Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Feb 22nd, 2016

Exceptional experience in every sense of the word!

extraordinary results!! New year, new breasts show details extraordinary results!! New year, new breasts
by a very happy New Yorker on Jan 23rd, 2016

I am one week post-op from my breast augmentation with Dr Antell and I am beyond thrilled with my results. I wanted to look natural and have a size more suitable to my frame (barely and A to about a C), so while I tried on sizers in the office with the help of their amazing nurse Michelle, and came up with a range I was comfortable with, I ultimately left the final decision up to Dr Antell since I trusted he would know the best look once I was on the table. Boy was I right! I am spellbound! They are 300cc Smooth Round Moderate Plus Profile silicone implants. I had very little bruising and swelling, and was able to shower normally (putting both arms above my head!) after the second day. I worked from home on the third day post-op without a problem. I really appreciate that Dr Antell was straightforward and matter of fact about the procedure, possible risks, and expectations for my outcome. If you are even considering a procedure, I would highly recommend that you meet Dr Antell!

Dermabrasion show details Dermabrasion
by Jammily on Nov 20th, 2015

Dr. Antell and staff were incredible. I went in for dermabrasion and was more than pleased by the results. I wasn't promised the world like some other doctors but I was given honesty which is what really matters. My skin looks incredible thanks to Dr. Antell.

Facelift show details Facelift
by Sharon Franca on May 21st, 2015

Dr. Antell is wonderful! He made me look 15 years younger! I look like me, but better and refreshed. The staff is amazing. Dr. Antell is warm and kind. I highly recommend him!

Excellent Dr. and Staff show details Excellent Dr. and Staff
by Gabby on Oct 22nd, 2014

I saw Dr. Antell to fix a torn earlobe. The entire process was above and beyond good-it was excellent. Dr. Antell took his time with me- completely explaining the procedure and the healing process. No question of mine was unanswered or blown off. There was no rushing me out of the office for the next patient. My torn earlobe is fixed and not visible unless looking very very closely! I am very happy with the outcome. The staff was extremely professional and very efficient while still being kind and helpful (a rare combination these days!). Very helpful all around. Dr. Antell genuinely cares about his patients' health and happiness and it shows in how he treats you as a person and the work he does. I would trust him completely for any dermatological procedure I will ever have.

Wonderful Experience with Dr. Antell show details Wonderful Experience with Dr. Antell
by jb on Jun 10th, 2014

I had a fantastic experience working with Dr. Antell, and I highly recommend him to anyone looking for a plastic surgeon. I consulted Dr. Antell regarding two procedures to my face -- buccal fat removal as well as micro-liposuction under my chin. Any reservations I had about the surgery went away during my initial consultation; I was immediately put at ease by his kind demeanor and professionalism. Dr. Antell clearly and thoroughly outlined what the surgery would entail, what recovery would be like, and what results I could expect. Every aspect of this process was pleasant and professional, and Dr. Antell and his staff made time and effort to communicate with me throughout the process. I received instructions before surgery letting me know in detail how to prepare and take care of myself after. The surgery itself went very smoothly, and I had an easy recovery with minimal discomfort in the following days. One of the nurses, Annie, was particularly helpful during my recovery, responding to any questions I had with speed, kindness, and competence. In terms of the procedures, I am incredibly happy with my results -- the difference is both significant and subtle, and my face has definition in a way it never would have without surgery, while still looking natural and like myself. I am beyond impressed with Dr. Antell and my entire experience. He is, simply put, the best.

a great experience show details a great experience
by Patty R. on Mar 14th, 2014

Not only did Dr. Antell make me look as good as new, he was pleasant and informative all throughout the procedure. Everyone in the office was wonderful. I highly recommend that you put yourself in his hands.

