Dr. Christian Nwankwo Jr MD Patient Reviews

2.7

March 2nd, 2014
Narcoleptic doctor
I would not ever recommend this so called Dr. to anyone. He falls asleep during exams and consults. He does not listen to the problem at hand, maybe because he's asleep. I needed pain medication and what he tried to give me was something that i had literally just told him that had given me dangerous side effects, and all this after a 3 hour wait. My scheduled appointment was at 2 and I was not called back to see his nodding out butt until 5. I was triaged then with him, i asked for a refill until I could get into pain management and was completely denied as well as ignored for an additional hour. A week later I received a letter stating my behavior in the office was unruly and will no longer be seen in that office. If you can find another doctor for your needs, I advise that unless you're African.

February 11th, 2013
Worse Place Ever
NEVER GO TO THIS PLACE..MAKE YOUR appointment for 1 time and make you wait more than 2 or 3 hours and the Worse Office Staff...Worse Doctor.. Never Know what is wrong with the patients...UGLY

February 2nd, 2013
absolutely the worse place ever
this is the worst doctor office I've ever been too. 1st this is a general doctor, meaning all sorts of patients. children, pregnant women, young adult, older adult so you have to wait at least 2-3 hours before you see the doctor. 2nd they always schedule you early in the morning when the only doctor working don't get in until 11. 3rd the examine room is really filthy and disgusting. and forth the doctor will tell you all this things you need to get done that's beyond unnecessary so he can get more money. so if you want great service, a clean and safe environment STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE.

September 5th, 2012
Stay away!
STAY AWAY! The office is FILTHY! You go in with an illness but come out with another. The rooms are GROSS. They never clean their equipment and the staff are VERY unprofessional. When I went there, there was another man walking out because he had waited over 1 hour for the doctor. The ER is faster than this office. TRUST ME.

July 31st, 2012
I would not recommend this doctor to anyone unfornately. They are unprofessional and you are guaranteed to wait over an hour with a scheduled appointment. The doctor's bedside manner is almost non existent. Go at your own risk.

March 6th, 2012
B & B
We have been seeing Dr Nwankwo for about 11 yrs and he is the best. He listens and he cares. He is quick not prescribe medicine and I love that. But, he expects the patient to do exactly what is asked to get the results in place of the medicine. He has treated us as family and sent my husband and I to the same doctors that he see. The staff is very professional but everyone has a bad day every now and then. I don't it personal when it happens. The wait is little long sometimes but it's worth it. Thanks for helping to save my husband's life Dr Nwankwo and staff.

January 27th, 2012
Office staff is very rude. Will never go there!

June 28th, 2011
rude staff
His assistant Martina is the rudest person in world. She does not spell check the reports and letter she sends out. I would have rated it with negative stars but the website does not give you that option. Also, their billing rate is way high compared to other doctors in Hyattsville.

April 15th, 2011
Worth the wait... Caring
Very busy office. My first appointment at his office, I waited for almost 45 minutes before being seen. I was a bit annoyed, but all that disappeared once I got to the exam room. I had switched from another doctor I had been with for 7 years who no longer took my insurance. Dr. Nwanko seemed very open to hearing about my health issues and how my old doctor and I were managing my care for a chronic disease. I was a bit apprehensive about starting over with a new doctor, but I am happy I found this office. Maybe one reason for the wait time is because Dr. Nwanko spent so much time with me, which I appreciated. He seemed to genuinely care about me. Try to get the first appointment of the day, that seems to work best for me... in and out. Make sure you ask the staff to check the schedule well. They also have weekend appointments.

August 15th, 2010
Best bet is to find another...
This doctor is all about the money. He has told me to change insurance companies based on how much they give him and cover. He says PPO covers better and pays him more so it is a "win-win situation. I think the most RIDICULOUS thing is that he has fallen asleep during a consult with me. This guy sucks and is not "cutting edge" nor well versed on the current or lastest medicinal advances. Trust me...find another.

April 29th, 2010
He sucks to me.
It is very easy to set up an appointment or a follow up because they welcome the money. I had a workers case and the information they put in my medical file was incorrect. I lost my case because of that. My diagnos was incorrect I started having pains on the right side of my tummy over a year ago and he still has not figured out what is the problem. I have seen other people complaining just as well. he is not getting 5 stars from me. He also works with another doctor and half the time he does not agree with the other treatment.

June 23rd, 2009
I find Dr. Nwankwo more than just adequate and competent. He is very concerned about you as a patient. He remembers you when you come in. He is not in a rush to empty his waiting room. He is attentive to your needs and does not rush to make a snap diagnosis. If you need a referral, I find that the doctors he refers you to are of the same high quality and dedicated to the patient as whole person. When I leave the office I feel like everyone there cares about my well-being.