Dr. Christopher Scaven DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2
  • 22 reviews

July 19th, 2016
NOT ACCOMMODATING AT ALL!!!!!!!!! STAFF ARE VERY RUDE.........
The staff & office have A lot of issues!!! THEY ARE RUDE AND VERY LAZY..WHEN MY CHILD WAS VERY SICK AND I CALLED FOR HIM TO CALL IN A SCRIPT FOR HER SYMPTOMS THEY SAID SHE NEEDS TO SEE THE DR OK I SAID CAN I BRING HER OVER THAT WAS ABOUT 5:45 PM ON A MONDAY IN WHICH THEY ARE OPEN TO 7 PM THE PERSON AT THE FRONT DESK WHO WAS VERY NASTY SAID WE ARE DONE FOR THE DAY I SAID BUT AREN'T YOU OPEN UNTIL 7, HER COMMENT WAS YES BUT HE HAS 2 MORE PATIENTS AND IS NOT SEEING ANYMORE TONIGHT.....THERE WAS NO ONE THERE WAITING TO SEE HIM EITHER YOU CAN'T GET A REGULAR APPOINTMENT AND DEFINITELY CAN NOT GET A SICK APPOINTMENT... I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO NO ONE EVER!!!!!!EINSTEIN MEDICAL CENTER IS HORRIBLE!!!!

August 1st, 2015
Shockingly Poor Office
Contacting this office is horrible. can't get thru. they don't return calls. Dr. Scaven is OK but it is now becoming virtually impossible to remain at this office. Because of this i would never consider going to Einstein Hospital in a million years because they staff this place. They obviously couldn't care less about patients. Small improvement in staff in last year but still unacceptable and the worst of all doctors offices i have ever dealt with. Stay away. I wish I had!

March 9th, 2014
TOTALLY TURNED OFF LIKE NO OTHER OFFICE & DOCTOR
Every item they ask u to select such as ease of appt, bedside manner, follows up, ect.. are all EXACTLY WHAT DOES NOT HAPPEN AT THIS OFFICE. The office is impossible to get into, and even though u have a 15 minute past your appt time to still be seen, i have been told its too late when it was 5 minutes and 7! after weeks of waiting for things that were not to be put off as they needed testing weekly.. Nothing changed once i told the dr. I told him in confidence things i wanted to be honest about and brought all the paperwork to show from past doctors. I was more than honest! Instead i too have been treated like a non entity..waiting for hours(several times) in the waiting room even as he took many who came in after me, and i sat alone as all went to lunch only to be seen last..more than one time.. I get the feeling he dont like me and he lets it be known ..HOW RUDE.. i have never been disliked by anyone or dr.s that literally let me know by their treatment of me. If the board saw how i was treated with all my ailments and diseases he would be fired. NOBODY DESERVES THAT,BUT ESP. ONE WHO HAS SOOO MUCH WRONG WITH THEM! He looks at me as if i am crazy when i say anything to him, so i dont even want to talk .. just get my referrals and get out of this office soon as i find a normal dr.(after this experience i am scared to get another him, and office so inefficient! I have had tests, perscriptions,ect. that we are told to call in and will get a call back by the next day..never happens! I have been with out the medicine i need for days sick in bed as he cant get me in or call me back...i have had serious surgery only a few months ago and cant get in to get a referral and ck up since they didnt have appts. and when i finally got to the long awaited appointment it was a snow day and was told they were closed. i understand that, but three t imes last year i was told on days i had appts. that i didnt... He purposely makes one try to feel like an idiot but i realize he is the only one that is making himself look like one, for many of his waiting patients have complained to me about their own experiences and could see how i was treated as he came into the waiting room after hours of waiting speaking to me like i was a pesky patient. i have been nothing but too easy going..obviously maybe being a squeky wheel would get me further..now he only is referring to his team of drs. when i have specialists in those fields for years. I went to a few and they were just as odd...I am not just a yearly visit person, to them he is probly great with just small things like shots and looking at ones throat... but with all my health issues i need a dr with sincere caring and no game playing..and trust me he plays games with the waiting and coming out to the wait room to think he will say something that is only a big no no for him, even the staff looked sick as they saw the treatment i was getting after an all day wait. i was told he loves to help and loves getting to the bottom of things.. well, that was wrong. HE HAS MADE ME SICKER, BACKED UP ON ALL MY REPORTS, REFERRALS AND MEDICATIONS.. this is a dr, and office i would love to see get inspected on their treatment of others... oh, and he loves patients who tell him dirty jokes and insane things as i hear those patients love him and with them he laughs,,,where is the dr here......sadly, he lost a great patient and several others who i referred prior to my treatment. His loss as i can easily find anyone better than him and any office much more in tune with their drs.(i dont blame them but all the staff that he probly confuses also) I tried and tried..but this patient is giving up as i should have a long time ago!

