Internist, Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by The real one...? on Aug 19th, 2016

The wait is very long, but I wouldn't change doctor for this reason. Besides being an excellent Doctor , she is a true human being. Very thorough , she would listen to all your concerns for solutions, and the amazing part she remembers your history. I'm with the Doctor for 10 years, and I trust my health,to her. The bottom line is... I love the Doctor.

by Karen Stryker on Aug 19th, 2016

Best doctor in the world I travel round trip 3 hours to see her and I would come back from out of state if I had to. Brilliant doctor not like any you've seen before! Been going to her for 17 years. Tried specialist and doctors all over it's worth my trip to go to see her. She knows her stuff! She can look at you and tell you what's wrong. Her practice is a little different but the best doctor you will ever find!

Well worth the wait! show details Well worth the wait!
by LT on Jul 26th, 2016

If you want a highly qualified doctor who will spend time with you she is an excellent choice. You need to be prepared to wait because she provides that care to everyone so she is often behind schedule. But worth the wait.

by Regina on Jul 14th, 2016

Loved Dr. Xenachis. Office is terrible. They don't confirm appts.They don't answer the phones while they are there. Machine is full and does not take messages. No answering service after hours. Called office over 10 times in one day with no answer. I have an appointment and don't even know if they are in the office because no one is answering their phone. I work in a doctors office and cannot for the life of me know how she is still in practice. Never have I seen patients wait 4- 8 hours for their appt. They schedule appts. every 15 minutes when she clearly takes at least an hour with each person. Unfortunately, need to find a new doctor. What a shame.

May 12th, 2016

Great doctor. So great that I've heard that one person with a 4PM appointment waited until 4AM to get seen by her. She really needs a staff that doesn't triple-book. Spends time with patients, knows her specialty well, discusses things in ways that encourage medical and diet compliance by the patient in order not to get sicker. But bring a book. Maybe a Kindle with a lot of books.

May 3rd, 2016

I also had terrible long waits at this office, ridiculous, some visits up to 6 hours wait! The staff is overworked and under skilled. At first I thought she was such a good dr that it was worth it, but as the visits went on I realized she was an alarmist, and had me doing cat-scans, MRIs and many test I didn't need, when you dig and dig you find little things wrong on any human, things that are not symptomatic and not dangerous should not be over tested. Needless to say I stopped going to her and 4 years later I'm still alive and fine. The final straw was during my last 6 hour visit, she was on Wikipedia looking up some things her requested cat scan dug up, telling me I may need a huge surgery on an area near my heart/lungs!!! When I went to my sons thoracic surgeon, who is head of thoracic surgery in a nearby hospital , he was pretty shocked , stating that these things exist and never would have been found if not for unnessasary testing!!! So after tons of worry and unnecessary grief I put her and her crazy diagnoses behind me, and I'm fine!!! Sad Bc she is nice, but she's over worked and losing it!!! She needs to hire a new office manager and scale back on patients , it's a real disaster in that office!!!!!

Feb 11th, 2016

although the staff and the doctor are pleasant enough. The office is the most dysfuntional office i have ever seen. First visit was 5 hour wait Second visit was 7 hour wait. I don't care how good a doctor you are, its disrespectful to the patient to think we have nothing better to do, but sit there. You can never get through on the phone and if you do they put you on hold and never come back. The answering machine is full so you can never leave a message. Found another doctor!!!!!

by Mistreated patient on Jul 28th, 2015

Waiting room time always over 3 hours. Assistant/intern horribly overworked and under trained. No other office help. When I had to leave and requested RX, doc refused to speak with me and instead instructed intern to call police if I didn't leave and stop questioning her refusal on my rx refill.

excellent dr show details excellent dr
by Kate C on Apr 30th, 2015

Dr Xenachis is a good thorough caring kind dr. She is an excellent listener and once you get in to see her she gives you her total undivided attention. A scheduling manager would help with time scheduling. 15 minute intervals don't work well for this wonderful doctor. Maybe 1 hr scheduling would make patients happier regarding wait time

Ridiculous wait times. show details Ridiculous wait times.
Apr 4th, 2015

Dr. Xenachis is a decent endocrinologist but I refuse to spend an entire day in her office waiting for my appointment. Patients sit in the waiting room for hours on end while salespeople come in and treat the staff to lunch. Last time I waited 8 1/2 hours. Ridiculous.

