Dr. Darrick Antell MD Patient Reviews

4.7

September 10th, 2016
A view from inside
I am an anesthesiologist and during my career I have participated in more than EIGHTY THOUSAND surgical operation. More than TWENTY THOUSAND of them were plastic surgical procedure. I have spent long hours with many plastic surgeons in their operating rooms. Dr. Darrick Antell was always THE BEST of them. His demeanor, clinical judgement, temperament, and surgical skills are always above and beyond his call of duty. He has built the best surgical facility in New York and cultivated the most professional and attentive staff. Do not hesitate - you will not regret choosing Dr. Antell as your plastic surgeon.

August 16th, 2016
Excellent results with facial cosmetic procedure
I interact with dozens of professionals throughout my day, so the first impression my appearance gives is very important to me. I am ecstatic with the results I got from my procedure with Dr. Antell, and would recommend him without hesitation to anyone considering surgery! When I was comparing surgeons online I compared the credentials and experience of a number doctors. Of everyone I had appointments with, what sold me on Dr. Antell was how much time he took explaining the procedure to me, his extensive set of before and after photos, and the iPhone app that was packed with information on the procedure and educational videos. Of course, the only thing that really matters is the results, and they are as stellar as every other part part of my interaction with the office!

August 10th, 2016
31 year-old with gorgeous, NATURAL looking breasts after implants!
Dr. Antell was very highly recommended to me by a friend/colleague of mine. I felt comfortable with him right away. As a medical professional myself and someone who has never had surgery, I was very nervous and had lots of questions. Dr. Antell and Michelle (RN) were kind, patient, knowledgeable, professional, and reassuring. Michelle returned my emails almost immediately, even on the weekend. I walked into the office on surgery day knowing that I was in excellent hands. I even left the final implant size selection up to Dr. Antell as I trusted him so much. I had done a LOT of research prior to my surgery and had been preparing myself mentally for post-op day 1 and the big reveal. I was expecting lots of swelling, bruising, etc. but when the bandages were removed I was absolutely shocked how natural and amazing my breasts looked - especially less than 24 hours after surgery! I have continued to heal over the past 4 months and am so incredibly pleased with the results. I never thought that my breasts would look so natural after an augmentation. The size is perfect and the scars are slowly fading. I feel confident that Dr. Antell is available should any future concerns arise, and look forward to seeing his smiling, friendly face each time I go to see him. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Antell-- he will take the BEST care of you!!

February 22nd, 2016
Exceptional experience in every sense of the word!

January 23rd, 2016
extraordinary results!! New year, new breasts
I am one week post-op from my breast augmentation with Dr Antell and I am beyond thrilled with my results. I wanted to look natural and have a size more suitable to my frame (barely and A to about a C), so while I tried on sizers in the office with the help of their amazing nurse Michelle, and came up with a range I was comfortable with, I ultimately left the final decision up to Dr Antell since I trusted he would know the best look once I was on the table. Boy was I right! I am spellbound! They are 300cc Smooth Round Moderate Plus Profile silicone implants. I had very little bruising and swelling, and was able to shower normally (putting both arms above my head!) after the second day. I worked from home on the third day post-op without a problem. I really appreciate that Dr Antell was straightforward and matter of fact about the procedure, possible risks, and expectations for my outcome. If you are even considering a procedure, I would highly recommend that you meet Dr Antell!

November 20th, 2015
Dermabrasion
Dr. Antell and staff were incredible. I went in for dermabrasion and was more than pleased by the results. I wasn't promised the world like some other doctors but I was given honesty which is what really matters. My skin looks incredible thanks to Dr. Antell.

May 21st, 2015
Facelift
Dr. Antell is wonderful! He made me look 15 years younger! I look like me, but better and refreshed. The staff is amazing. Dr. Antell is warm and kind. I highly recommend him!

October 22nd, 2014
Excellent Dr. and Staff
I saw Dr. Antell to fix a torn earlobe. The entire process was above and beyond good-it was excellent. Dr. Antell took his time with me- completely explaining the procedure and the healing process. No question of mine was unanswered or blown off. There was no rushing me out of the office for the next patient. My torn earlobe is fixed and not visible unless looking very very closely! I am very happy with the outcome. The staff was extremely professional and very efficient while still being kind and helpful (a rare combination these days!). Very helpful all around. Dr. Antell genuinely cares about his patients' health and happiness and it shows in how he treats you as a person and the work he does. I would trust him completely for any dermatological procedure I will ever have.

June 10th, 2014
Wonderful Experience with Dr. Antell
I had a fantastic experience working with Dr. Antell, and I highly recommend him to anyone looking for a plastic surgeon. I consulted Dr. Antell regarding two procedures to my face -- buccal fat removal as well as micro-liposuction under my chin. Any reservations I had about the surgery went away during my initial consultation; I was immediately put at ease by his kind demeanor and professionalism. Dr. Antell clearly and thoroughly outlined what the surgery would entail, what recovery would be like, and what results I could expect. Every aspect of this process was pleasant and professional, and Dr. Antell and his staff made time and effort to communicate with me throughout the process. I received instructions before surgery letting me know in detail how to prepare and take care of myself after. The surgery itself went very smoothly, and I had an easy recovery with minimal discomfort in the following days. One of the nurses, Annie, was particularly helpful during my recovery, responding to any questions I had with speed, kindness, and competence. In terms of the procedures, I am incredibly happy with my results -- the difference is both significant and subtle, and my face has definition in a way it never would have without surgery, while still looking natural and like myself. I am beyond impressed with Dr. Antell and my entire experience. He is, simply put, the best.

March 14th, 2014
a great experience
Not only did Dr. Antell make me look as good as new, he was pleasant and informative all throughout the procedure. Everyone in the office was wonderful. I highly recommend that you put yourself in his hands.

February 4th, 2014
I Could Kick Myself
..for not doing this sooner! If you are a neurotic like me, you may be hesitating because a) you have visions of expiring on the operating table or b) you think you will look like a combination of Michael Jackson and Joan Rivers afterwards. Fellow neurotics, you can relax! Dr. A. has never lost a patient (I asked, of course!), and when he's done with your face lift, neck lift, etc., you will look like you got back around 15 years or more (depending on your physical state beforehand) to do all over again. Re; my nasal tip reconfiguration, also done at the same time, I can tell you that Dr. A.'s form of surgery is not an "in your face" procedure (no pun intended); his results are subtle but effective, and not one of my friends figured out what had happened. Those who did comment just said I looked "great" although they couldn't put their finger on why. I should also add that you must give yourself at least one solid week, preferably two, for post op rest. Have meals prepared by someone else for the first week, or prepare your own meals in advance, get plenty of bed rest, and follow Dr. A's instructions to the letter. There are good reasons why-- number one being, you just had surgery!! Finally, and by no means least, Dr. A's wonderful, warm personality and that of the entire staff of his extraordinary office are more like the family you would have chosen for yourself, vs. my stereotypical image of certain professionals who have attained the top of the heap. Not a shred of arrogance or condescension will you find there, just helpful, lovely people. Go for it.

January 17th, 2014
Mother of patient who had rhinoplasty
Our 18 year old daughter has been wanting to fix her nose for a while now and after a friend's recommendation to see Dr. Antell...we decided to make an appt. We were immediately placed at ease with Dr. Antell's warm manner and explanation of the procedure....His staff and Nurse were also very professional. The procedure was done in his office and within a couple of hours we were back home with little discomfort and minimal bruising. We were extremely pleased with how natural and beautiful she looks! Many thanks to Dr. Antell and his staff!!