Family Physicians

Carolina East Family Care
3282 Charles Blvd
Greenville, NC 27858
252-756-3713
Locations and availability (2)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Mar 21st, 2014

He's very kind, but a little too quick to prescribe medication instead of taking the time to find the true cause of my condition and therefore being able to prescribe a non-medicinal cure.

|  bad experience  |  show details
by xyz on Feb 23rd, 2014

Dr. J may have been good at one time and he was recommended to me and was able to get an appointment pretty quickly. I have numerous specialty issues and he did refer me out immediately for those needs. I feel, however, that he has recently come to rely to heavily on his interns and has lost the personal interest in his patients and their (my) care suffered greatly at the expense of it in the very recent past (early Sept. 2013). If you have the option, I would recommend finding a different primary care before it is too late.

Oct 2nd, 2013

I walked into the office because it is so close to my home and due to an injury I had to drive myself with my left hand. I walked in an explained I had no driver's license, no insurance card, and no credit card and no cash. I had left them all in my pocket book in Raleigh the previous day and they were in transit from Raleigh. The staff was exceptional.....they actually listened, very rare these days, and took me back to x ray immediately. I was in and out in the no time I would have been in the waiting room for my doctor IF his staff would have deemed me worthy, which from past experience, I doubt.

|  Dr. J equals ultimate care optimum health  |  show details
by Solliah B on Aug 15th, 2013

I thank God everyday for Dr. jahrsdorfer who literally saved my life. He found a cancer that a previous doctor overlooked and dismissed as a cyst. He is truly an angel and his warm smile and pleasant demeanor are an added plus. His staff are very professional and ever so caring. Joan is the best in proviciency and a pleasure to talk to. Charlie is a saint and Doreen is amazing. I love them all.

|  Med student - great example!  |  show details
Oct 17th, 2012

Dr. J is a wonderful physician. He is caring and compassionate and always does a great job. As a medical student, I feel that he does a great job going through a differential diagnosis, educating the patient, and, most of all, he has an excellent bedside manner! I have recommended Dr. J to my fellow students and friends and am very thankful to call him my family doctor!

Jul 25th, 2012

Love Dr. Jahrsdorfer. Smart, on the job, accurate and ond the job

Feb 4th, 2012

I've been with Dr. Jahrsdorfer for 5 years. He actually SAVED my life when no one else could help me and thats why I want to write about him. Over the past 5 years, I have personally known him to be the most kind, caring, sincerer and gentlest persons. I know he cares about me not because he says so but because of his actions. I have been able to reach him over the past years at night, over the weekend, etc when other doctors would simply not take your calls. When you need him he is there for you. I have watched his business grow since I have been with him and it is well deserved. I have not lacked anything in his growth. His business has grown not because of fancy advertisements but because of his conduct and reputation. I am nurse in the heart center @ PMCH and I know he is well respected by our staff. His views are highly respected and he is well thought of. He is the medical doctor of many of the staff I work with which includes our Cardiologist. We can pick whom ever we want to be our primary physician and we have chosen him by choice and would continue to recommend him to our family and friends without reservation. If youre looking for a medical doctor who will genuinely care for you and treat you like family, you must see Dr. Jahrsdorfer.

Dec 2nd, 2010

I heard about Dr. Jahrsdorfer for a long time. My friends and family told me he could find out what was wrong with me but I thought a doctor is a doctor. I got to the point where I felt so bad I gave him a try. After two meetings he had me feeling better that I had in the past 20 years. I simply can't believe it. GO SEE DR. J

Nov 17th, 2010

Dr J is a very caring doctor. He knows his patients names by face, he does not treat his patients as a number. He will explain things in terms that they can understand. He will also sit with his patients for as long as they need him. Highly reccomended!!

|  CORTNEY JAHRSDORFER  |  show details
by Dr. Js daughter on Jul 29th, 2010

Im Dr. Js daughter and i have to say my dad is one of the best all around guys..... and he will do anything for anyone to make sure that they are healthy and well.. so i think so all of you who have something negative to say try and remember he is only one person and there is 5000 patients.. after the work day i see him go home and go over all the charts from that day and make sure he gets your labs reviewed. i think its pretty proposterous that anyone could say bad things about a man you bust his butt everyday to make sure his patients are well taken care of. I am not just saying this because hes my dad, but because its the truth. so if you have negative things to say please refrain from posting them on the internet! thanks CORTNEY JAHRSDORFER

|  MD  |  show details
by PCMH Rehab MD on Jul 25th, 2010

I heard of him from "MOST" of my coworkers and friends." He is most humble. Will do what ever he can to help you. He takes his time in explaining things and helps you to know what is really going on. It is like having him as a family member and I can say enough about him and his care for me.

