A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Christopher Michelsen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Christopher Michelsen is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Christopher Michelsen, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Ankle Disorders
- Back Injuries
- Head and Neck Disorder
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Spinal Fractures
Education & Awards
Dr. Michelsen graduated from Columbia University, New York. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Michelsen has 14 hospital affiliations:
- New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
- St Luke's Roosevelt Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Michelsen accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 3 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 4 plans
- Healthfirst - 11 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Christopher B. Michelsen practice?
Dr. Christopher Michelsen practices Orthopaedic Surgery near New York, NY.
See New York Orthopedic Surgeons.