Dr. Chi Shum Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Chi Shum?

COPD

COPD

Have you seen Dr. Chi Shum?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

November 29th, 2016

Considerate and professional

November 5th, 2015

Absolutely a great DR. He stuck by me and finally connected me with the specialist I needed and now im fighting a cancer I didn't know was there,and thanks to him I caught it and fought it early enough! I can't say enough about what a truly great Dr and person he is!

October 10th, 2015

That was quick!

I don't understand such positive reviews for this doctor. He really is not thorough at all. Very, very quick visit. He smiles, nods his head & you're out the door. Is that what people consider being good doctor? I also had some strange, very out of range results on my blood test. He just smiled. It's so easy to get an appt because he doesn't spend time with patients. Therefore, he can fit in a LOT of patients in every day!

September 25th, 2015

brilliant! responds very quickly to e-mail! dr. shum is an excellent doctor!

July 2nd, 2015

Truly a humanitarian and a find out

August 28th, 2014

Disinterested

I went once & will now look for a new doctor. A nice man but much more interested in keeping the visit to 15 min than in the patients problem. As a new patient I brought my most recent blood test from my last doctor. He didn't even look at them. I was never asked to fill out any Medical History papers. He asked me a few general questions abt my health. That was it! He merely glanced at the problem I came in for. Never asked a single question about it such as how long I'd had it, pain, etc. With new patients doctors normally spend more time. Not Dr. Shum (I believe they are also paid more for a first visit.). I was with him 17 minutes. I requested general blood tests & expected the results to be mailed to me like EVERY other doctor does. Nope. After waiting & waiting I called his office. Turns out you must ask for them via email! This is something I should have been told at the time of my visit. Would they just sit in a folder if I didn't follow up?? Too rushed, too many patients. Nice guy but I want a doctor who cares about me, not the clock.

May 2nd, 2014

A Brilliant Physician

I speak highly of him all the time. His bedside manner is gentle and caring.

July 30th, 2013

Dr. Shum is the most thorough, prompt and responsive primary care physician I have ever seen. Dr. Shum initially flagged an issue for me that other specialists had missed and even dismissed. Ultimately the issue was found to be cancer. I am only ok today because Dr. Shum found it so early and took my care so seriously. His follow up with patients is inspiring. Dr. Shum immediately returns calls and answers emails from patients which is unheard of in the medical field. He sets a very high bar for other doctors to meet, but I hope the rest follow his lead !

April 30th, 2013

Courteous and attentive

No one probably "really" enjoys visits to the Doctor's office, but to the extent possible that they actually could be enjoyable, Dr Shum is probably the most likely one to provide that sentiment! I have been with Dr Shum since 2005 and have always been treated very respectfully, never felt rushed, and always been able to get an appointment very quickly if I had to. I also always felt like I got taken care of very well, and of course still do, and I really appreciate that. If I had something really urgent, Dr Shum would really try to accommodate me even if he was very busy, and I feel like he always go the extra mile to make sure his patients are happy. If I have specific suggestions or requests as for what kind of treatment I need, he always listens to that and tries to accommodate me, as long as it is within reason. Wait times are usually very low, and office staff are efficient too... They expanded their offices recently and added more rooms, and the new office feels very fresh and nice. I have been with Dr Shum for about 8 years, and plan to stay with him. If anyone is looking to establish a longer term professional relationship with a doctor that you can trust and that you can follow over time, I would highly recommend that you consider Dr Shum.

April 13th, 2012

Dr. Shum is a excellent doctor. I can not say enough good things about him and his practice. He is very friendly, kind, a good listener and has a excellent bedside demeanor. He has helped us with our various health problems throughout the years and has sent us to specialists when needed and he always follows up with the outcome. He does not rush through his patients like other new doctors you may come across in manhattan. My husband and I have both been patients of Dr. Shums for the last five years. We have sent other family members as well as friends to Dr. Shum and they always leave his office very happy with his diagnosis and meeting Dr.Shum.

March 6th, 2012

excellent doctor! we love dr. shum

May 19th, 2011

They just dont get any better then Dr Shum...

Trying to find a primary care doctor is painful and overwhelming and I am so LUCKY and thankful that I found Dr Shum. He has wonderful bedside manner and is very thourough. I email him with questions and he writes me back within minutes. What other doctor do you know does that? Dr. Shum is phenominal.