|  Not what I expected  |  show details
Jun 11th, 2010

I did a lot of research before chosing a doctor and according to the reviews he was outstanding. That was not my experience. Although it was easy to get an appointment and his nurse Candice was great I found him to generally unimpressive. He didn't seem to care at all, Candice did most of the work and the follow up was non existant. It took 6 days and me calling 3 times to get my blood test results back. Even then, instead of calling (which the nurse said he would do) to see how I was feeling he sent a letter. He must not have heard me the numerous times I said I was having blood sugar spikes and I was feeling terrible....anyways he is the reason why I do not trust doctors and I will not be going back to him. What a waste of time and money. I would not recommend him to anyone.

Apr 19th, 2010

I needed a good Doctor so I asked around. Most all the people I spoke to use Dr. Jahrsdorfer. The key was the yall told me they love him. I have not heard many people speacking about a Doctor they loved. Well I made my aptointmnetI needed a good Doctor so I asked around. Most all the people I spoke to use Dr. Jahrsdorfer. The key was they all told me they love him. I have not heard many people speaking about a Doctor they loved. Well I made my appointment and met Dr. J as he likes to be called. He was very nice, friendly, made me feel comfortable right away. I had my physical exam and went home. He told me he would have the lab results back soon and if there was a reason to see me he would call me, if not I would receive my labs in the mail in about 2 weeks. Well he was right. He sent me my labs in about 4 days. I was OK. I was so happy I called to let them know how thankful I was for the care and concern I had received. Dr, Jahrsdorfer is extremely nice and..well is one of us.

|  CEO...of his Competitor  |  show details
by APT on Apr 13th, 2010

Dr. Jahrsdorfer is a power house! I was the CEO of the biggest Medical facility in Greenville. (Often called the mall.) Im writing this because I want you to know Dr. Jahrsdorfer is a power house!The best Doctor I know. I learned of him through my staff which was reporting our losses over time to his practice. People were leaving all of our doctors to establish care with Dr. Jahrsdorfer. At first I was angry and felt very competitive, even threatenedCertainly we can do what he is doing to maintain our patients trust and confidence. But I was wrong. Dr. Jahrsdorfer is a natural, he is a one and only, and actually cares most for his patients and will do what ever needs to be done to obtain the correct diagnosis for his patient. Politician from all over our country have asked for his help and input with respect to the current health care crises. He is a leader. He has received more respect from our patient population than any other Doctor I know. But he deserves that respect. I stand by him and wish he would run for office so we had some we can really trust defending our life and liberty.

|  I Owe My Life to him  |  show details
Nov 8th, 2009

I went to my family doctor for years. He finally retired so I had to find a new doctor. Almost every one I asked told me to go and see this guy named Dr. J. Well in one meeting he told me I had a murum, and thought other thing were wrong so he got blood and some test's. Well Dr. J was right. I had to have heart surgeruy to fix what was wrong. To make a long story short, I can now keep up with my grandchildren and I feel better than I have felt in the longest time. I'm having someone else type this because I do not knot how but I love Dr. J.Barney.

Sep 3rd, 2009

I heard of Dr. Jahrsdorfer from the doctor I work with. His patients love him so I thought I would try him. All the nurses I know from the hospital use him and "Love" him. I meet him and with in one week he was able to DX me with several conditions and help me fix what is wrong. I have hope and am so very glad I used Dr "J" as we know him.

by Michael B. on Aug 20th, 2009

He saved my life! What else can I say. I saw several doctors who either told me what I had was in my head or nothing that could be treated. Dr. Jahrsdorfer took the time and figured out what was wrong. He treated me, and I'm now cured. If I didn't see Dr. "J", I believe I would have died.

|  Dr. J  |  show details
by Lee on Dec 31st, 2008

Best doctor i have seen in Greenville , Very friendly staff always a clean office and I would recommend him to my family and friends !!!!!!!!

|  Best Family Medical Doctor there is  |  show details
by Low B12 on Dec 3rd, 2008

My old family doctor never really gave me the time or the attention I felt I needed. I heard about Dr. Jahrsdorfer from several of my friends who work at the same hospiatl he does. They told me I was crazy not to try him. I did, and they were right. Within our first meeting Doctor Jahrsdorfer told me what he thought was wrong with me. He tested my blood and found he was right. He treated me, and I have never felt better. I'm sorry I waited to change Doctors.