A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Charles Akins, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
He has special expertise in 1 Area, including Anterior Segment Surgery.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Akins graduated from University of Mississippi , Jackson.More Education & Awards
Dr. Akins has 5 hospital affiliations:
- St Joseph Regional Health Center
- College Station Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Akins accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 20 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 2 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
- Humana - 16 plans
- Superior Health Plan - 1 plan
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. Charles Akins:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Charles W. Akins practice?
Dr. Charles Akins practices Ophthalmology and Surgery near Bryan, TX.
Additional practice locations include: College Station, TX.
See Bryan Ophthalmologists and Bryan Surgeons.
- Similar Physician Names
- Dr. Carl Akins, Dr. Carlo Akins, Dr. Carlos Akins, Dr. Charley Akins