Dr. Cynthia Chao DO Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics Long Beach, CA

January 3rd, 2017
caring, empathetic, and kind
Dr Chao is an amazing doctor.. It's very hard to find medical professionals that sincerely care about the health and wellbeing of their patients. I wish all doctors were as warm and caring about their patients like Dr Chao...

March 10th, 2016
First Visit
Do yourself a favor and stay away. She was very rude, not caring and calls you a liar to your face. I told her the pains I was having due to a cyst on my ovary and she repeatedly told me I'm not in pain a cyst doesn't cause that pain. Just stay away she doesn't care at all.

February 12th, 2015
Lifesaver
Dr Chao is the most efficient and the most caring doctor I have ever attended. She actually saved my life!

March 10th, 2014
THE OFFICE STAFF IS HORRIBLE
The exam went so quickly, I felt like there was no way I was checked out completely. Staff never ordered my Ultrasound referral, So months went by until I finally called to check status. I was told by the girl who answered the phone that she was off that day and that is why the referral was not ordered. I finally made it to the ultrasound visit then a month goes my with no results. I called today, and they could find no record of my results. The excuse was that the lab never sent the results. I asked why didn't you call to check the status and I got silence. I tried to reach Dr. Chao and of course she is not available. I pray there is nothing wrong because so many months have passed because of her staff's poor work ethic. This was my first and will probably be my last time visiting this Doctor.

March 21st, 2013
A Doctor who really cares!
Dr. Chao is amazing. She helped me deliver my little boy and saved my life when things went wrong after the delivery. She monitored me closely and followed up with me personally when things were touchy or difficult. I would recommend her to ANYONE!

March 16th, 2013
Unsatisfied patient
Worst doctor ever....staff members are unprofessional ,worst and mess.....I won't recommend this doctor to anyone......she doesn't listen to the problem....she does not deserve any star....

September 3rd, 2012
Bi-Polar? I found her mean and un-caring.
I can only think that Dr. Chao is Bi-Polar based on the glowing raves she has gotten. My Experience was Terrible! I had to wait weeks for an appt. hours once there, only to be told not to be sad about oncoming menopause - "now you'll be done with that mess" (as I have had heavy, painful periods my whole life). But having had no children, it was still saddening to hear that it is now definitely NOT ever going to happen. When I said as much, her response was "well, you made your choices, you have to live with them". Gentle and caring, my foot! On top of this never made the referral I needed, said the pain I was having had nothing to do with the Ovarian Cysts I have, and left 2 problems undiagnosed! The 2nd (and LAST) time I saw her, she didn't even examine me! Which is fine, as she simply confirmed that she was NOT the Dr. for me. Based on what I've read, she seems only interested in difficult conceptions.

January 3rd, 2012
Not based on DR.
Never got to meet the Doc. But based on her staff it is the worst experience, when pregnant you don't want to be re writing/ doing things. Her staff are unprofessional, and a mess. Was asked to come back, never did. Would't you expect for them to call you to check of your coming back?? Well they don't care

December 28th, 2011
Best Doctor
Dr Chao and her staff are the best...would recommend her...staff is friendly and REALLY helpful especially Juana. Thank you

December 17th, 2010
26 week baby delivered
She is passionate about her job and understands a women's body. I had to deliver at a different hospital than planned and she was amazing and put me at ease considering the circumstance of delivering at 26 weeks.I am shifting all my records to her and leaving my Dr. Naghi in Torrance. They never even called to follow up after there office was notified of my 3 month early delivery. She came in to check on me and release me. Her team also called me to check on me after 1 day of being home!This is what I called making someone feel at ease and important. The other office never did that and I went there for 10 years.

September 9th, 2010
Fabulous and Caring Doctor
Cynthia Chao is a caring and wondeful doctor. I was 45 years old having my second child. She was informative and helpful during my pregnancy. I wish I still lived close enough to have here as my GYN. I miss her and her staff.

August 24th, 2010
great dr
Dr Cynthia Chao was ver good to me while I was pregnet with my son adam. I was at the end of my pregency adn wanted to deliver him early. I was not at the right hospital to do that so she took time out of her busy dr secudual to help me find a better hospital that would work with my husband and I. We were induced and she montered me all the way. Finaly I deided to have a secerian and she really talked to me about it for I really did not want to do it. but we both decided it was best for me and Adam. She was very caring through my entire 9 mo and I would have her deliveer my next baby if there was going to be one.