Oct 6th, 2014

Although the doctor is excellent, unfortunately the office has a dirty and out dated appearance. The time management on the doctors part is atrocious. The poor staff is stuck getting the brunt of peoples frustration because the doctor can't seem to manage her time properly. I had been going to this doctor for 8 years and only once in that time was I out of the office in less the 2 -1/2 hours, it's usually around a 4 hour wait. I do think she is a very thorough doctor but it is just not worth the aggravation of going to this doctor. Finally, I could not take it anymore, changed doctors this year.

Too long show details Too long
by Kelly on Apr 24th, 2014

Great Dr. But spends too much time talking nonsense. She needs to cut down on the chit chat and realize that People can not spend a whole day in her office

Pros & Cons show details Pros & Cons
Aug 22nd, 2013

Pros: Excellent doctor that will spend time with you and go over test results, discuss medications, health issues, etc.. I've been a patient for over eight years and she's the only one that has helped me with my thyroid/diabetes issues. Cons: Waiting three to four hours to see Dr. Xenachis which is insane, especially when you have an early appointment! Dr. Xenachis double/trips books appointments and even after many patients complained about it, she still does it. The staff has no control and has to follow her orders. I spoken to some people that were there until 4am to see her and waited eight hours. No doctor should do that to any patient! Doctor is always late coming in... between one to two hours for one reason or another. Office is small, chairs are very uncomfortable to sit on. Staff has recently changed and I did notice a little improvement but they are very overworked and constantly interrupted with one thing or another. They are trying very hard to do it all and I pity them with their crazy hours, very little space to work in, doing too many tasks at once and getting yelled at by the doctor or patients. Dr. Xenachis needs a larger office, more staff to run the office efficiently, arrive on time or open at a later time frame and not be constantly interrupted with phone calls, etc. Time management is not her strong point and is constantly multi-tasking which takes away from seeing patients. At times I've her yell at her staff which I think is rude. Yes we all have bad days at work but to do that when there are many patients waiting to see her is unacceptable in my honest opinion.

by Gerard Bindert on Jun 4th, 2013

I couldn't ask for a better doctor for treatment of my Type 1 Diabetes. She is awesome.

Ex-patient show details Ex-patient
by patient on Apr 4th, 2013

I can honestly tell you that this doctor verbaly abuses her staff that one woman that sits in the front she not only books app but she does insurance, answer phones, calls and refills prescriptions, manages seven thousand files and then has the dr.yelling at her..I even witnessed the dr.coming out of the exam room and and saying "I hear to much conversing, what is going on!" There was two patients talking to her! She is a very mean person! She has to much going on Idon't trust her with my health anymore..She is a nut case..I give her staff of only one 5 stars!!!

NEVER GO THIS NUT"S OFFICE AGAIN show details NEVER GO THIS NUT"S OFFICE AGAIN
by Amy W. on Jan 27th, 2013

I waited over 3 hours to see Dr. Xenachis who was disoriented, complained of a headache, etc. She apologized saying that her husband had a stroke and complications as a result of malpractice. She had to pay for her daughter's education in veterinary school and her son's education as well. She is too cheap and has the most untrained, stupid and rude staff in her Matawan office who know less about medicine than they do about checkers. She had to cancel two appointments on me and once, I waited for her for four hours, only to have her cancel the appointment and burst into tears and leaving. Doctors who cannot practice should voluntarily suspend their own license, instead of making their tragedies part of their patient's lives who already have enough troubles of their own. Her getting the "TOP PHYSICIAN" award is indicative of the flaws in the system; just as the peer reviewed awards in N.J. Monthly are. Get your reviews from the patients and you fill learn that people like Dr. Xenachis (although she is a very nice person) is compromised and should not be practicing at all.

awful show details awful
May 9th, 2012

Wait time is over 2 hours. Can't reach on the phone (either no one answers and the msg says to not leave a msg or it's busy). Wrong diagnosis - she wanted to take out my thyroid but the Sloan Kettering doc and the Columbia Pres doc said not to.

