Family Practitioner, Hospitalist, Internist
Video profile

Patient show details Patient
by David Conley on May 28th, 2015

There is no better Doctor. He cares more then any provider I've ever had. I've had well over 50 different doctors/surgeons and even his PA Jason is awesome.it tskes a little while to get in but they are worth the wait.

Horrific show details Horrific
by Teri C. on Mar 10th, 2015

I was bitten by something and ignored it for weeks as I had just started a new job and had no health insurance. After 4 weeks, it was obvious I had to have it looked at by a doctor. Sadly, I left work unpaid and stopped at another walk in clinic in Auburn. They were busy,now I know why. I left and went to Vista Complete Care. I really wish I had read these reviews 1st. It was a horror show the minute I walked in. I was charged $90 up front before being seen. I had the same experience that another person had with the PA. I found it hard to believe that any medical training was involved. However, I was about to find out that she was my best alternative. After several minutes when she could not make a decision how to treat this bite...a bite folks, she went and got Mr. Sewell. I also question his credentials. I was told Mr. Sewell would be cutting into the bump and they took me to a room, where with the female PA and a boy who looked to be about 14 years old, Sewell began injecting my with medication. After injecting me more times than I could count and remarking to the observers they had to be careful not to give me too much of the medication, Mr. Sewell began digging into the bump. No stitches, just a band aid placed over the wound. Mr. Sewell said he could not find anything in the wound. As I was on my way out, a nurse gave me an antibiotic, charged me for that and an extra $200...for what I do not know. I was shocked that I had spent nearly $300 for the key stone cop treatment I had just been subjected to, no warning, no informing me that they would be tacking on more money. Within an hour of getting home and taking the 1st antibiotic, I was on my bathroom floor, heaving and passing out. I called an ambulance when it had not stopped within 2 hours. My heart rate was 170 beats per minute, I was more sick than I had ever been. I could not go to work the next day and took a day off unpaid. I researched the medication that he had given me and the advice is not to prescribe together. I called to speak to Mr. Sewell and continued playing phone tag for days. When I finally reached a nurse(Mr. Sewell refused to come to the phone)I was told that the treatment was correct and he would not be refunding my payment to him or cover the ambulance cost. I was charged $2400 for a 6 mile ambulance ride due to what this doctor had done and wait for it....Mr. Sewell and Vista complete care just sent me another bill for $450? He treated a bug bite and sent me to the hospital and is charging me $700? Folks, run away from this clinic and this doctor. Curious, have any of you other posters thought of small claims court. I mean, I received over a $700 bill that cannot possibly be justified or explained and a combination of drugs he gave me sent me to the hospital. It would be irresponsible not to take them to small claims, wouldn't it?

Horrible Clinic show details Horrible Clinic
Jan 27th, 2015

I never saw Dr Sewell just his PA's. Totally incompetent. If you want to be misdiagnosed go to this clinic. Was seen by PA and later needed to go to the emergency room and properly diagnosed and treated by an M.D. PA's are unprofessional. Didn't have a chart, took notes on a paper towel from towel dispenser! Dr. Sewell needs to hire a mature, professional and experienced office manager to runs this place. Has young and totally inexperienced office staff who knows nothing about working in a medical office. Poorly runned office. Will not go back and will not refer to anyone.

Very poor experience with a very disinterested doctor show details Very poor experience with a very disinterested doctor
Sep 5th, 2013

My first visit was to introduce myself as a new patient and get a skin spot burned off. Dr S was running late and told me I would have to have the spot burned off at my next appt. My next appt was for a physical which consisted of Dr S listening to my chest, asking me if I had any lumps or bumps that he should know about, looked at blood work and said "you know you're diabetic, right?" and "you're anemic" and that was the entire physical. He was running late again, didn't have time to burn the skin spot off again and was completely disinterested in my diabetes and anemia and/or helping me with either. The least of this is that he was neither "present" nor involved with my care; the worst could have been that at some point I would have really needed his help and he would have, again, refused to engage or not had time . I can not recommend him for any occasion to anyone.

Unpleasant Experience show details Unpleasant Experience
by Lucky To Be Alive on Apr 9th, 2013

My husband was very ill with what Dr. Sewell lead us to believe was a mystery illness. At first many tests were run and we were sent to specialist that we were told had terrible bedside manner but were good Doctors. Many different names for this illness and medications were prescribed over time (so many medications). We saw Dr. Sewell every year for a physical and whenever things got worse, but he didn't really seem to concerned. He would run tests, but would tell us there were really no changes. After eight years, we moved out of state which in an odd way actually saved my husbands life. Turns out that medication he had been on for years he was only suppose to be on for a few months and subsequently caused irreversible damage to his pituitary gland. He now is seeing fantastic doctors, but will need constant med. adjustments and monitoring for the rest of his life. After we left the state, we had such a difficult time getting our records from the office staff. It was almost like they were running interference between us and Doctor Sewell. We ask to speak to him and we were told he would get back to us. I told them my husband was in the hospital and the records were needed by the doctors so they could see what had been done in the past. It seems like it took forever and continuous phone calls before I finally got someone who would help me. We left just in time.

Would you like to make an appointment?? show details Would you like to make an appointment??
Mar 4th, 2013

Dr. Sewell is a decent physician, but his bedside manner and communication skills are lacking. His staff is trained to get you to book appointments when phone answers and common decency dictate a response without requiring an appointment. Refilling prescriptions has been problematic and we actually have been delayed in receiving needed medications without explanation for weeks due to lack of communication and respect for our situations.

Don't Do It TO Yourself! show details Don't Do It TO Yourself!
Apr 2nd, 2012

If you are in the mood to donate $190 of your hard earned money for 5 minutes of a sub-par doctors time then Vista Complete Care is the place for you. Everything about the office is PERFECT until you actually reach Doctor Sewell. Do not expect him to communicate well in the office or at all after you leave the office. You get your 5 minutes, you (and/or your insurance) pay your $190, and as soon as the door closes behind you, that is that. Dr. Sewell diagnosed me with a potentially fatal intestinal infection (which he, by his own admission had caused though drugs he prescribed) and then REFUSED to give me the prescription for the drugs I needed until I came in for another appointment. I came in for the appointment, and he prescribed the drugs without me telling him anything that he didn't already know. If Doctor Sewell was the last MD. in the world, I would consult a witch doctor.

Most caring doctor in Auburn! show details Most caring doctor in Auburn!
by Butch, Julie , LB and Avery too! on Jun 14th, 2010

Our family cannot say enough great things about Dr. Sewell! Each member of our family sees him for different things and he handles them all with medical perfection. Dr. Sewell is VERY thorough and has the sweetest bedside manner i've ever experienced from a doctor. Dr. Sewell makes you feel like he truly cares about your health even though he is extremely busy. Going to the doctor can be scary- but even our kids feel comforted seeing him. :) Dr. Sewell, you are the BEST and our family feels so blessed to have you as our family doctor. Our community is lucky to have a doctor of your caliber!