February 21st, 2014
Terrible receptionists
I have been to this office only a handful of times, and making an appointment was more of an ailment than what I was actually going in for. I have countlessly tried to make an appointment with Dr. Scaven, but am always shoved off to another physician. And again this year I have tried on NUMEROUS occassions to make an appointment; once they called and it was cancelled the day before my appointment. Then I tried many times to make a new appointment, they said they will call me back, yet they call my homephone when I was at work instead of my cell phone, and when I called I got the office's voicemail, and no returned call! This office is a nightmare, I honestly do not know how they are still operating.

July 9th, 2013
Physician 10, Office staff 0
Doctor Scaven is irreplaceable, very knowledgeable, kind and professional. He takes the time to talk and listen to his patients. I have nothing but great praise for him. I am a healthcare professional and have been a patient for over 10 years. The Dr himself is the only reason I remain at this office. The wait time is less than desirable. THE OFFICE STAFF IS HORRIBLE! Everyone from the receptionist to the nurse that takes your blood. It is poorly run. The office manager does not return phone calls, and is very negligent at her job. so be for-warned.

April 25th, 2013
awsome doctor, good luck getting to him
I can't believe it says he is accepting more patients at the mayfair location, when he can't even handle the load he already has. I have been with this doctor just about 10 years, he is just as awesome now as he was than. Unfortunately, making an appointment and dealing with the girls in the office, the last few years is nothing but a headache. He wonders why i hardly come, its impossible to make an appointment. Its at least a six week wait, unless you wait on hold for 40 minutes to talk to the receptionist and beg. I swear they route there calls off to the operator way before they close cause they don;t feel like helping people.

November 27th, 2012
Never Went Back!!
I want to share how I was treated by this Doctor..I had to go to the ER in pain.I needed tests and had to go back to Dr Scaven. He all but laughed a me for going to the ER, it was Serious. He didnt want to do the tests the ER wanted done, but did do one. The results were Never giving to me! Here there were a handful of problems! Some serious, No one ever called back! I should have dropped him when I sat there 4hours or more waiting for a lab work that they didn't have in the first place! That is how they get rid of people they do not want to treat! Only a few were friendly..everyone else was Rude and would yell at you!

July 8th, 2012
Doctor is outstanding the Office is poorly run by its manager
the doctor is outstanding, very knowledgeable, kind and professional. he take the time to sit down and talk to his patient about any question they have.i have nothing but great praise for him and i have been his patient for 5 years.the "Office department at Einstein center 2 is poorly run. the office manager has a nasty attitude and does not return phone calls,and is very neglient at her job. so be forwarned. if i could have rated them #0 i would...

April 24th, 2012
WILL NOT BE BACK
THIS OFFICE HAS THE WORST SERVICE I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED. I RECEIVED BETTER SERVICE FROM THE HEALTH CENTER AT WALGREENS!!!! THE RECEPTIONISTS ARE RUDE. ALL OF THE GOOD, KNOWLEDGEABLE PEOPLE HAVE QUIT! DR. SCAVEN HAS A COLD BEDSIDE MANNER. HE LOOKS AT ME WITH DISCONTENT. IF I SEE HIM OUTSIDE IN THIS WAITING ROOM AND TRY TO ASK HIM A QUESTION, HE GIVES ME THE LOOK LIKE WHY ARE YOU TALKING TO ME? I WILL NEVER GO THERE AGAIN!

April 4th, 2012
not happy
you cant get through to make a appointment always got message on waiting is too long no help when you dont have insurance they charge you more i had a double payment after i had already paid in office i got a bill saying i owed more money ..no not happy

February 3rd, 2012
His staff is extremely RUDE and unprofessional. If I could I would subtract five more stars from their rating This has been going on for about 2 years. Previously he had good people on his staff but alas all the good professionals no longer work for him. No surprise there. The Doc is o k enough but without a good support staff what is there? Needless to say I have had my last condescending & rude conversation with a staff member. I will be contacting a new physician.

February 1st, 2012
Great Doctor! Don't listen to the haters!
I'm shocked at all the negative comments and outright slander some people have here. Dr. Scaven is a fantastic Doctor and has always been available when I need him. He is nothing but courteous and helpful. The staff & office have their issues, and hopefully that will get better over time. It doesn't change how great of a doctor he is!! Some people seem to have nothing better to do than to complain and if angry enough, even resort to trying to destroy a VERY good doctors reputation.