Apr 4th, 2012

Dr. Xenachis is alovable doctor with a great bedside emanner but her office staff does not know what thery are doing.I have read comments that that the reason we wait is because she spends time with her pateints, which is true but if you know that, why does she schedule a patient every 15 minutes? Leave a one hour time slot for each patient. This is just poor time managment. Find another doctor.

Apr 3rd, 2012

waiting period is on average at least 4 hours. We wait due to the fact that Dr. Xenachis is caring and takes time to know what is going on with your health.

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME show details DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME
Mar 6th, 2012

After her office cancelled and rescheduled my appointment several times, I spent in excess of 8 hours waiting ,while other patients walked in the front door sat for 5 minutes and were told "Come on in". I left and never saw the Doctor. Avoid the aggravation and see a Doctor with better time management skills and true regard for their patients.

I'm giving up on Dr. Xenachis show details I'm giving up on Dr. Xenachis
Mar 1st, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Xenachis since 2006. I cannot take it anymore. I have waited 5 or 6 hours for my appointment. The office is so disorganized. The office will close for weeks at a time without any notice or way to get your prescription refills. They will book you an appointment months in advance and you will show up only to find the office closed and no one had called to reschedule your appointment. I am now looking for a new doctor. Dr. X is very nice but nice does not do it for me anymore.

Excellent Doctor show details Excellent Doctor
Oct 13th, 2011

Cristina is the most personable and caring doctor I have yet to meet. Her bedside manner is exceptional. She is thorough and make sure to cover all possible medical aspects of her patients' health and well being. She is certainly worth the wait in her busy office. I've noticed that the wait is due to the time she invest in caring for her patients. If you have the time she is more than worth the time you wait for your thorough exam.

Good doctor but outrageous wait times show details Good doctor but outrageous wait times
Jan 26th, 2011

The office is very overbooked and almost every visit ends up with a wait of several hours. There have also been a few cancelled appointments after I took a day off from work especially for that appointment. I'm not sure it's worth waiting all that time anymore or risking losing my job. Unfortunately, I think I will have to look for another doctor because I cannot spend my whole day waiting around to be seen once I do get there.

Long wait show details Long wait
Jan 17th, 2011

I've had 3 visits with Dr. Xenachis and my average wait time was 3 hours. The doctor, however, was very thoroughand very caring.

Long, long, long wait in waiting room show details Long, long, long wait in waiting room
Apr 24th, 2010

Although Dr. Xenachis is a good doctor who cares about her patients, the time she takes with each patient causes unbearable wait times in the waiting room on the day of your appointment. My husband had an appointment for 4:30 pm he did not get home until 10:00 that night. SIX hours waiting his turn and he wasn't even the last patient to be seen that night. Another patient told me that she waited until 1 am to be seen. ONE AM !?!? The receptionist has told my husband to call before he comes in to find out what the wait time is. So on his last appointment (which was for 5pm) he called at 4:45 and was told it would be at least 3 hours. He said "okay, I'll be there around 7:00". When he came in the rude receptionist told him his appointment was for 5:00 and asked if he called. He said "yes, of course I called and I was told there was a 3 hour wait". She said did you tell me you were coming in later? He said I told whoever answered the phone, I don't know if it was you. She yelled at him for not letting HER know. He told whoever it was that answered the phone and told him they were backed up at least 3 hours. It was up to that person to relay the information to whoever in the office needed to know. Bottom line -- the rude receptionist told him there was 9 people ahead of him and that he had lost his "spot". My husband left and has finally given up on Dr. Xenachis and her ridiculous wait times. If you choose to go be forewarned -- Bring plenty of reading material, some food and a pillow you will be waiting a LOOOOONG time.

BEST DR EVER! show details BEST DR EVER!
Nov 10th, 2009

Dr. X is the most caring and sweet doctor I have ever had the pleasure to meet. She really knows her patients. She spends time with you and listens to what you have to say. Best endo and internist that has ever been my doctor. Recommend her highly! She the greatest!

by Leslie on Mar 15th, 2009

She is who you want if you need a good doctor!!! Nicest woman you will meet. 5 star doctor!!!