A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Christopher Michelsen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Christopher Michelsen is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Michelsen
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Michelsen Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Christopher Michelsen, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Ankle Disorders
- Back Injuries
- Head and Neck Disorder
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Spinal Fractures
Education & Awards
Dr. Michelsen graduated from Columbia University, New York. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Michelsen has 14 hospital affiliations:
- New York Presbyterian Hospital / The Allen Pavilion
- New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Christopher B Michelsen MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 43 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Christopher B. Michelsen practice?
- Dr. Christopher Michelsen has 1 office location.
Dr. Christopher Michelsen practices Orthopaedic Surgery near New York, NY.
See New York Orthopedic Surgeons.