some kind of copay out of a patient. I had been leaving messages for the office mgr from 9/18 -10/12, and during that time only rec'd one call back, and they told me they were going to have to speak with Dr. Spurdon and they would call me back next day, did this happen... NO.... I finally started called twice a day and got someone again, today I was told they would speak with Dr. Spurdon and have her call me. Time will tell if that will actually happen or if I will have to call them again.

|  Worst doctor ever!  |  show details
Oct 5th, 2012

Dr spurdon is the rudest doctor I have ever encountered! She shared a practice with the OB that delivered my baby and I ended up seeing her once for a prenatal appointment. She insulted me several times during that appointment. I asked to never see her again and begged my primary OB not to let her deliver my child if my primary wasn't on call when I went into labor. Even the nurses at the hospital spoke poorly of her. Luckily enough she did not deliver my baby but I did have the misfortune of her seeing me in the hospital post partum, where she insulted me further. Apparently she is ex military so she thinks she can treat all of her patients like they are in boot camp. I do not understand how she even is licensed to practice medicine with the way she behaves. Shame on you, dr spurdon.

|  Still have Horrible Memories of her Care 19 Years after Delivery  |  show details
by Glad I got Smart! on Oct 10th, 2011

Dr. Spurdon delivered my child 19 years ago and to date it is the very worst experience I have ever had with a physician.She was not only the most uncaring, condescending person (much less physician) I have ever experienced,but she also really missed the mark on almost everything related to the delivery of my child.Thank God for the caring nurses at the hospitals that she has privileges at, because if not, I would have had to have a C-section in addition to all of the trauma that Dr. Spurdon caused during what should have been a happy time in one's life.If this will give anyone an indication of her bedside manner, 19 years after delivering my baby, I will never ever forget her coming into the room after I had been in labor for almost 8 hours.She walked to the side of the bed, slapped at my hand (I'm assuming in an attempt to "pat" it) and said (and this is a quote that I will never forget) "If you are not going to have an epidural, you are going to have to TOUGHEN UP!" and she turned around and walked out of the room. What kind of monster, much less OB-Gyn, says something like that to her patient who is in pain and has been that way for many hours? She was not my doctor, but was "on call" when I went into labor. My experience was so bad that I refused to go back to her for a follow up. I'm not sure if her partner is still Dr. Preston, who was a wonderful doctor (except for his choice in partners), but the fact that Dr. Spurdon could have delivered another one of my babies was enough to make be run as fast as possible from that practice. There are very few times in my life that I don't look back at with joy, but Dr. Spurdon literally made the birth of my first child one of the most negative experiences of my life...and that is with 19 years hindsight. If you are considering Dr. Spurdon....run...run as fast as you can!

by Janice S on Jan 27th, 2011

I have found Dr. Spurdon to be an excellent, caring doctor who I trust. I wouldn't want to go to anyone else.

Mar 10th, 2010

She is so very rude! She made me feel like I was unimportant and just another paitent in her day. She is not my doctor but I was required to see her. I left the office crying. At my next appointment I requested not to see her again and the office manager was totaly rude and belittled me! This was the second time I had to talk to her and both times she was completely rude. This office was the first OBGYN I have ever had and have been there for 5 years. This is the first time I have ever had a problem and these are the only two people that have ever been rude to me. I am very laid back and easy going and love every other doctor I have seen in there as well as the staff. I hate to say after 5 years I am regretfully switching doctors because of these two people. I refuse to drive 45 minutes out of my way to be treated like crap.

|  Teacher  |  show details
by Monica Schuetze on Jan 7th, 2010

I have been seeing Dr. Spurdon for about 19 years now! She is amazing. I have other health issues, and she has been great working with me and all my issues. She is the best!

Oct 5th, 2009

She was completly rude and talked down to me when i asked questions. She even diagnosed me with something that was the total opposite of what i really had.

by Jennah G. on Feb 9th, 2009

Dr. Spurdon has delivered both of my babies and I wouldn't trust the task to anyone else but her. She took such great care of me and was very diligent in making sure that my baby and I were in the best of health. I felt very safe in her care.