Family Practitioner, Hospitalist, Internist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

|  Very poor experience with a very disinterested doctor  |  show details
Sep 5th, 2013

My first visit was to introduce myself as a new patient and get a skin spot burned off. Dr S was running late and told me I would have to have the spot burned off at my next appt. My next appt was for a physical which consisted of Dr S listening to my chest, asking me if I had any lumps or bumps that he should know about, looked at blood work and said "you know you're diabetic, right?" and "you're anemic" and that was the entire physical. He was running late again, didn't have time to burn the skin spot off again and was completely disinterested in my diabetes and anemia and/or helping me with either. The least of this is that he was neither "present" nor involved with my care; the worst could have been that at some point I would have really needed his help and he would have, again, refused to engage or not had time . I can not recommend him for any occasion to anyone.

|  Unpleasant Experience  |  show details
by Lucky To Be Alive on Apr 9th, 2013

My husband was very ill with what Dr. Sewell lead us to believe was a mystery illness. At first many tests were run and we were sent to specialist that we were told had terrible bedside manner but were good Doctors. Many different names for this illness and medications were prescribed over time (so many medications). We saw Dr. Sewell every year for a physical and whenever things got worse, but he didn't really seem to concerned. He would run tests, but would tell us there were really no changes. After eight years, we moved out of state which in an odd way actually saved my husbands life. Turns out that medication he had been on for years he was only suppose to be on for a few months and subsequently caused irreversible damage to his pituitary gland. He now is seeing fantastic doctors, but will need constant med. adjustments and monitoring for the rest of his life. After we left the state, we had such a difficult time getting our records from the office staff. It was almost like they were running interference between us and Doctor Sewell. We ask to speak to him and we were told he would get back to us. I told them my husband was in the hospital and the records were needed by the doctors so they could see what had been done in the past. It seems like it took forever and continuous phone calls before I finally got someone who would help me. We left just in time.

|  Would you like to make an appointment??  |  show details
Mar 4th, 2013

Dr. Sewell is a decent physician, but his bedside manner and communication skills are lacking. His staff is trained to get you to book appointments when phone answers and common decency dictate a response without requiring an appointment. Refilling prescriptions has been problematic and we actually have been delayed in receiving needed medications without explanation for weeks due to lack of communication and respect for our situations.

|  Don't Do It TO Yourself!  |  show details
Apr 2nd, 2012

If you are in the mood to donate $190 of your hard earned money for 5 minutes of a sub-par doctors time then Vista Complete Care is the place for you. Everything about the office is PERFECT until you actually reach Doctor Sewell. Do not expect him to communicate well in the office or at all after you leave the office. You get your 5 minutes, you (and/or your insurance) pay your $190, and as soon as the door closes behind you, that is that. Dr. Sewell diagnosed me with a potentially fatal intestinal infection (which he, by his own admission had caused though drugs he prescribed) and then REFUSED to give me the prescription for the drugs I needed until I came in for another appointment. I came in for the appointment, and he prescribed the drugs without me telling him anything that he didn't already know. If Doctor Sewell was the last MD. in the world, I would consult a witch doctor.

|  Most caring doctor in Auburn!  |  show details
by Butch, Julie , LB and Avery too! on Jun 14th, 2010

Our family cannot say enough great things about Dr. Sewell! Each member of our family sees him for different things and he handles them all with medical perfection. Dr. Sewell is VERY thorough and has the sweetest bedside manner i've ever experienced from a doctor. Dr. Sewell makes you feel like he truly cares about your health even though he is extremely busy. Going to the doctor can be scary- but even our kids feel comforted seeing him. :) Dr. Sewell, you are the BEST and our family feels so blessed to have you as our family doctor. Our community is lucky to have a doctor of your caliber!