Surgeon

4550 Cobb Pkwy
Suite 309B
Acworth, GA 30101
770-917-6795
Locations and availability (1)

2.0

|  show details
Feb 13th, 2014

I was referred to this practice by a friend. I was very hesitant after reading these poor reviews. I'm not sure why these patients had such poor opinions of this doctor or staff. I have been nothing but satisfied with my care from everyone involved. The front office lady was very sweet and friendly. The medical assistant who brought me back was extremely friendly, very caring and knowledgeable. She erased some of my concerns by saying how much I would like Dr.Holtz and that I had come to the right place, assuring me I was in excellent hands. She was right. Dr.Holtz was great. He was very thorough, took his time to really evaluate my issue, advised me on what treatment steps I needed and spoke in a way I understood. He made sure to answer all my questions. My condition required surgery to completely correct the.problem. I was amazed at how quickly this was scheduled. Surgery went well. Was very happy to have received a call the following day from Dr.Holtz himself to see how I was doing. This rarely happens in today's medicine. Overall, I have nothing bad to say. Excellent staff, excellent care and awesome Dr. Lesson learned, don't always believe what you read. If I had, I would have missed out on something amazing.

|  Terrible  |  show details
by EJ D on Oct 21st, 2013

Went with my partner for a hand consultation for a ganglion cyst. The wait time was over 30 minutes. The doctor was nice and explained the condition and said they were going to schedule surgery for Tuesday. Christina came in the office and we met with her to schedule the surgery. Never received a call to inform of surgery info. We called the day before and Christina flat out lied saying"she was never informed of the surgery and he was not scheduled" She was called out and told that she was the one who gave us the pamphlets and told us we would get a call from them and the surgical center with all the info. This caused tremendous issues since time had to be scheduled out of work with no notice. Other online reviews rate this doctor very poorly. Its apparent why. Needless to say we will not be going back to him ever!Christina needs to learn how to assume the responsibility for her mistakes/failures instead of lying to paying patients and rendering excuses!

|  Patients BEWARE  |  show details
by EJ D. on Oct 21st, 2013

Went with my partner for a hand consultation for a ganglion cyst. The wait time was over 30 minutes. The doctor was nice and explained the condition and said they were going to schedule surgery for Tuesday. Christina came in the office and we met with her to schedule the surgery. Never received a call to inform of surgery info. We called the day before and Christina flat out lied saying"she was never informed of the surgery and he was not scheduled" She was called out and told that she was the one who gave us the pamphlets and told us we would get a call from them and the surgical center with all the info. This caused tremendous issues since time had to be scheduled out of work with no notice. Other online reviews rate this doctor very poorly. Its apparent why. Needless to say we will not be going back to him ever! Christina needs to learn how to assume the responsibility for her mistakes/failures instead of lying to paying patients and rendering excuses!

|  Doctors get paid too much.  |  show details
Sep 16th, 2013

Came in and instantly felt like I was a burden. Front office very rude. Wow to be in customer service they sure do suck. Doctor was in and out within 10 minutes. Horrible. Research before ou spend your money.

|  show details
Sep 16th, 2013

Receptionist was on personal call, drinking starbucks,& never acknowledged anyone checking in! Nurse was discussing a patients dx & complaining about having to see him by name! VERY unprofessional practice would not rec. to anyone! No covering Dr. in case of emergency! Office mgr. never on site!

|  poor result  |  show details
by susan J. on Aug 1st, 2013

i went to Dr. Holtz because i thought he was a specialist. after my surgery i had plenty of problems and no relief for my problem. i found out he is not even trained with a special hand surgery degree. i should get to know this before i decide to do surgery with a doctor. now i will need to see another person to help me.

|  Disappointed  |  show details
Apr 28th, 2013

He may have a good resume. He had poor bedside manner. I was told to come in early for surgery. I then waited 4 hours past the time of my original surgery time. My meds wore off and I had to see the anesthologist twice. The nurses apologized and gave me a present hoping that would ease the frustration. I appreciated the nurses effort to smoothe over a stressful day. I would have appreciated some communication from him. The follow up appiontment was similar. His receptionist would not even get off her personal call to help patients chek in or schedule another appointment. Needless to say. I found a New Doctor.

|  Confused  |  show details
by Dana Anne Drury on Jan 23rd, 2013

Dr. Holtz seemed like a great doctor. Hes nice, makes you feel comfortable and doesnt try to run up your bill with many unnecessary tests and proceedures. But when nothing worked and I was still in pain and unable to use my thumb, we decided on surgery. The surgery was postponed 2 times and that was ok. But the third time he cancelled less than 24hrs from the surgery. And gave me no explination and no other treatment options. My mom was in town, family had taken off work, and i was looking forward to finally being able to pick up my 2 year old son again. I have called to find out why he would do this to me but with no response. So now instead of finally getting better I am stuck right where I started from. Still in constant pain, still unable to use my thumb. And no explination as to why he refused to fix it the day before. I believe he is a good doctor but dont understand why anyone would do this to a patient. Its mean.