Dr. Daniel Hopson MD, PA Patient Reviews

3.2

• Good
  • Bad

May 17th, 2017
Appointments a waste of time and $$$
Had extreme weakness in my legs. I brought in a previous nerve conduction test but that wasnt good enough. He had to do another one $$$. Thrirty seven years in practice had no glue. Sent me to his neurosurgeon friend for consultation and catscan $$$. His friend had no clue. My condition must be extremely rare, weak leg muscles. I know they have never seen that before.Was sent back to dr. hopsen. Made appt. Waited for over 2hrs .Gave up went home.

April 23rd, 2017
Not A Pleasant Man-Front Office is Horrible Too
My first impression was while sitting in the waiting room. The young lady at the front window hung up on a patient and then proceeded to berate the patient with the privacy widow open. I was stunned! I work in healthcare, and this is incredibly inappropriate. I waited an hour and fifteen minutes to be taken back to an examining room. That is a looong time to leave someone sitting in a waiting room. I han onset migraine while waiting, which evolved into intense migraine once in the examining room. I turned off the light and covered my head until the doctor arrived. Once he was there, he treated me as if I was a "druggie" I am assuming due to my condition. He told me he would prescribe the only non-narcotic that might work for me, because Maxalt is not covered my insurance. He was certain that this new medication would do the trick and be covered by my insurance.....and of course it wasn't. So, now, if I develop a migraine, which is a common MS symptom for me, I have no medication from my "new neurologist". Fortunately, all of my other healthcare providers are great and do what they can to help me. This was my experience with this neurologist. I wont be returning.

April 7th, 2016
Had to cancel. Waited almost 1.5 hours
I did get a chance to see the doctor. Waited for almost 1.5 hours and had to leave. Total waste of my morning.

February 5th, 2016
Good Doc, terrible practice
Dr. Hopson is knowledgeable, friendly and competent but overall the experience is poor. His staff is intermittent about returning phone calls. With any sort of a serious condition this is a significant issue since any sort of follow up requires another appointment and another 2-week wait. It is unacceptable and I bet the number of patients that leave his practice for other doctors' is among the highest in the Metroplex. It is really sad because Dr. Hopson is a good doctor, just runs a terrible practice. In the end, the patient is the one that loses.

September 16th, 2015
Great Doctor, Not Great Staff
I like Dr. Hopson a lot. However, I was getting fed up with having to reschedule my appointments and then having an extra long wait. This last time (which will be my last time) I got caught in traffic and I was five minutes late. They said my appointment was for 1:45 not 2:00 (even though I had a text reminder saying 1:45) and that he could not see me because I was so late. I have MS and a very stressful job. I don't need the extra stress that comes from going to this medical practice.

June 21st, 2015
Dr Hopson
Getting a appt. was very difficult since you have to leave a msg. so they can call you back. His assistant was very unfriendly. She even was giving me the silent treatment because I had questioned her if something was taken care when my ins called saying they still had not received some paperwork. The whole staff is very unfriendly. I went to Dr Hopson for several years. He has a great bed side manner and was very sympathetic to what I was going thru with my migraines. The wait to see him was usuallly long.

March 5th, 2014
Unhappy
I will never return to see this doctor. He was rude, distant and spent most of the time typing rather than interacting with me. His diagnosis was incorrect and I had to go to SW Medical School to find an expert in M.S. Dr. Hopson seemed to know little about my illness. It was a mistake going to see him.

April 22nd, 2013
Easy to work with
I have had very bad cluster headaches . Dr Hopson listened and found a medicine with very few side affects for me which really helped. On the occasional flare up his nurse Leeonna always returns my call and try's to get a perscription or set an appointment to help me. I like the treatment I have received if there was one negative thing it would be at a minimum from lobby wait time to little room wait time count on an hour even if you are the first appointment. But other than that everything else has been great!

September 16th, 2012
Excellent Doctor!
I have been a patient of Dr. Hopson's for over 7 years. When I first went to him I was suffering with migraines up to 4 days a week. Now I might go 2 months without suffering from a migraine. He really takes the time to accurately diagnose the problem and I never feel rushed. Dr. Hopson listens to me and has a great"bedside manner". I might wait a little while longer to see him on some visits but he always helps me with the issue at hand and I never leave feeling as if I have wasted my time or copay.

June 12th, 2012
Patient S
We have seen Dr. Hopson a few times and I am really not impressed. They consistently cancel my appointments over and over. The ladies in the office are rude and disrespectful. It is almost impossible to leave a message for the dr or the nurse. Making an appointment is difficult. If you are lucky enough to get an appt. and make it to the office DO NOT plan on getting in and out quickly. Even if you show up early, you will wait at least an hour to get into the office. Once your in the office you will wait 15 to 30 minutes to see the DR. Don't make an appt. and try to be the first one for the day.. he is typically late getting in and you will wait for him for a while before you will see him. Once you actually see Dr. Hopson he seems to be a good Dr. He listens and explains things well.. but it seems like he is only going thru the motions. I dont get the office environment and the late late late waiting times.. everytime. They seem to be overly concerned about the time you take away from them but not too concerned about your time. I hate changing DR's once you establish a medical treatment plan but it is getting to be not worth all the hassle and frustration.

November 8th, 2011
I have been to see Dr. Hopson 3 times and am thinking of not going back for the 4th simply because of the looong wait times. I have waited 1 hour or more PAST my appointment time to see him. After this 3rd time I asked to speak with the office manager about a possible reimbursment of my copay. She stated that they couldn't do that because I did see the doctor and it was a contractual "thing" with the insurance. I asked her about customer service and she didn't have an answer for me. She said if I hadn't seen the doctor then of course, she wouldn't have charged me the copay. Well, duh! Here's the thing, They take me back in the room 15 minutes before my appt time, then I wait over an hour. Dr. Hopson is a good doctor, but my time is money too. I also have a job that I am taking time off from.As far as the follow up after my visit, never had one.

July 3rd, 2010
Highly observant and his accurate diagnose helped me get my life back
Have been seeing him for approx 18 months. Was having nerve pain on level that made activity and exercise impossible...had gained weight and other treatments did not work. In one appointment, and after an MRI he zero'd in on one med that completely resolved the pain issue. I was able to exercise, get stronger and regain ability to do my job well....He always spends a long time with me and always remembers details from last visit. I think he is outstanding and highly recommend him.