3.0

Go Elsewhere!!! show details Go Elsewhere!!!
Sep 22nd, 2015

Waited over 30 minutes after my appointment time to be called in. During this extended delay, front office personnel, (1 overweight blonde and an Asian girl) were carrying on a loud and personal conversation about the blonde needing to unpack boxes after a move. Whatever they were chatting about apparently was comical and started laughing loudly. Finally I was called in by a nurse; who was polite, asked how my finger was progressing after the initial visit two weeks ago. Then excused herself after telling me the doctor would be in shortly. Another 10 minutes passed and a nurse practitioner walks in. Really? I asked where was the doctor and she told me he was seeing a new patient and would be in shortly. She then began examining my hand and THE WRONG FINGER that is broken! I asked her what was she doing and had to tell her she was not even looking at the correct finger. What a complete moron. She then told me the doctor would be in shortly and left. Another 5 minutes passed and he walks in, POOR BEDSIDE MANNER and explained that the fracture was healing and after I asked how long can I expect, his reply was ‘weeks to months’. After two total minutes with him, the visit was over and I left. OVERALL: Poor customer service, rude front office personnel, being seeing by a nurse practitioner (w/o my consent) and a ‘doctor’ with the bedside manner of a door knob. SAVE YOURSELF time and aggravation; go elsewhere!!! I should have read earlier reviews before going to see this guy!

Mar 6th, 2015

He was friendly, thorough, concerned-explaining diagnosis in words I could understand. Good experience.

by Curtis Mathews on Jan 20th, 2015

His cortizone shot worked, and used the brace for 4 or 5 weeks and haven't used it since.

Feb 13th, 2014

I was referred to this practice by a friend. I was very hesitant after reading these poor reviews. I'm not sure why these patients had such poor opinions of this doctor or staff. I have been nothing but satisfied with my care from everyone involved. The front office lady was very sweet and friendly. The medical assistant who brought me back was extremely friendly, very caring and knowledgeable. She erased some of my concerns by saying how much I would like Dr.Holtz and that I had come to the right place, assuring me I was in excellent hands. She was right. Dr.Holtz was great. He was very thorough, took his time to really evaluate my issue, advised me on what treatment steps I needed and spoke in a way I understood. He made sure to answer all my questions. My condition required surgery to completely correct the.problem. I was amazed at how quickly this was scheduled. Surgery went well. Was very happy to have received a call the following day from Dr.Holtz himself to see how I was doing. This rarely happens in today's medicine. Overall, I have nothing bad to say. Excellent staff, excellent care and awesome Dr. Lesson learned, don't always believe what you read. If I had, I would have missed out on something amazing.

Patients BEWARE show details Patients BEWARE
by EJ D. on Oct 21st, 2013

Went with my partner for a hand consultation for a ganglion cyst. The wait time was over 30 minutes. The doctor was nice and explained the condition and said they were going to schedule surgery for Tuesday. Christina came in the office and we met with her to schedule the surgery. Never received a call to inform of surgery info. We called the day before and Christina flat out lied saying"she was never informed of the surgery and he was not scheduled" She was called out and told that she was the one who gave us the pamphlets and told us we would get a call from them and the surgical center with all the info. This caused tremendous issues since time had to be scheduled out of work with no notice. Other online reviews rate this doctor very poorly. Its apparent why. Needless to say we will not be going back to him ever! Christina needs to learn how to assume the responsibility for her mistakes/failures instead of lying to paying patients and rendering excuses!

Sep 16th, 2013

Receptionist was on personal call, drinking starbucks,& never acknowledged anyone checking in! Nurse was discussing a patients dx & complaining about having to see him by name! VERY unprofessional practice would not rec. to anyone! No covering Dr. in case of emergency! Office mgr. never on site!

poor result show details poor result
by susan J. on Aug 1st, 2013

i went to Dr. Holtz because i thought he was a specialist. after my surgery i had plenty of problems and no relief for my problem. i found out he is not even trained with a special hand surgery degree. i should get to know this before i decide to do surgery with a doctor. now i will need to see another person to help me.

Disappointed show details Disappointed
Apr 28th, 2013

He may have a good resume. He had poor bedside manner. I was told to come in early for surgery. I then waited 4 hours past the time of my original surgery time. My meds wore off and I had to see the anesthologist twice. The nurses apologized and gave me a present hoping that would ease the frustration. I appreciated the nurses effort to smoothe over a stressful day. I would have appreciated some communication from him. The follow up appiontment was similar. His receptionist would not even get off her personal call to help patients chek in or schedule another appointment. Needless to say. I found a New Doctor.

Confused show details Confused
by Dana Anne Drury on Jan 23rd, 2013

Dr. Holtz seemed like a great doctor. Hes nice, makes you feel comfortable and doesnt try to run up your bill with many unnecessary tests and proceedures. But when nothing worked and I was still in pain and unable to use my thumb, we decided on surgery. The surgery was postponed 2 times and that was ok. But the third time he cancelled less than 24hrs from the surgery. And gave me no explination and no other treatment options. My mom was in town, family had taken off work, and i was looking forward to finally being able to pick up my 2 year old son again. I have called to find out why he would do this to me but with no response. So now instead of finally getting better I am stuck right where I started from. Still in constant pain, still unable to use my thumb. And no explination as to why he refused to fix it the day before. I believe he is a good doctor but dont understand why anyone would do this to a patient. Its mean.