A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Christopher Bowens:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Christopher Bowens is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Christopher Bowens, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Bowens graduated from UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson, Piscataway.
Dr. Bowens has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Union Hospital of Cecil County
- Christiana Care Health Services
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Bowens accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Priority Partners - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 20 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 2 plans
- CareFirst - 6 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Delaware - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Christopher A. Bowens practice?
Dr. Christopher Bowens practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Cardiology, and Nuclear Cardiology near Newark, DE.
Additional practice locations include: Wilmington, DE and Middletown, DE.
See Newark Internists and Newark Cardiologists.