I Could Kick Myself show details I Could Kick Myself
by Deborah on Feb 4th, 2014

..for not doing this sooner! If you are a neurotic like me, you may be hesitating because a) you have visions of expiring on the operating table or b) you think you will look like a combination of Michael Jackson and Joan Rivers afterwards. Fellow neurotics, you can relax! Dr. A. has never lost a patient (I asked, of course!), and when he's done with your face lift, neck lift, etc., you will look like you got back around 15 years or more (depending on your physical state beforehand) to do all over again. Re; my nasal tip reconfiguration, also done at the same time, I can tell you that Dr. A.'s form of surgery is not an "in your face" procedure (no pun intended); his results are subtle but effective, and not one of my friends figured out what had happened. Those who did comment just said I looked "great" although they couldn't put their finger on why. I should also add that you must give yourself at least one solid week, preferably two, for post op rest. Have meals prepared by someone else for the first week, or prepare your own meals in advance, get plenty of bed rest, and follow Dr. A's instructions to the letter. There are good reasons why-- number one being, you just had surgery!! Finally, and by no means least, Dr. A's wonderful, warm personality and that of the entire staff of his extraordinary office are more like the family you would have chosen for yourself, vs. my stereotypical image of certain professionals who have attained the top of the heap. Not a shred of arrogance or condescension will you find there, just helpful, lovely people. Go for it.

Mother of patient who had rhinoplasty show details Mother of patient who had rhinoplasty
by E.K. on Jan 17th, 2014

Our 18 year old daughter has been wanting to fix her nose for a while now and after a friend's recommendation to see Dr. Antell...we decided to make an appt. We were immediately placed at ease with Dr. Antell's warm manner and explanation of the procedure....His staff and Nurse were also very professional. The procedure was done in his office and within a couple of hours we were back home with little discomfort and minimal bruising. We were extremely pleased with how natural and beautiful she looks! Many thanks to Dr. Antell and his staff!!

Highly recommend show details Highly recommend
by Robbin on Nov 5th, 2013

I would highly recommend Dr. Darrick Antell. He's successfully performed two procedures on me. One to remove a precancerous mole on my neck that required stitches. The other was dermabrasion on the side of my nose to fix a scar left from a Mohs procedure (done by another MD). I'm very happy with the results from both procedures. He's highly skillful, smart, clear, kind, a good listener and respectful. He took his time talking to me during my consultation and during my post-surgery follow-up appointments. I never felt rushed through. I had consulted three top NYC Plastic Surgeons before choosing Dr. Antell. I'm very happy I did.

A Worthy Investment show details A Worthy Investment
by v1181 on Jul 12th, 2013

My experience with Dr. Darrick E. Antell was stellar. His staff was warm and displayed the utmost professionalism. I am very happy with the results of my chin implant procedure after years of mulling over the decision. I only wish I had done it sooner! The results exceeded my expectations. The chin implant balanced out my features, gave my face better proportion, and gave me the profile I was looking for. I am about 3.5 weeks post op and feeling great. The pain after the procedure was minimal, and I was up and working after about 3 days. There is numbness on the right side of my chin below my lip, but that is perfectly normal, and will take some time to heal. Other than that, the swelling is gone, and the results are perfection. Pricey, but worth every penny. Thank you Dr. Darrick Antell!

by Grace on Apr 8th, 2013

Dr. Antell and his staff take comfort and professionalism to a whole new level. He is truly the best plastic surgeon in NYC. He did an incredible job with my sister's breast augmentations. She has had them almost two years and has never been suspected of enlarging her breasts. They look, feel, and move, like natural boobs... Something everyone hopes for. After seeing his flawless work firsthand, there was no doubt that I would trust Dr. Antell with my cosmetic operation. He truly is incredible. He and his staff made me feel so welcomed and comfortable... The most important feelings when undergoing serious surgery.

AWESOME experience *First timer* show details AWESOME experience *First timer*
Feb 20th, 2013

Dr. Antell and his office were fantastic. Kristina Osmond was the nurse who did my botox and lip injections. She did an excellent job with very short healing time. I was nervous because I had a busy week full of client dinners (along with the night of these small procedures) so I was a bit worried. She made me feel at ease considering this was my first time and let me be the director of the exact look I was going for. Furthermore, the healing time was extremely short. My lips looked very natural and the unnoticeable tiny bruises from healing were gone in less than 12 hours. I would definitely recommend Dr. Antells office to anyone getting cosmetic procedures.

