Neurologist (brain, nervous system)

Had to cancel. Waited almost 1.5 hours show details Had to cancel. Waited almost 1.5 hours
by Ron Ramsey on Apr 7th, 2016

I did get a chance to see the doctor. Waited for almost 1.5 hours and had to leave. Total waste of my morning.

Good Doc, terrible practice show details Good Doc, terrible practice
Feb 5th, 2016

Dr. Hopson is knowledgeable, friendly and competent but overall the experience is poor. His staff is intermittent about returning phone calls. With any sort of a serious condition this is a significant issue since any sort of follow up requires another appointment and another 2-week wait. It is unacceptable and I bet the number of patients that leave his practice for other doctors' is among the highest in the Metroplex. It is really sad because Dr. Hopson is a good doctor, just runs a terrible practice. In the end, the patient is the one that loses.

Great Doctor, Not Great Staff show details Great Doctor, Not Great Staff
Sep 16th, 2015

I like Dr. Hopson a lot. However, I was getting fed up with having to reschedule my appointments and then having an extra long wait. This last time (which will be my last time) I got caught in traffic and I was five minutes late. They said my appointment was for 1:45 not 2:00 (even though I had a text reminder saying 1:45) and that he could not see me because I was so late. I have MS and a very stressful job. I don't need the extra stress that comes from going to this medical practice.

Dr Hopson show details Dr Hopson
Jun 21st, 2015

Getting a appt. was very difficult since you have to leave a msg. so they can call you back. His assistant was very unfriendly. She even was giving me the silent treatment because I had questioned her if something was taken care when my ins called saying they still had not received some paperwork. The whole staff is very unfriendly. I went to Dr Hopson for several years. He has a great bed side manner and was very sympathetic to what I was going thru with my migraines. The wait to see him was usuallly long.

Unhappy show details Unhappy
Mar 5th, 2014

I will never return to see this doctor. He was rude, distant and spent most of the time typing rather than interacting with me. His diagnosis was incorrect and I had to go to SW Medical School to find an expert in M.S. Dr. Hopson seemed to know little about my illness. It was a mistake going to see him.

Easy to work with show details Easy to work with
Apr 22nd, 2013

I have had very bad cluster headaches . Dr Hopson listened and found a medicine with very few side affects for me which really helped. On the occasional flare up his nurse Leeonna always returns my call and try's to get a perscription or set an appointment to help me. I like the treatment I have received if there was one negative thing it would be at a minimum from lobby wait time to little room wait time count on an hour even if you are the first appointment. But other than that everything else has been great!

Excellent Doctor! show details Excellent Doctor!
Sep 16th, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Hopson's for over 7 years. When I first went to him I was suffering with migraines up to 4 days a week. Now I might go 2 months without suffering from a migraine. He really takes the time to accurately diagnose the problem and I never feel rushed. Dr. Hopson listens to me and has a great"bedside manner". I might wait a little while longer to see him on some visits but he always helps me with the issue at hand and I never leave feeling as if I have wasted my time or copay.

Patient S show details Patient S
Jun 12th, 2012

We have seen Dr. Hopson a few times and I am really not impressed. They consistently cancel my appointments over and over. The ladies in the office are rude and disrespectful. It is almost impossible to leave a message for the dr or the nurse. Making an appointment is difficult. If you are lucky enough to get an appt. and make it to the office DO NOT plan on getting in and out quickly. Even if you show up early, you will wait at least an hour to get into the office. Once your in the office you will wait 15 to 30 minutes to see the DR. Don't make an appt. and try to be the first one for the day.. he is typically late getting in and you will wait for him for a while before you will see him. Once you actually see Dr. Hopson he seems to be a good Dr. He listens and explains things well.. but it seems like he is only going thru the motions. I dont get the office environment and the late late late waiting times.. everytime. They seem to be overly concerned about the time you take away from them but not too concerned about your time. I hate changing DR's once you establish a medical treatment plan but it is getting to be not worth all the hassle and frustration.

Nov 8th, 2011

I have been to see Dr. Hopson 3 times and am thinking of not going back for the 4th simply because of the looong wait times. I have waited 1 hour or more PAST my appointment time to see him. After this 3rd time I asked to speak with the office manager about a possible reimbursment of my copay. She stated that they couldn't do that because I did see the doctor and it was a contractual "thing" with the insurance. I asked her about customer service and she didn't have an answer for me. She said if I hadn't seen the doctor then of course, she wouldn't have charged me the copay. Well, duh! Here's the thing, They take me back in the room 15 minutes before my appt time, then I wait over an hour. Dr. Hopson is a good doctor, but my time is money too. I also have a job that I am taking time off from.As far as the follow up after my visit, never had one.

Highly observant and his accurate diagnose helped me get my life back show details Highly observant and his accurate diagnose helped me get my life back
by Marilyn, Plano TX on Jul 3rd, 2010

Have been seeing him for approx 18 months. Was having nerve pain on level that made activity and exercise impossible...had gained weight and other treatments did not work. In one appointment, and after an MRI he zero'd in on one med that completely resolved the pain issue. I was able to exercise, get stronger and regain ability to do my job well....He always spends a long time with me and always remembers details from last visit. I think he is outstanding and highly recommend him.

Wasted 3 years here show details Wasted 3 years here
Apr 7th, 2010

I saw this "doctor" for 3 1/2 years, was misdiagnosed and therefore wrongly treated for the entire time. All he wanted to do was drug me instead of finding the cause of my "migraines". When I did a little research and realized I didn't have migraines but rather IH and approached him about it, he blew me off and threatened me about the treatment plan. I left there in tears and never looked back. Sure enough, visit #1 with the neuro confirmed IH that I had diagnosed on my own - with no medical training.

by Kurt Anderson on Sep 18th, 2009

Top-notch neurologist. Very kind and explains in detail procedures and diagnoses. Fantastic knowledge!