Neurologists, Psychiatrist

6124 W Parker Rd
Ste 336
Plano, TX 75093
972-403-3100
Locations and availability (3)

2.5

|  Unhappy  |  show details
Mar 5th, 2014

I will never return to see this doctor. He was rude, distant and spent most of the time typing rather than interacting with me. His diagnosis was incorrect and I had to go to SW Medical School to find an expert in M.S. Dr. Hopson seemed to know little about my illness. It was a mistake going to see him.

|  Easy to work with  |  show details
Apr 22nd, 2013

I have had very bad cluster headaches . Dr Hopson listened and found a medicine with very few side affects for me which really helped. On the occasional flare up his nurse Leeonna always returns my call and try's to get a perscription or set an appointment to help me. I like the treatment I have received if there was one negative thing it would be at a minimum from lobby wait time to little room wait time count on an hour even if you are the first appointment. But other than that everything else has been great!

|  Excellent Doctor!  |  show details
Sep 16th, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Hopson's for over 7 years. When I first went to him I was suffering with migraines up to 4 days a week. Now I might go 2 months without suffering from a migraine. He really takes the time to accurately diagnose the problem and I never feel rushed. Dr. Hopson listens to me and has a great"bedside manner". I might wait a little while longer to see him on some visits but he always helps me with the issue at hand and I never leave feeling as if I have wasted my time or copay.

|  Patient S  |  show details
Jun 12th, 2012

We have seen Dr. Hopson a few times and I am really not impressed. They consistently cancel my appointments over and over. The ladies in the office are rude and disrespectful. It is almost impossible to leave a message for the dr or the nurse. Making an appointment is difficult. If you are lucky enough to get an appt. and make it to the office DO NOT plan on getting in and out quickly. Even if you show up early, you will wait at least an hour to get into the office. Once your in the office you will wait 15 to 30 minutes to see the DR. Don't make an appt. and try to be the first one for the day.. he is typically late getting in and you will wait for him for a while before you will see him. Once you actually see Dr. Hopson he seems to be a good Dr. He listens and explains things well.. but it seems like he is only going thru the motions. I dont get the office environment and the late late late waiting times.. everytime. They seem to be overly concerned about the time you take away from them but not too concerned about your time. I hate changing DR's once you establish a medical treatment plan but it is getting to be not worth all the hassle and frustration.

|  show details
Nov 8th, 2011

I have been to see Dr. Hopson 3 times and am thinking of not going back for the 4th simply because of the looong wait times. I have waited 1 hour or more PAST my appointment time to see him. After this 3rd time I asked to speak with the office manager about a possible reimbursment of my copay. She stated that they couldn't do that because I did see the doctor and it was a contractual "thing" with the insurance. I asked her about customer service and she didn't have an answer for me. She said if I hadn't seen the doctor then of course, she wouldn't have charged me the copay. Well, duh! Here's the thing, They take me back in the room 15 minutes before my appt time, then I wait over an hour. Dr. Hopson is a good doctor, but my time is money too. I also have a job that I am taking time off from.As far as the follow up after my visit, never had one.

|  Highly observant and his accurate diagnose helped me get my life back  |  show details
by Marilyn, Plano TX on Jul 3rd, 2010

Have been seeing him for approx 18 months. Was having nerve pain on level that made activity and exercise impossible...had gained weight and other treatments did not work. In one appointment, and after an MRI he zero'd in on one med that completely resolved the pain issue. I was able to exercise, get stronger and regain ability to do my job well....He always spends a long time with me and always remembers details from last visit. I think he is outstanding and highly recommend him.

|  Wasted 3 years here  |  show details
Apr 7th, 2010

I saw this "doctor" for 3 1/2 years, was misdiagnosed and therefore wrongly treated for the entire time. All he wanted to do was drug me instead of finding the cause of my "migraines". When I did a little research and realized I didn't have migraines but rather IH and approached him about it, he blew me off and threatened me about the treatment plan. I left there in tears and never looked back. Sure enough, visit #1 with the neuro confirmed IH that I had diagnosed on my own - with no medical training.

|  show details
by Kurt Anderson on Sep 18th, 2009

Top-notch neurologist. Very kind and explains in detail procedures and diagnoses. Fantastic knowledge!

|  Great doctor  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Dec 9th, 2007 on insiderpages.com

My experience with Dr Hopson was great. I did have to wait awhile, but it was well worth it. He took his time with me both to get my persona...

|  great  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Dec 7th, 2007 on insiderpages.com

He is an awesome physician, good clinician, caring and takes his time and therefore he does not hurry through the appointment. He is well wo...

|  Not good  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Oct 11th, 2007 on insiderpages.com

Terrible bedside manner. The doctor did listen to me and ordered tests. He seemed to take my symptoms seriously but he just was not personab...

|  Delay...  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Mar 13th, 2007 on insiderpages.com

It was very hard to make an appointment.Staff - not friendly.Too many people in waiting room.VERY VERY long wait to see doctor....