Nov 8th, 2012

Dr Antell and his staff were excellent. They were professional, caring and understanding and made me feel totally comfortable with my decision to pursue a breast augmentation. The results are magnificent and I couldn't be happier with the rests. The recovery time was minimal and within six weeks the scars and barely visible. I feel comfortable from the second I stepped in the office up until I made the decision to go ahead with the surgery, through the post surgery process. I had visited other offices and Dr. Antell's office is by far the best in every area. Highly recommended.

Master of "Whisper" Surgery! show details Master of "Whisper" Surgery!
Sep 21st, 2012

Dr. Antell was recommended by a professional who's client had a mini lift with great yet subtle results. As I researched Dr. Antell, I saw that not only did he have the experience and credentials I was looking for, but also used the word "whisper surgery" to describe the results. I knew he was for me. I did not want an eraser taken to my face, I just wanted more of the real me to be revealed, which after 58 years, was slowly being occluded by sagging jowls, fat deposits under my eyes and hooded eyes. What I saw in the mirror no longer reflected how good I felt. Dr. Antell and his talented, compassionate and professional team uncovered the true me again and I am so thrilled and grateful. I had never had any work done on my face up to this surgery. The trust I had in this great team was well-founded, and I am ever-grateful for receiving the gift of having my outside matching my inside! Total care all-around, with that ever-important human touch, compassion and firm understanding on both sides of the plan of action and outcome. This team (including the gifted anesthesiologist who held me in his competent care for almost 4 hours) is incredible. I thank them, and so does my husband who still gazes at me in amazement...as for everyone else, many just exclaim," Hey you really look great!"...not even knowing I had surgery, just that I look so refreshed. Now, that's the miracle of Dr. Antell's "whisper". I would highly reccomend Dr. Antell and his team to anyone looking for the best in the business.

Don't be afraid of liposuction show details Don't be afraid of liposuction
Feb 20th, 2012

For years, I avoided seeking help via liposuction for my droopy man breasts and love handles. I heard the procedure was very painful. I was wrong, and now wish I had done it years sooner. Dr. Antell is a great doctor. He was forthcoming during the consultation and managed my expectations appropriately. There is some discomfort with the procedure - mainly from the leaking that occurs for a few days following. This is minimal however. I experienced zero pain and did not need to take any of the pain medication that was prescribed. One month after the procedure, I was amazed at the results. Bruising is all gone, there are no scars to speak of, and most of the swelling is gone. I have a completely new physique and am looking forward to buying a new pair of swim trunks that are not high waisted in order to cover up my muffin top which is no longer there. The staff is extremely courteous and likeable, the office is pleasant, and for most of my appointments, I was seen within five minutes of the scheduled time.If you've put off having liposuction because you were nervous or afraid, you needn't be under Dr. Antell's care. Go see him and jumpstart your life.

Sep 7th, 2011

In my opinion, any interaction with a medical practitioner should be judged in a number of ways 1) Office Staff: friendly, easy to work with 2) Insurance; staff knowledgeable and helpful in sorting out any insurance questions 3) Office Environment: seen on time, treated as a person vs. a patient, pleasant experience4) Practitioner/Medical Staff: experienced, patient, state of the art, a leader in the field 5) Procedure: smooth, relatively painless, no complications6) Follow-up; post-operative interest exhibited via phone call, etc.Six distinct levels of criteria I have had several procedures performed by Dr. Antell over a number of years On all levels -- not only have he and his staff delivered, they have consistently over-delivered Any person considering a procedure within the field of aesthetic (cosmetic) surgery, should, in no uncertain terms, contact Dr. Antell for a consultation No one does it better.

