Dr. Darrell Robins, MD
Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Bad experience show details Bad experience
Nov 17th, 2015

This Dr had to be out of town on the weekend I wanted to be induced , so he rushed and delivered my child via c-section and lied On my charts about the reasons why he decided to do c section . The nurses in l&d confirmed but unfortunately there's nothing I can do to go back

So grateful for finding Dr. Robins show details So grateful for finding Dr. Robins
by Frederica Greco on May 3rd, 2015

I am so very grateful and thankful to have found such a compassionate, competent doctor. I have had such bad experiences with other OB/GYN doctors in the past that I had not had a gynecological examine in several years. I developed an extraordinary large cyst on my ovary and was rushed to the ER. I needed a gynecologist to see me immediately ! My regular doctor was called and he reccommnded Dr. Robins . I was wheeled directly to Dr. Robins office from the ER. He saw me immediately and scheduled surgery. Dr. Robins spent a lot of time with me that day and explained in detail what the surgery entailed. The surgery went smooth just as Dr. Robins predicated. I could not of had a better experience with a new doctor. His office staff couldn't be more courteous or friendly. The staff at the Texas Health Center for Diagnostics & Surgery where Dr. Robins performs his surgeries gave me excellent care. No words can express the relief I felt to be in such good hands there and in the hands of Dr. Robins. I had no confidence in the medical profession and avoided seeing docters. Now I have gained a new found confidence in the medical profession by finding Dr. Robins. I really feel he was God sent.

Did you do the large cyst surgery? show details Did you do the large cyst surgery?
by Sally Rumery on Feb 27th, 2014

if you are the doctor I saw on the news that did the ladies cyst surgery for free...I think you're amazing and if I ever need a dr of your specialty..I would certainly find you for it!!!

Doctor's Response

That was me. You can watch the video on my Facebook page or on WFAA.com. Thanks!

Most uncaring show details Most uncaring
by Marylin on Aug 19th, 2013

Dr. Robbins delivered my son due to the fact that he was on call for the group and that was the most horrible experience I have ever had and yes I was covered by private health insurance not Medicaid as a matter fact I had double overage ie.. A primary and Secondary. I was dilated to an 8 at around 7:30pm and was told it wouldn't be more then an hour before I delivered I was trying to deliver the natural way ie.. Without the epidural 10:30 came and I told the nurse I couldn't take it anymore and wanted the epidural and she said sorry sweetie but its too late for that now you are about to deliver, then Dr. Robbins came in and said oh no it's fine call anesthesia. There was a Football game on TV he did not want to miss so he made me suffer ad I had the baby within 10 minutes of aging the injection. My husband overheard the Dr tell the nurse to just hold me off a little longer that the game was almost over. What Dr does this? I was Shocked!

Doctor's Response

I do not remember this exact case. From what she says I got her an epidural to relieve her pain even though she was about to deliver. I have never made a patient suffer intentionally. I don't even like football so possibly she has me mixed up with another physician. If not, then I am very sorry for her experience but am grateful both she and the baby are healthy. She spelled my name incorrectly also.

Traveled half way around the world to be a patient of Dr. Robins show details Traveled half way around the world to be a patient of Dr. Robins
May 12th, 2013

Living an ocean away I learned I was expecting twins. The prognosis of both babies surviving and making it full term was uncertain. My family and I relocated to the US and through the help and recommendation of a respected physician friend, found Dr. Robins. Dr. Robins is kind, upbeat and positive. He values his family and speaks tenderly of his wife and daughters. He goes the extra mile to accommodate health needs and is fabulous about keeping the patient informed. He is easy to talk to regarding sensitive health concerns. His listening skills are impeccable. My twins were both born healthy and avoided NICU. During the pregnancy I never had to be put on bed rest. We all went home together from the hospital and even a day early! Dr. Robins surpassed my hopes and expectations of quality care. No wonder his colleagues speak so highly of him; this is a phenomenal physician! He has earned my trust and respect. I tell people his is a gift to know. I traveled half way around the world to be a patient of Dr. Robin's and he's worth every mile. The man is brilliant.

Jun 11th, 2012

Dr Robins may need to educate himself on illnesses that women may get while pregnant without making them feel stigmatized. He delivered my precious baby boy but made the experiences that I was facing more miserable. I felt judged everytime I walked in his office. He made me feel as though I was crazy for having a pregnancy induced hormonal imbalance. This imbalance caused pre and postpartum depression. He acted as if I was crazy. If you are prone to this illness do not go and see him. He just needs more education on the resources to treat this illness. I thought he was supposed to focus on women's health...boy was I wrong. That being said, his nurse Jen, is incredible. She is the only reason I did not search for another ob while pregnant. She is understanding and warm. That is something Dr. Robins could work harder on.

Doctor's Response

I treat depression and postpartum depression every day and think that I do a good job of recognizing the signs early so that we can quickly address the problem with counseling and/or medication. I am shocked and sorry if I did not properly manage this patients problem.

Dec 19th, 2011

Dr. Robins has been my OB/GYN for 17 years. He delivered my son and took such good care of me during and after my pregnancy and delivery. If you are searching for a caring and great doctor in the North Dallas area, look no further, Dr. Robins is it!