Dr. Darius Zagunis MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

April 12th, 2016
I went to Dr Zagunis today, and he is wonderful. He took all the time to answer my questions, an really seems to care. I trust this Doctor, and will recommend him to anyone. He is the Greatest.

May 11th, 2015
Rude and unhelpful office staff
I recently reviewed the office staff of this doctor. The office manager returned my call once she read the review. She assured me that I would not have any further problems and I could call and ask to speak with her or the nurse any time. I called today and the office manager (they think) was gone for the day. I told them I was calling to make sure that the nurse knew I had made an appointment for later in the month since I had just received a letter from her about discontinuing my service. (the letter was mailed prior to me making the appointment) the office staff member told me that "since the nurse sent you that letter we will need to go ahead and cancel your appointment". I asked to have the nurse call me and she said "I will give her the message but cannot guarantee she will call you back". I am really frustrated at this point because not two weeks ago did I get an apologetic call and asked if I would like the nurse to call me back. I said no I was happy with her taking the time to call and that yes I would like to come back in for a visit. It seems that the office staff is still the same as before...I would hope that the nurse or office manager would call me back.

May 4th, 2015
My visit was a pleasant one. A courteous staff that seemed to care made feel at ease, and I actually feel like I'm on my way to being pain free.

April 20th, 2015
Dr Z is compassionate, informative, and treats me effectively.

October 20th, 2014
Disappointed after reading all the Great reviews
My official phone call to the office was pleasant and I was sure I would like this doctor to care for my mother. The second phone call I received I was not impressed, but I was hoping the lady was having a bad day. When we arrived at the office, we were NOT greeted with a smile, but rather a "I don't want to be here attitude". Then when my mother was called to the back, we were greeted with a cold don't talked to me assist. My mother is in a wheel chair and is unable to walk or do for herself, and she was told to provide a drug test, which I totally understand, however because of my mothers condition she is unable to control her bladder; therefore was unable to provide a drug test. We were told that if she did not pee in the cup the doctor would not see her, or if she didn't go by her appointment time we would have to reschedule the appointment. (I had taken off work to take her to the doctors apt) Additionally I had sent in all of her medical records 1 week prior to the appt. so the doctor would know what was going on with her. When I questioned the assistant if the doctor had reviewed her records he said I don't think so. What frustrates me the most is 1. they should have some other alternative to drug test other than peeing in a cup. i.e. saliva test, etc. there are many other alternatives. 2. the lack of empathy the staff has for patients. (I can't say that for the doctor because we never saw him, but I would assume because he refused to she her he's the same way!) Needless to say I walked out of the appointment with all of my moms medical records and informed them I would find another doctor.

May 8th, 2013
Best in Texas
I have read many of the other reviews and totally agree with all their comments. Dr Zagunis is a Dr Welby and that is hard to find in this day and age. He doesn't rush you through your appointment and answers all questions totally honest. I don't feel like I have a time limit and I had better get there. Excellent doctor - have recommended him to my co workers.

June 4th, 2012
Best Pain management doctor in San Antonio
I have a patient of Dr. Z's for several years now and he just gets better and better each year. He is very compassionate about his practice and his treatment for patients. He is so UNLIKE other doctors I have been to over the years and his staff is hand picked and all are an awesome reflection of a great team. You are actually recognized by name as soon as you enter. Everything about Dr. Zagunis and his staff are just so awesome. Those of us who are his patients are extremely blessed to be in his best care and treatment. We love you Dr Z and all that you represent.

February 28th, 2012
Top Notch Doctor
I've been Dr.Zagunis' patient for over 4 years now and have actually followed him and his awesome staff when he branched out on his own. He knows his patients and takes his time to find out your concerns, questions & fears. He is the most simpathetic, caring Dr. I have ever had the pleasure of receiving pain treatment from. I've recommended him to all my friends & family and especially to those who are in need of pain care. You won't be disappointed. His staff is like my extended family and everyone does their part to make you feel at ease. Dr.Z truly cares about his patients. Thank you for your continued care. You are priceless

May 23rd, 2011
Provides excellent professional care. Knowledgeable, caring and always professional. Always feel at ease and like I can ask anything.

June 8th, 2010
Best Pain Doctor In San Antonio
What can I say, Great Bedside Manner, takes his time in the room explaining your condition and what he can do to help. I would reccommend this doctor to anyone I know, and his staff is the best!!!

October 3rd, 2009
Best Pain Doctor in Texas
Excellent pain doctor-would recommend to family and closest friends (already have!).Even before my MRI and x-rays, his diagnosis was spot-on. His pain management plan for me gave me immediate and continued relief. Most intelligent doctor I have ever met yet, empathetic and humble when complimented. He's the best! Thank you Lord for such a great gift!

August 11th, 2009
Dr. Zagunis took the time to really assess the root of my pain. He was methodical and thorough. One of the few doctors that has really come through for me. I would definitely recommend him to anyone suffering with pain.