From a Pelican to a Swan. show details From a Pelican to a Swan.
Feb 11th, 2011

Dr. Antell is a sublime physician. After a few minutes with him, I trusted his judgement completely. He understood exactly what I wanted (Do something with my Pelican chin!!) and did not push for more. It is a month after surgery. The process and healing were easier than I anticipated. While I look more lovely than I could ever imagine. Yet, the kind of comments I get, for example are, "Hey, you look really good! Did you lose weight?" His work is so natural. My close friends tease me I went from a Pelican to a Swan! Dr. Antell is quiet, classy, and extremely skilled. I never appreciated how good I looked when I was younger. It is wonderful to have a second chance.

Fantastic results that exceeded my expectations! show details Fantastic results that exceeded my expectations!
Jan 11th, 2011

I had been thinking about having a breast augmentation for several years but was always worried that the results could be less than natural due to my extremely small AA cup size. Dr Antell and his staff were professional and personable from start to finish. The O.R is located right below his main office, so it much more discreet and calm than the hospital experience... and my results... well, I am 3 weeks post op and my breasts are already looking like a natural full B, exactly what I wanted. If you have been thinking about this procedure...i highly recommend Dr Antell, you will be so happy, I certainly am!

Great Doctor show details Great Doctor
Dec 10th, 2010

I had my procedure on Nov 15th...just in time for the holidays. The entire process from consult to post op with doctor Antell was much easier than I expected. I just told them the date I wanted my procedure finished by, and they fit me into their schedule. My anesthesiologist called me himself the night before to walk me through the pre-op. Afterwards the office had a nurse dedicated only to me while I was in recovery and arranged my transportation. I couldn't be more blown away by the service!

Top Aesthetic Surgeon show details Top Aesthetic Surgeon
Oct 4th, 2010

Dr Antell is extremely personable and caring, listens to patient's needs, and is one of the best aesthetic surgeons in the Northeast. Admirable work.

great patient experience show details great patient experience
by Jenny on Sep 9th, 2010

I just had my two week post op follow-up for my breast augmentation with Dr. Antell and I cant say enough good things. I have great results, but hopefully that is to be expected when you research the procedure and surgeon as much as I did. What really set this experience apart from the other surgeons I met with was the level of patient care. I live about two hours away from the office and so to accommodate me they set up a phone consultation and let me set up in-office appointments through e-mail. They even had a network of past patients set up for me to talk to about the procedure. Then, whenever I had a question during my post-op all I had to do was call the office and I was immediately put in touch with one of the nurses or my doctor himself. By far more than I was expecting. If you are considering any surgery I say go for it!

Professional and Honest show details Professional and Honest
Jul 28th, 2010

Dr. Antell has excellent bedside manner. He treated me with the utmost professianilsm and was very honest in providing me with information. I have had a very positive experience as his patient and I would definitely recommend him.

by C. F. Oat on May 20th, 2010

Superb surgeon whose patients experience excellent results; also able to hire and manage an excellent office staff for his private practice so he is free to focus on his patients and their surgery.

by Joanne Gonzalez on May 7th, 2010

I had surgery for lower eyelids and rhynoplasty 6 weeks ago. I have never felt prettier in my life. The best part is that everyone thinks I look great, but they don't know why. I even look good in a bathing cap! Dr Antell did exactly what he promised. He believes that your change should only be a whisper. The change might only be a whisper, but the change in my life is immense!

Girl next Door show details Girl next Door
Aug 7th, 2009

Dr. Antell is one of the best doctors out there. I had 2 breast jobs and everyone can't believe how great and natural they are. I would do it all over in a heartbeat.

Very Nice show details Very Nice
by The Real Housewife on Jan 27th, 2009

I was pleased with my surgery, and the way his staff made it easy for me to pay for it. The loose skin on my stomach had bothered me since my last child was born. I got a tummy tuck and feel so much better. Ladies, don't wait.

Great Experience show details Great Experience
Nov 4th, 2008

He was so sweet and not as expensive as I worried