Internist, Rheumatologist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  DON'T WAST YOUR TIME , NOR YOUR MONEY !  |  show details
Oct 9th, 2014

of 4 times I went to the office I only saw Dr La only once ! for 5 minutes, other times are "Practicional "Nurses and even a diferent one every time! This Dr. has nice manners but it's all a Mask. HE ONLY CARES FOR THE BUSINESS. DON'T RECCOMEND HIM !

|  Compasssionate and Smart  |  show details
Dec 19th, 2013

Dr. La was my Dr. when I was admitted into the hospital. He is very compassionate and knowledgable. I found him to be very attentive and helpful.

|  Nice caring doctor  |  show details
Jul 23rd, 2013

The staff, at first, may seem a little stand-offish, but I've been seeing Dr. La for over six years and now the staff knows me by name and they are very nice. Rose, the nurse is the best. She's very caring and attentive. I've seen many rheumies before Dr. La and by far he is the best. He listens to your concerns and he explains everything in detail. I usually have a list of questions to ask during my appointments and he'll take his time to answer them all.

|  Waste of your money  |  show details
by Ava S on May 22nd, 2013

Of my three appointments the dr only saw me once personally. He did not do an examination or even looked at my joints, but only gave me a prescription. The times he didn't show his face his assistant gave me a prescription. Dr La is only interested in your money not your well-being.

|  Good at diagnosis, but needs some improvement.  |  show details
Apr 18th, 2013

I've been to see this doctor 3 times - varying times of day. Each time I waited at least 50 minutes to get back to the exam room and then wait another 10 -15 min. Then, he saw me for about 10-15 minutes. For a specialist (and I've seen many) that is a very short amount of time. He was very nice and pretty good bedside manner. He was able to find an accurate diagnosis by my second appointment (5 others never figured it out and 2 of the 5 recommended me to see Dr. La). What I have is rare, but he didn't spend the time to explain it besides giving a basic description and he didn't give me a plan of how it would be treated even though it is a rheumatological issue. He told me to come back in 12 weeks. Upon doing some research and asking other doctors, I found out what I have is very serious and that there are many types. He did not say this nor did he try to figure out the type and he didn't tell me that what I have is serious or communicate it in anyway. I went back due to increasing symptoms and much pain but he didn't seem concerned and still did not put me on medication and told me to go see one of my other specialists (not rheum) because he thought the new symptoms were due to something else. I did go see the other specialist who was highly concerned, said it was not related to an infection as symptoms don't match that, but were related to what he diagnosed me with. She immediately but me on medication to treat the symptoms and explored with me if I need to see a different rheum. specialist. I watched the office staff make appointments. Basically, he has a patient every 15 minutes which should not be the case for a specialist. It is always packed in there. You have a long wait. I don't rate a doctor based on office staff but some people care about that. Office staff isn't exactly rude, but they seem immature and they aren't that focused on their jobs so it comes off as rude. They forgot to hand me paperwork first time I went but I asked about it 45 minutes later and was given paperwork despite I wrote down I was a new patient. Again, I have something pretty rare so maybe he doesn't know much about it. But, I would have rather him said so and told me (or helped me) find a different doctor.

|  Best around  |  show details
Feb 26th, 2013

I find the office staff to be very short and rude most of the time, the rest of the time they hardly acknowledge your presence. The back office girl couldn't get my blood pressure, she tried 3 hand held devices and I told her to do it the old fashioned way she stared at me blankly she finally quit trying. My breathing must have been enough for her. When Angela came in she was very abrupt borderline condescending and dismissive, I had never met her before, so she left me with a "great" first impression! Dr. La is pleasant I guess, he is very abrupt and I'm not sure he really listens but I'm pushy with him and therefore he is effective enough. I have lupus (SLE), he came highly recommended and I have been to several in the area and I have to say he is the best. You can get good care from him just be aggressive.

|  show details
Feb 11th, 2013

I find the girls at the front desk somewhat rude and arrogant. I love Dr La, his physicians assisstant Angela is very abrupt. If you have a rash then she panics and gets the Dr and your visit is over!

|  outstanding doctor  |  show details
Nov 27th, 2012

very caring. takes time with patient.

|  Least caring doctor Ive ever been to  |  show details
Jan 5th, 2012

I went to this Dr in Feb 2010 with potential lupus. The girls at the front were very nice, and sweet to my new baby i had on the office with me. I had headaches, hair loss, pain in my joints even in my pregnancy along with skin rashes on my arms and thighs. I got called back to his office and I mentioned all of these things and he said, "So, what am I supposed to do about it? Go see a dermatologist. You don't have a butterfly rash so you don't have lupus." I was SHOCKED that someone in this field could be so uncaring and so arrogant. I had already had an ANA screening done and a full lupus panel, in which my ANA and anti-chromatin antibodies came back positive. He never looked at my skin, my hair, my tests, nothing. 2 years later, I am now looking for a place for treatment for my lupus, but I wouldn't wish this doctor on my worst enemy. If the doctor reads these reviews, I would love to see a response.

|  Caring Doctor  |  show details
Dec 1st, 2010

Dr La is a very caring doctor and takes the time to listen to my health concerns. He is great at ordering what you need to get the best care. I highly recommend him.

|  Love this doctor and his staff!  |  show details
Sep 19th, 2010

after weeks of pain, Dr. La took the time to listen to what my symptoms were and match them to a diagnosis efficiently on the first visit. treatment has been effective. he never seems rushed, takes time for explanation, responsive to questions and gave me written info. office staff is wonderful- friendly, warm and efficiently take care of patient needs both in office and by phone.

|  Mr. Richard Wong  |  show details
Jul 30th, 2009

My time spent at this doctors office was pleasant and was very quick. I personally would recommend this doctor to ANYONE and i mean ANYONE. Hes GOOD.